~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

vinay_0007 said:
@ttm,

I saw Samsung galaxy I7500 (andriod) phone in Univercell site for 14.5k. Here is the link

Samsung I7500 Galaxy Phone Details :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

I heard that battery backup of this phone is bad. Is it true ?? Does it have any other drawbacks or should i go for it ??

The battery has enough juice (1500 mAh) and is rated at 450 hours of standby time and up to 9 hours of talk time.

Although it depends on one's usage, lasting anywhere between a day or two.

Main disadvantages

* No smart dialing

* Camera features are a bit outdated

* No videocalling

* No multi-touch gestures

* No Flash support in the web browser (coming soon via the Open Screen Project)

* No DivX/XviD video support or a third-party application to play that

* No FM radio

* No TV-out port

* No voice dialing

* Somewhat limited 3rd party software availability

* No Bluetooth file transfers (not without rooting)

* No tethering (not without a custom ROM)

- GSMArena

ggt said:
Again a query

After hearing a lot good things about 5230 nokia considering this phone also saw a thread about n95 going for about 14k. So was asking the question

How good is the price of n95 considering it has stopped production?

Also would like to increase the budget for a 5mp phone if it good music capability. So is the 5230 a good option or any other kickass phone at around 14 k.

Thanks

Yes, the Nokia 5230 is a good buy considering its price.

The Nokia N95 8GB with the new price tag, makes it the only 5MP Camera phone that can be classified as a full-fledged multimedia device.

But its bulky form factor and dated OS are the primary deterrents.

The Nokia N79 is also a good option.

Other options are the Nokia 6700 Classic (12.2K*) and the SE Yari (13.9K*).

ggt said:
Ok but heard that n79 also works slow at par to the n73 and that there were stability issues with the phone have they been sorted with upgraded firmware or 5230 still better with its price tag?

Also would like to know how is the music output of the 5230? Good with the stock earphones?

Edit inquired for 5230 only few shops have them. Was quoted for 8.9k price good enough? Also would want to make sure if there is any expressmusic phone in the same model coz the one i saw was not xm.

Nope. It isn't as slow as the N73. Certain OS related issues can be ironed out through firmware upgrades.

SQ on the Nokia 5230 is quite good but the loudspeaker is a tad weak, not much of a concern though.

The XM alternative to the Nokia 5230 would be the 5530 XM. Then there's the good ol' Nokia 5800 XM.

ggt said:
So i have an hour to buy what would you suggest n79 n95 8gb or w705?

If you want a good camera, choose b/w the older N95 8GB and N79.

If a simple, sleek music device is all you need, get the W705.

Ultimately, your call!

satanofgamers said:
guys need a suggestion .. i need a phone for my mom to gift her on her birthday.. my budget is around 12 k max ... the phone should be really simple to use durable and i need a good cam on it and it should have some flaunting valuie :p ... any suggestions would be really helpful thanks

Either the Nokia 6700 Classic :eek:hyeah: (12.2K*) or the SE T700 (11.3K*).

~ T.T.M ~

satanofgamers said:
guys need a suggestion .. i need a phone for my mom to gift her on her birthday.. my budget is around 12 k max ... the phone should be really simple to use durable and i need a good cam on it and it should have some flaunting valuie :p ... any suggestions would be really helpful thanks

Nokia 6700 Classic is very beautiful phone, before buying any phone you should see this one i am sure your mom will love this.

shailesh1986 said:
need phone under 15 k
requirements are excellent camera,music,wlan.

