~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

HTC Touch Pro2,except for the tilting qwerty is inferior to Samsung Omnia II.

Omnia II has

bigger display

2/8/16Gb internal memory

5mp camera (pro 2 has 3.2mp) with dual led flash

Faster processor and dedicate Graphics chip

about 5mm thinner and 50gms lighter (coz of not having qwerty slide keypad)

But both suck in one thing that is music playback quality. :)

hey ,i m 2 confused over this so i thoguht i will put the question where i can get best help

so here is my scene , i hv sony ericsson m600i and using gprs on this , m all satsified on it coz of it touchscreen n nice keypad as i m a heavy texter and chat a lot on gatlk n all , but after seeing every1 talkin about 5800xpressmusic n now 5230 ,i m just confused . I like the big screen on these phones which i miss on my little m600i

just help me out ,should i go for any of those ? I am just wondering if texting and chatting will b comfortable on that as for me my phone is meant for that only

..viky..

desiibond said:
HTC Touch Pro2,except for the tilting qwerty is inferior to Samsung Omnia II.

Omnia II has

bigger display
2/8/16Gb internal memory
5mp camera (pro 2 has 3.2mp) with dual led flash
Faster processor and dedicate Graphics chip
about 5mm thinner and 50gms lighter (coz of not having qwerty slide keypad)

But both suck in one thing that is music playback quality. :)

touch pro 2 camera is 3.2 mpx without flash is alraedy considered dated with that number of megapixels, htc has gained a reputation and they charge a premium for it, especially for htc sense ui there is a price factor too, htc touch pro doesn't have official spport in india, i mean it is not officially launched, they r good quality but what samsung has come out is i think is vfm and fantastic at that amoled, 5px processor is faster, and all . omnia 2 b7610 (20k) cuts htc pro2 (30k) by 10k that is huge k extra just for tilt and htc sense ui ( btw it can be ported to omnia2, see modaco.com) lesser camera and lesser bright screen

i disagree on music quality, samsung b7610 with their supplied iem earbuds sounder decent enough to me plus b7610 has 3.5mm socket where u can get headphone of r choice whereas htc tp2 comes witheir proprietory jack means onehas buy it from them or get a connetor added to changfe it to the headphone of our choice

I inquired about the prices of the following phones today from Chandigarh:

Samsung B7610-21000 to 21,500.

Nokia 5800XM- 12500

However, I liked the B 7610. It has WinMob 6.5. Do you think it will be upgraded to WinMob 7.0 when it is released?

I am currently being offered only Rs 3, 500/- for my fully function awesome Sony Ericsson K810i. What do you have to say about that guys? I even have the bill, box, etc

a qwerty on 2.8" symbian, not a good idea for heavy texting.
check samsung b7610 and nokia n97 mini

baccilus said:
Nokia 5800XM- 12500
However, I liked the B 7610. It has WinMob 6.5. Do you think it will be upgraded to WinMob 7.0 when it is released?

I am currently being offered only Rs 3, 500/- for my fully function awesome Sony Ericsson K810i. What do you have to say about that guys? I even have the bill, box, etc

this means you pay 9k for 5800xm. damn good deal. go for it if music is top priority. terrific vfm.

baccilus said:

Nokia 5800XM- 12500

1. Can't really comment on the possibility of the OS upgrade.

2. 3.5K is the best offer you can get! Others would offer a lesser price. Bill, Box etc. don't really matter once it runs out of warranty.

Srirama said:
for a given budget of 9k,

how does nokia 5230 sound?(BTW im a heavy texter,but dont mind virtual keyboard)

The Nokia 5230 is a pretty decent device and the touchscreen QWERTY ain't that bad, also features better handwriting recognition.

But if you really into texting, why not consider the Nokia E63, which sports a QWERTY keypad? Or the QWERTY devices from the Samsung Corby series?

hatydu said:
touch pro 2 camera is 3.2 mpx without flash is alraedy considered dated with that number of megapixels, htc has gained a reputation and they charge a premium for it, especially for htc sense ui there is a price factor too, htc touch pro doesn't have official spport in india, i mean it is not officially launched, they r good quality but what samsung has come out is i think is vfm and fantastic at that amoled, 5px processor is faster, and all . omnia 2 b7610 (20k) cuts htc pro2 (30k) by 10k that is huge k extra just for tilt and htc sense ui ( btw it can be ported to omnia2, see modaco.com) lesser camera and lesser bright screen

i disagree on music quality, samsung b7610 with their supplied iem earbuds sounder decent enough to me plus b7610 has 3.5mm socket where u can get headphone of r choice whereas htc tp2 comes witheir proprietory jack means onehas buy it from them or get a connetor added to changfe it to the headphone of our choice

HTC targets its products at business/corporate users, who look for a blend of productivity and style statement over features, multimedia performance and price. Take a look at their portfolio and you'll know what I mean.

