~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

desiibond said:
why not purchase a new 5230??

k here are my specific reqirements
1. screen need to be large for better browsing
2. 3.5mm jack
3. radio
4. WIFI needed
though i m heavy texter , i was thinking lets try touch this time
n ya i don want slider 1s thats why i got 5800 as 1ly option ,any more suggestions :)

@shailesh2986, check these:

Nokia: 5800Xm for touch at 13.5k and N79 for non-touch at 14.5k
SE: yari for 14.5k
HTC: Tattoo Android based phone for 16k-16.5k
Motorola: ZN5 for 12k-13k

@WingZero: check SE F305 and Samsung M3510
@nightwing892001 not sure if Nokia 5235 is meant for release in India.
@sonofpoi: go for HTC hero or Samsung b7610
@jatt2009: X6's price is not yet announced in India and am expecting it to be above 30k

hiviky2212 said:
hey guys , i want to get a 2nd hand nokia 5800 around 6-7 months ols , let me know what price i should quote from my side while looking for that

Depending on the condition, warranty status and original accessories, I'd say a max of 8K.

hiviky2212 said:

2. 3.5mm jack

3. radio

4. WIFI needed

n ya i don want slider 1s thats why i got 5800 as 1ly option ,any more suggestions :)

Looks like the 2nd hand Nokia 5800 XM is your only option.

WingZero said:
Suggest a cell within 7k

Features wanted

Best music output, expandable memory, Good keypad for txting.

The good ol' Nokia 5310 XM (8K*) still rules the roost, as far as SQ goes.

Followed by the Samsung M3510 Beat (7.3K*).

nightwing892001 said:
Should I wait for this or go for the Nokia 5230 normal? Besides the 'Comes with Music' tagline,I cant deduce any differences between the two.

Nokia 5235 Comes With Music - Full phone specifications

What's up with Nokia these days? Did they secretly collaborate with Nvidia?:rofl:New tag for the same model.

Nothing much, apart from the chrome like edges on the Nokia 5235. :p

JATT2009 said:
hi everyone

can someone tell me the price of Nokia X6 in india.

thankz

AFAIK, it carries a rumored price tag of around 30K.

~ T.T.M ~

Hi TTM,

Kindly suggest low budget but sturdy & compact Flip (folding) Phone with Big Keys, Big Fonts on display & Loud Sound (ring tone) with FM.

On one mobile shop I seen adv. for Nokia Flip phone for Rs.29xx/- but forget the model number. :(

thedeadghost said:
Hi Everybody...

Unable to decide between nokia 5310xpress and nokia 6303. please advise..
the cost diff is not much just around 1000 Rs.

theres not much of a difference b/w these two phones .. but the main difference is the camera both the phones have .. 6303 having a 3.2 MP cam with flash whereas 5310 has a 2 MP camera without flash .. and they have the same music capabilities but 5310 has dedicated music keys .. 5310 has a XM tag but 6303 doesnt .. but 6303 is a VFM bring such a good phone at such an interesting price .. i would suggest you to go for 6303 .. hope this helps .. :hap2:

check this out ..

Compare phones - GSMArena.com

hiviky2212 said:
2. 3.5mm jack
3. radio
4. WIFI needed

what is your budget ??:huh:

Thanks for the suggestion pal. I think i'll go with the nokia 6303. Any idea of latest market price in mumbai ? I heard its cheapest at Alfa market ( parle mumbai ).

shaibalik said:
theres not much of a difference b/w these two phones .. but the main difference is the camera both the phones have .. 6303 having a 3.2 MP cam with flash whereas 5310 has a 2 MP camera without flash .. and they have the same music capabilities but 5310 has dedicated music keys .. 5310 has a XM tag but 6303 doesnt .. but 6303 is a VFM bring such a good phone at such an interesting price .. i would suggest you to go for 6303 .. hope this helps .. :hap2:

check this out ..

Compare phones - GSMArena.com

what is your budget ??:huh:

thedeadghost said:
Thanks for the suggestion pal. I think i'll go with the nokia 6303. Any idea of latest market price in mumbai ? I heard its cheapest at Alfa market ( parle mumbai ).
Well budget is upto 7k. Actually saving up for SE Yari. I am already in Love with it. 5 mp camera with flash !

t
thedeadghost said:
Well budget is upto 7k. Actually saving up for SE Yari. I am already in Love with it. 5 mp camera with flash !
No idea .. im from delhi .. you can ask the other TE mates .. they can help you in this matter ..:p but yes .. wont cost you more than 7k .. thats for sure ..

Whats the tentative pricing on the samsung jet? is it a good phone to buy within 20 K range.

i'm lookin for a phone within 16-18K.

requirements : Good music playback (also 3.5mm jack)

Good looks.

durable. and good service support.