You've got some pretty decent phones in this section ..!! to start with NOKIAs .. you've N79 pretty musch fitting in your budget with a 5MP camera .. and good music with WLAN ..!! Whereas in Sony you've got SE Yari .. this also has a 5MP camera with all other features .. you can get hold of either of these phones ..!! :hap2:

rocker123 said:
HI !!
I am confused between these 3 mobiles ...
Nokia 1203
Samsung E1070
Samsung E1100

All the 3 are nearly of the same price.
Can you please suggest me which phone to go with, need a good battery backup and a bit stylish.
Or suggest me any other mobile around this range .(any dual sim ?)
see this one... is it worth buying ?
eBay India: DUAL SIM MOBILE + VIDEO PLAYER+ MP3 +FM +TORCH+ WARANTY (item 260530706447 end time 06-Jan-2010 22:16:00 IST)
Thanks in advance

Go for NOKIA's 1203 .. nokia is the best as far as low-end phones are concerned ..!! Hmm.. theres not much of a difference in 1070 and 1100 but rather stick to NOKIA .. as it'll serve you better .. and NOKIA has never disappointed with their low-end range phones ..!! hope this helps ..:hap2:

Hey guys.. thanks to you all, i got a Samsung Omnia 2 after rechecking the HTC HD2 which now got a fresh quote of 36k :O .. got it for 23k (8 gb)
.. nice phone.. my only gripe is that Samsung India hasnt provided WinMo 6.5 upgrade, though the package says for a free upgrade.. i know i can use cooked roms but i wanna try the official thingy 1st.. tried updating by changinh the region settings, but to no avail.. any ideas how to go about it ? :¿

rocker123 said:
HI !!

I am confused between these 3 mobiles ...

Nokia 1203

Samsung E1070

Samsung E1100

All the 3 are nearly of the same price.

Can you please suggest me which phone to go with, need a good battery backup and a bit stylish.

Or suggest me any other mobile around this range .(any dual sim ?)

see this one... is it worth buying ?

eBay India: DUAL SIM MOBILE + VIDEO PLAYER+ MP3 +FM +TORCH+ WARANTY (item 260530706447 end time 06-Jan-2010 22:16:00 IST)

Thanks in advance

Your best would be the Samsung E1085 (1.5K*).

oliviasmith said:
Thanks for your help. Anyone has any feedback on the Nokia 2760?

I am looking for feedback specifically on its reliability and ease of use. :hap2:

The Nokia 2760 is quite alright for basic usage and nothing more.

It serves its purpose as a low-end clamshell, packing the basic necessities.

Cons:

- VGA Camera

- No memory card slot, only 10MB of built-in memory

- Average battery life

~ T.T.M ~

shailesh1986 said:
need phone under 15 k

requirements are excellent camera,music,wlan.

Your only option would be the Nokia N79.

alekhkhanna said:
Hey guys.. thanks to you all, i got a Samsung Omnia 2 after rechecking the HTC HD2 which now got a fresh quote of 36k :O .. got it for 23k (8 gb)

.. nice phone.. my only gripe is that Samsung India hasnt provided WinMo 6.5 upgrade, though the package says for a free upgrade.. i know i can use cooked roms but i wanna try the official thingy 1st.. tried updating by changinh the region settings, but to no avail.. any ideas how to go about it ? :¿

The upgrade hasn't been officially released.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/meet/wm65-upgrade.mspx

~ T.T.M ~

hi i have just purchased HTC touch 2 with windows 6.5 and its great.
i just wanted to know if there are any free mobile trackers(anti-theft) softwares in the market available.
Even if there are no free software can u please advice me which is the best anti-theft software to purchase.

i wanted the above because i lost my older mobile htc touch and had no means of having access to it again.

thanks
regards
havemore1001.

Hi Friends..

Want to go for a smart phone.. confused a bit as there are so many option..
Main criteria..
GPS, great Camera, Document reader/editor (must), e-mails/exchange sync (for office mails), good sound output, needs to be fast (fast processor).. Futuristic (like to keep phone for long.. so a phone which can be used for next 2-3 years)

thinking about the following phones..

Samsung Omnia Pro b7610 (value for money)
Samsung Omnia HD (great phone with great features)
Sony Xperia 10 (love sony)
Sony Satio (again lovely phone from sony)
HTC Hero (dont know much but seems to be a great phone)
Nokia N900 (dont like Nokia much but this phone looks different)
Sony Aino (would have bought it by now.. great looks.. but no document reader.. so no go :( )

Open for other options too.. Budget aournd 30k..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back