Samsung on the other hand, have a open-minded approach, try to deliver a mixture of all the above at a competitive price tag, primarily because it caters to the general audience.Again, looking at Samsung's portfolio, reveals devices that have a dual personality, looking to please all.

Hope this gives you an insight on how these brands work. :)

hiviky2212 said:
hey ,i m 2 confused over this so i thoguht i will put the question where i can get best help
so here is my scene , i hv sony ericsson m600i and using gprs on this , m all satsified on it coz of it touchscreen n nice keypad as i m a heavy texter and chat a lot on gatlk n all , but after seeing every1 talkin about 5800xpressmusic n now 5230 ,i m just confused . I like the big screen on these phones which i miss on my little m600i

just help me out ,should i go for any of those ? I am just wondering if texting and chatting will b comfortable on that as for me my phone is meant for that only

..viky..

Both, the 5230 and the 5800 are good options but the question is, are you ready to have the touchscreen as your only mode of input? texting on the touchscreen QWERTY is straightforward but not quite easy on the heavy texters.
In that case, you are better off with an actual QWERTY keyboard, like in the case of the Nokia E63, Samsung B5310 CorbyPRO and the Samsung B7320 OmniaPRO.

~ T.T.M ~

Again a query
After hearing a lot good things about 5230 nokia considering this phone also saw a thread about n95 going for about 14k. So was asking the question
How good is the price of n95 considering it has stopped production?
Also would like to increase the budget for a 5mp phone if it good music capability. So is the 5230 a good option or any other kickass phone at around 14 k.
Thanks

^^N79 are SE Yari are two phones at 14.5k price that come with good 5mp camera and music quality.

nokia 5800xm is better than N95 anyday and 5230xm costs 9.5k and comes with 2mp camera and no Wifi

desiibond said:
^^N79 are SE Yari are two phones at 14.5k price that come with good 5mp camera and music quality.
nokia 5800xm is better than N95 anyday and 5230xm costs 9.5k and comes with 2mp camera and no Wifi

Ok but heard that n79 also works slow at par to the n73 and that there were stability issues with the phone have they been sorted with upgraded firmware or 5230 still better with its price tag?
Also would like to know how is the music output of the 5230? Good with the stock earphones?
Edit inquired for 5230 only few shops have them. Was quoted for 8.9k price good enough? Also would want to make sure if there is any expressmusic phone in the same model coz the one i saw was not xm.

guys need a suggestion .. i need a phone for my mom to gift her on her birthday.. my budget is around 12 k max ... the phone should be really simple to use durable and i need a good cam on it and it should have some flaunting valuie :p ... any suggestions would be really helpful thanks

ggt said:
Ok but heard that n79 also works slow at par to the n73 and that there were stability issues with the phone have they been sorted with upgraded firmware or 5230 still better with its price tag?
Also would like to know how is the music output of the 5230? Good with the stock earphones?
Edit inquired for 5230 only few shops have them. Was quoted for 8.9k price good enough? Also would want to make sure if there is any expressmusic phone in the same model coz the one i saw was not xm.

Who did you hear this..?? N79 is way way better than N73 .. and has a way better UI than what the 73 has .. god knows who told you that ..??:mad: :S

As far as 5230 is concerned .. there is no option of a XpressMusic in 5230 .. and the price of 5230 has to decrease in sometime as there is a hipe in it as its a new phone .. it'll come down gradually in a few weeks .. good for you if you wait .. Looking from the music output point of view .. i guess wont be as much as 5800 or 5530 but will be decent enough .. also observing that it isnt really a music based phone so .. there should a difference somewhere .. I hope this helps;) ..

shaibalik said:
Who did you hear this..?? N79 is way way better than N73 .. and has a way better UI than what the 73 has .. god knows who told you that ..??:mad: :S

As far as 5230 is concerned .. there is no option of a XpressMusic in 5230 .. and the price of 5230 has to decrease in sometime as there is a hipe in it as its a new phone .. it'll come down gradually in a few weeks .. good for you if you wait .. Looking from the music output point of view .. i guess wont be as much as 5800 or 5530 but will be decent enough .. also observing that it isnt really a music based phone so .. there should a difference somewhere .. I hope this helps;) ..

So i have an hour to buy what would you suggest n79 n95 8gb or w705?

Srirama said:
for a given budget of 9k,
how does nokia 5230 sound?(BTW im a heavy texter,but dont mind virtual keyboard)

I agree with all other, E63 is the phone for you. Nokia is giving a bluetooth headset FREE with every E63, so go get it you will not regret.

Don't invest in Corby brigade as they aren't smartphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back