~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

desiibond said:
The problem with these phones that come with Java UI is that there won't be many good apps. I faced this issue with Motorola E6 (linus based).

You could not find any good apps for your Motorola E6! ! ! :eek:
Never heard of ModMyMoto ?
Go check out its section on the E6 and then say if good applications are available for it or not.

hotshot05 said:
You could not find any good apps for your Motorola E6! ! ! :eek:
Never heard of ModMyMoto ?
Go check out its section on the E6 and then say if good applications are available for it or not.

Mororokr E6 forum section: Rokr E6 / Ming a1200 - ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones

all you can see here is how to mod, how to do this, how to do that.

Java apps page:

ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones - Downloads - Usefull Applications

most of them are either dictionary apps or opera related apps or PDF. Nothing else. And there are 116 music apps and none of them are useful.

I tried many forums to find apps for this phone and in the end gave up and used the phone just as a phone.

Sorry buddy, it's the truth. In application availability, motorokr E6 sucks.

Looking for a Dual Sim GSM + CDMA phone.

>Cheap
> Better talktime
> Callwaiting while on other sim.

Models that i have seen till now

Spice D 80 , D88 - 6k
Spice D 6666 7k
Max C - some no Rs 4350

anyother mobile u can suggest. want a very basic phone.

alto said:
got it right....neway thanx....

Can anyone suggest an antivirus for Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic? Which will be a good one....

You don't need one.

Just make sure you scan the files before transferring them to your phone and avoid accepting file transfers from strangers.

ggt said:
Regarding my previous post for accessories do they come the hpm 75 thingy do these items come under warranty. Found on google there are a lot of fake accessories doing rounds all over. That is can i infer that those which are not under warranty are fakes.

Buy it from Sony World.

gauz88 said:
I bought Samsung star wifi yesterday.Got it for 8789 from the mobile store.I exchanged it for my W810i. It fetched me 2K. so ended up payin ~6.7K.

I just happened to check gsmarena ratings and what worries me is samsung star is rated in the range of 8.x wheread star wifi is around 7.x. is there something missing in wifi or did i opt for the wrong phone?

Also, i did not like the sound thru earphones in the wifi model though on paper it boasts of DNSe engine.I used corby connector and paired it with my PL 11 but the sound was not impressive at all. Can something/some software actually enhance the sound quality?

Also if someone could help me with some website other than mobile9 for appz etc for my phone.

Thanks

Not really.

It's just that the Wifi edition doesn't bring about many changes/addition with the exception of WiFi, hence the lower rating.

The devices are identical, although the presence of WiFi takes a toll on the battery life.

For the SQ, try playing around with the equalizer settings till the desired SQ is achieved. Also experiment with different earphones if needed.

No application can actually tweak your phone's hardware.

goodakash said:
Any idea when will Nokia 7230 release in India ? And at what price ?

Early 2010, priced at 7-8K.

Karthi007 said:
My friends bro who is in college needs a new mobile.
Budget: 8-10k.
I am confused between the Samsung S3650 Corby and the Star 3G and the new Nokia 5230.
Which is the better phone?
Will the Corby's 960mAh battery provide enough juice for the phone?
Is it better to opt fort 3G phone now as he will be using this for another 2.5 years?
Are there any other better alternatives in this range?

The Nokia 5230 is a solid option minus the lack of Wifi.
No better alternatives in this price range.
The 3G scene should start improving in a few months time, so it would be good to have a 3G device.

amol_cool said:
Hey guys I am looking to buy a smartphone. Probably a used one to keep the prices low. I am inclined towards Nokia E71/E72. Can you recommend me more similar to these? My budget is not more than 15k. Open to touch screen as well.

Require:

1. Internet

2. Messaging

3. Good camera (at least 2 MP)

4. 3G (Moving to U.S. soon so would be better if it's 3G)

5. 3rd party apps, more the better!

Not worried about music as I have ipod. Was also looking at blackberry storm but found out that it doesn't have WLAN! :O

I don't see how the E72 will fall in your budget, leave alone a second hand one(atleast not this soon).

Anyway, your options:

#1 Nokia E71 ~ 15.6K*

#2 Nokia 5800 XM ~ 13.2K*

#3 Samsung B7320 OmniaPro ~ 11.5K*

bond_bhai said:
Hello Guys,

I am in look out for a mobile without camera! Company Rules :(

I currently own Samsung with FM Radio. Any ideas as to which mobile will suti my requirements? Cost < 8K!

You can only get low-end phones without a camera.

Availability of older business minded phones without a camera, is scarce.

sarveshdewan28 said:
hows nokia n900?and from where can i get it imported from US?suggest any other gud fone as well budget 25-30k and need to buy 1 more gud muzik fone as well wid 3.2 mp camera budget 16k

1. The Nokia N900 sure is interesting, with a fancy feature set, excellent Internet capabilities and of course, a whole new OS to work with.

We will have to wait and see how it shapes up in the market, as sales and user experiences keep rising.

Alternatives to the N900: Nokia N97, HTC Touch Pro2, SE Xperia X2, Motorola Milestone and of course the Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO.

2. Music Phones under 16K:

Nokia 5800 XpressM ~ 13.2K*

SE W705 ~ 12.5K*

Moto Rokr E8 ~ 12.3K*

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
1. The Nokia N900 sure is interesting, with a fancy feature set, excellent Internet capabilities and of course, a whole new OS to work with.
We will have to wait and see how it shapes up in the market, as sales and user experiences keep rising.

Alternatives to the N900: Nokia N97, HTC Touch Pro2, SE Xperia X2, Motorola Milestone and of course the Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO.

2. Music Phones under 16K:

Nokia 5800 XpressM ~ 13.2K*
SE W705 ~ 12.5K*
Moto Rokr E8 ~ 12.3K*

~ T.T.M ~
Well i think Xperia 2, Moto Milestone will be beyond budget of 25k-30k. Isn't it??

Well there is a nice deal on ebay for BB Curve 8310 (in like 9k) and am thinking about picking it up, how good is it compared to Curve 8520. I personally liked 8310 as keys of 8520 seems too cramped.

udayrulz said:
^ Extend budget by a bit and get HTC Hero .. android > all platforms except iPhone OS (beats it in most things but still maturing )

Hero's resistive i think and i'm tired of these screens.sold my diamond 2 two days ago.
I already own iphone 3g 8gb :)

Can anyone suggest me the phone having the best camera...

I'm not talking about megapixels or anything.. I mean quality wise.. ( even a 3.2mp will do.. )

Currently I have N82, which had the best camera when I bought it..

Anything in the budget of 15k ??

iq6886 said:
Can anyone suggest me the phone having the best camera...
I'm not talking about megapixels or anything.. I mean quality wise.. ( even a 3.2mp will do.. )
Currently I have N82, which had the best camera when I bought it..
Anything in the budget of 15k ??
Well .. you can try SE's G900 or Yari .. both having 5mp camera .. but the only drawback is nowadays SE phones are getting a lot of complaints. But potentially in your range these two phones have the best camera. Try G900 because it also has a touch functionality.. Yari is a slider .. Hope this works for you.

iq6886 said:
Nah.. I'll not buy a Sony in any case...
Looking at ur case only , I'll avoid it more ... :p
anything in Nokia ?? or should i just repair my N82..

Incase of NOKIA .. nothing stands better than 5800 at the moment ... I guess it'll be better if you get your N82 fixed .. which seems the best option as of now .. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back