Wifi - GPS.

>=3.2mp cam with autofocus.

How good are HTC phones?

Jet should cost around 17k but without a proper OS, it is not so great and it's camera too is not so good.

Check N79 for 14k, SE Yari for 14.5k and Nokia 5800XM for 13.5k (not so good camera)
also, check N97 mini for 23k and Samsung B7610 for 21k-22k if you can extend your budget

thedeadghost said:
Hi Everybody...

Unable to decide between nokia 5310xpress and nokia 6303. please advise..

the cost diff is not much just around 1000 Rs.

Originally Posted by shaibalik

theres not much of a difference b/w these two phones .. but the main difference is the camera both the phones have .. 6303 having a 3.2 MP cam with flash whereas 5310 has a 2 MP camera without flash .. and they have the same music capabilities but 5310 has dedicated music keys .. 5310 has a XM tag but 6303 doesnt .. but 6303 is a VFM bring such a good phone at such an interesting price .. i would suggest you to go for 6303 .. hope this helps ..

If you are specifically looking for a music phone, the Nokia 5310 XM (8K*) is your best bet else the Nokia 6303 Classic (6.3K*) will suffice, as a good all-rounder.

Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

Kindly suggest low budget but sturdy & compact Flip (folding) Phone with Big Keys, Big Fonts on display & Loud Sound (ring tone) with FM.

On one mobile shop I seen adv. for Nokia Flip phone for Rs.29xx/- but forget the model number. :(

Your Options for under 3K:

Samsung E1310 ~ 2.1K*

Samsung B310 ~ 2.4K*

Nokia 6060 ~ 2.6K*

gauz88 said:
Whats the tentative pricing on the samsung jet? is it a good phone to buy within 20 K range.

Good looks.

Wifi - GPS.

How good are HTC phones?

Samsung S8003 Jet ~ 17.5K*

The Jet is currently the best multimedia device with a touchscreen display, for under 18K.

HTC Phones are good, but the ones that meet your requirements with ease, start upwards of 20K.

Guyz i want to buy a New iPhone 3G..

i'm an amateur when it comes to iPhones so haven't got much idea about it...

I do know a few things that i can buy a New one from Either Airtel or Vodafone but it would be locked..

Any idea about where to buy it Unlocked but the Phone should carry warranty even if it is unlocked..

Regards

Naveen

Someone said that Airtel people are unlocking the phone after the purchase. among these two, I would pick Airtel as their data plan for iphone looks much better.

one serious suggestion: wait for iphone 3GS. Vodafone have mentioned that iphone 3G is out of stock now which means that they might get 3GS very soon. 3GS is much much better than 3G in functionality,features and performance.

gauz88 said:
Good looks.
Wifi - GPS.
How good are HTC phones?
Why dont you also have a look at NOKIA's E72 ?? Its a very stylish phone having all you want .. solid metal body give it a classy look .. it also has a good 5MP camera with A/F which should satisfy you .. nokia has good A.S.S all over india which shouldnt be a problem for you .. If you're looking for a touchscreen phones then TTM has already made your doubt clear ..

naveen58 said:
Guyz i want to buy a New iPhone 3G..
i'm an amateur when it comes to iPhones so haven't got much idea about it...
I do know a few things that i can buy a New one from Either Airtel or Vodafone but it would be locked..
Any idea about where to buy it Unlocked but the Phone should carry warranty even if it is unlocked..

Regards
Naveen

AFAIK .. if unlocked = warranty is not applicable .. you can get it unlocked very easily .. search for videos in youtube .. or go to any grey market in your city .. they can do it ..

sonofpoi said:
Hi Friends..

Want to go for a smart phone.. confused a bit as there are so many option..
Main criteria..
GPS, great Camera, Document reader/editor (must), e-mails/exchange sync (for office mails), good sound output, needs to be fast (fast processor).. Futuristic (like to keep phone for long.. so a phone which can be used for next 2-3 years)

thinking about the following phones..

Samsung Omnia Pro b7610 (value for money)
Samsung Omnia HD (great phone with great features)
Sony Xperia 10 (love sony)
Sony Satio (again lovely phone from sony)
HTC Hero (dont know much but seems to be a great phone)
Nokia N900 (dont like Nokia much but this phone looks different)
Sony Aino (would have bought it by now.. great looks.. but no document reader.. so no go :( )

Open for other options too.. Budget aournd 30k..

Wait for a few months, till the top dogs settle down.

Till then, explore these option and see which suits you best:
Maemo - WinMo - Android - S60 5E - Proprietary OS

Best camera phone till date, is clearly the Samsung Pixon 12.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back