~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

var89 said:
hi,

i'm stuck between e72 and Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO.
i'm not an avid email checker so internet not a priority.
music too not a priority.
i like scheduling things so it should have a pretty good scheduling system.
it should be snappy and good battery life.
should be light and thin/easy to carry.
gps is important too.
budget around 20k.

For your requirement, there is no need to spend 20k for a phone.

Check HTC Tattoo that is available for 13.5k. for physical keypad, check BB curve which is also available for 13k-14k.

desiibond said:
For your requirement, there is no need to spend 20k for a phone.

Check HTC Tattoo that is available for 13.5k. for physical keypad, check BB curve which is also available for 13k-14k.

But for blackberry i'll have to purchase a plan which will cost me a bomb, i think 250-350 plus the call plan from vodafone so another 300 Rs. That means 600 per month. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I'll look at HTC Tatoo.

I installed Opera Mini in my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. But very first time it starts it goes for installing some resources from internet. After some time it stops with an error "Failed to connect to the internet". I'm using Vodafone GPRS connection to connect. I think there are some internet settings problem. I can browse the internet using inbuit browser though. Can u please rectify the problem?

alto said:
I installed Opera Mini in my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. But very first time it starts it goes for installing some resources from internet. After some time it stops with an error "Failed to connect to the internet". I'm using Vodafone GPRS connection to connect. I think there are some internet settings problem. I can browse the internet using inbuit browser though. Can u please rectify the problem?

Try Opera Mini 5 beta.

Regarding my previous post for accessories do they come the hpm 75 thingy do these items come under warranty. Found on google there are a lot of fake accessories doing rounds all over. That is can i infer that those which are not under warranty are fakes.

I bought Samsung star wifi yesterday.Got it for 8789 from the mobile store.I exchanged it for my W810i. It fetched me 2K. so ended up payin ~6.7K.

I just happened to check gsmarena ratings and what worries me is samsung star is rated in the range of 8.x wheread star wifi is around 7.x. is there something missing in wifi or did i opt for the wrong phone?

Also, i did not like the sound thru earphones in the wifi model though on paper it boasts of DNSe engine.I used corby connector and paired it with my PL 11 but the sound was not impressive at all. Can something/some software actually enhance the sound quality?

Also if someone could help me with some website other than mobile9 for appz etc for my phone.

Thanks

gauz88 said:
I bought Samsung star wifi yesterday.Got it for 8789 from the mobile store.I exchanged it for my W810i. It fetched me 2K. so ended up payin ~6.7K.
I just happened to check gsmarena ratings and what worries me is samsung star is rated in the range of 8.x wheread star wifi is around 7.x. is there something missing in wifi or did i opt for the wrong phone?
Also, i did not like the sound thru earphones in the wifi model though on paper it boasts of DNSe engine.I used corby connector and paired it with my PL 11 but the sound was not impressive at all. Can something/some software actually enhance the sound quality?
Also if someone could help me with some website other than mobile9 for appz etc for my phone.
Thanks

don't worry about those ratings. When the phone is working fine, there is no need to worry about ratings. :)

Player: Did you check KD Player (java app). not sure how well it will run.

The problem with these phones that come with Java UI is that there won't be many good apps. I faced this issue with Motorola E6 (linus based).
audio quality : Get Fiio amplfier for better audio quality.

My friends bro who is in college needs a new mobile.

Budget: 8-10k.

I am confused between the Samsung S3650 Corby and the Star 3G and the new Nokia 5230.

Which is the better phone?

Will the Corby's 960mAh battery provide enough juice for the phone?

Is it better to opt fort 3G phone now as he will be using this for another 2.5 years?

Are there any other better alternatives in this range?

Karthi007 said:
My friends bro who is in college needs a new mobile.
Budget: 8-10k.
I am confused between the Samsung S3650 Corby and the Star 3G and the new Nokia 5230.
Which is the better phone?
Will the Corby's 960mAh battery provide enough juice for the phone?
Is it better to opt fort 3G phone now as he will be using this for another 2.5 years?
Are there any other better alternatives in this range?

Except for display, Nokia 5320 is better than both Star and Corby. And it comes with S60 interface which means that it has got loads of 3rd party apps.

If your friend strictly wants a touch phone, Samsung Star excels over Corby. Only feature that Corby is better than Star is capacitive touch.

Hey guys I am looking to buy a smartphone. Probably a used one to keep the prices low. I am inclined towards Nokia E71/E72. Can you recommend me more similar to these? My budget is not more than 15k. Open to touch screen as well.

Require:

1. Internet

2. Messaging

3. Good camera (at least 2 MP)

4. 3G (Moving to U.S. soon so would be better if it's 3G)

5. 3rd party apps, more the better!

Not worried about music as I have ipod. Was also looking at blackberry storm but found out that it doesn't have WLAN! :O

E71 should be your best bet. It's the best smartphone inside 20k that has qwerty hard keys

E72 on the other hand costs around 22k and for that price Samsung B7610 is a better option.

desiibond said:
E71 should be your best bet. It's the best smartphone inside 20k that has qwerty hard keys

E72 on the other hand costs around 22k and for that price Samsung B7610 is a better option.

E71 (used) for 11k or Samsung B7320 OmniaPRO (new) for 11k. What do you recommend?

desiibond said:
Except for display, Nokia 5320 is better than both Star and Corby. And it comes with S60 interface which means that it has got loads of 3rd party apps.

If your friend strictly wants a touch phone, Samsung Star excels over Corby. Only feature that Corby is better than Star is capacitive touch.

Thanks. Btw i was talking about the new Nokia 5230 and not the older 5320. Guess it was a typo from you. Btw eventhough the 5230 has been announced officially in india for 9400rs 4 days back i couldnt find any listing form univercell, mobilestore and wavetel websites. Any idea about availability ?

Nokia 5230 - Full phone specifications

Btw what is the advantage of a capacitive touch:ashamed:

ah okay. Nokia 5230 is a decent phone. 9.4k is a good price for this phone but noone knows when it's going to available.

I heard that Nokia is not bundling data cable and memory card with this phone, in which case, it may cost 9.4k+ tax + 800rs + 500 rs approx (given that you go with original).

and for just another 2k more, you get the much better 5800XM.

amol_cool said:
E71 (used) for 11k or Samsung B7320 OmniaPRO (new) for 11k. What do you recommend?

hmm. B7320 OmniPRO is windows mobile without touch screen and that makes using winmo even more difficult :)

Go for N71 or E63 is also avialalbe for 11k.

Capaticitive touch : main advantage lies with the feasible of gestures or multi-touch, which is not possible with Resistive touch. Moreover, usability is more for capacitive touch as you need not apply any kind of pressure on the touch screen for this like you do for resistive touch.

If you can get imported from USA, you better get Motorola Droid. The best smartphone currently avialable in USA but you need to get it unlocked as it comes locked to Verizon.this is a CDMA phone. GSM version of this phone goes by the name Motorola Milestone and is avialble in Europe as unlocked version.

Next greatest phone is, of course Nokia N900 and then comes the iphone 3GS.

A good music phone inside 16k. hmm, Nokia 5800XM is your best bet at 13.5k. You can also check SE Yari at 15k (for non touch slider).

on Android side, we have HTC Tattoo at 15k-16k based on location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back