~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

JATT2009 said:
hi

can some1 tell me if nokia X6 is out in india.

thankz

No, it isn't.

You'll come to know when it does. :)

JATT2009 said:
also can u tell me the price of Sony Ericsson Satio in india

plz

SE Satio ~ 29.9K*

Please consolidate your immediate queries into one post, next time round.

naveen58 said:
Guyz i want to buy a New iPhone 3G..

i'm an amateur when it comes to iPhones so haven't got much idea about it...

I do know a few things that i can buy a New one from Either Airtel or Vodafone but it would be locked..

Any idea about where to buy it Unlocked but the Phone should carry warranty even if it is unlocked..

Regards

Naveen

As mentioned earlier, I suggest you wait for the iPhone 3GS to get here.

~ T.T.M ~

JATT2009 said:
also can u tell me the price of Sony Ericsson Satio in india

plz

All I see is you asking is this phone here, is that phone here, how is this, how is that.

Are you thinking of buying a phone or just trying to increase post count?

desiibond

All I see is you asking is this phone here, is that phone here, how is this, how is that.

Are you thinking of buying a phone or just trying to increase post count?

hi mate

Im in NZ coming to indian on Jan 11

im confused about wht phone 2 buy

between

Nokia X6

Nokia N97

Samsung Omina 2

Sony ercssion

i thought this site was made to help people find a good phone

ok i wont post again

thankz

JATT2009 said:
hi mate

between
Nokia X6
Nokia N97
Samsung Omina 2
Sony ercssion
ok i wont post again

thankz

Dude .. can you be little clear about what you want and what you're trying to convey .. first you post then you say that you wont do it again .. we were just trying to convey you that try to ask all your doubts in 1 post .. and also here .. you gave your options but you did not say which of the sony phones you want .. you better be clear before a mod issues you a warning ..

allyrocky said:
Samsung I8000 Omnia II vs Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO..which is better?
any other better choice

omnia II has slightly bigger display (3.7") than B7610 (3.5") but the full qwerty on B7610 rocks.

If you want the phone to be slim and are okay with using touch, go for Omnia II. If you want physical qwerty, go for B7610. Other phones in same price point:

1) Nokia N97 mini running symbian
2) HTC magic running Android 1.5

Hi guys!!!looking for a Nokia phone in 5k or sub 5k range for my dad, he doesnt use his phone for music, likes to click few snaps occasionally. he has asked around and says that 5130 is best for him!!i thought he would do better with a less flashier phone, given he would not be using it for music, any other nokia options???what price does the 6300 retail for nowadays???thanx in advance!!!

mh09ad5578 said:
Hi guys!!!looking for a Nokia phone in 5k or sub 5k range for my dad, he doesnt use his phone for music, likes to click few snaps occasionally. he has asked around and says that 5130 is best for him!!i thought he would do better with a less flashier phone, given he would not be using it for music, any other nokia options???what price does the 6300 retail for nowadays???thanx in advance!!!

6300 would cost you around 4~5.5k ..
A less flashier phone for him, have a look at NOKIA 3500C and also 2700C. Also in Samsung ranges you'll get E250i in the same range.. But 2700C looks the best if you need an elegant phone for your dad.. suits the best ..

mh09ad5578 said:

The retail price of the Nokia 6300 still hovers at around 6K.

At that price range, you also have the Nokia 6303 Classic (6.4K*).

However, with the current budget in mind, the Nokia 5130 XM (5K*) makes sense, more so in the grey and black colour scheme.

JATT2009 said:
hi mate

between

Nokia X6

Nokia N97

Samsung Omina 2

Sony ercssion

ok i wont post again

thankz

Not the site, but this section and of course, this thread. :)

Fact of the matter is, posting one line queries in every alternate post, about the same thing can be annoying.

You could simply, gather your thoughts and make a single post to gather responses.

~ T.T.M ~

thanx xhaibalik for the quick reply!!!

ya the 2700C seems to be a nice phone how much does it cost???

thanx toxic for the quick reply too!!!!

i havnt seen the grey and black 5130!!!will check it out and decide!!!!

mh09ad5578 said:
thanx xhaibalik for the quick reply!!!

ya the 2700C seems to be a nice phone how much does it cost???

thanx toxic for the quick reply too!!!!

i havnt seen the grey and black 5130!!!will check it out and decide!!!!

Ah, the Nokia 2700 Classic is not a bad buy either.

It packs the essentials for a neat price tag of 3.8K*

allyrocky said:

any other better choice

desiibond said:
omnia II has slightly bigger display (3.7") than B7610 (3.5") but the full qwerty on B7610 rocks.

If you want the phone to be slim and are okay with using touch, go for Omnia II. If you want physical qwerty, go for B7610.

Both share near-similar specs, it's essentially the QWERTY keyboard that sets them apart.

Hey TTM, great job you're doing here. :)

I could use a little help from you. I need to buy a very basic phone for <1.5k.

I just want something that is easy for texting and ofcourse a little calling.

Also, I was hoping if I could transfer the messages from the new phone to my old N73. I don't know if its possible, especially for the low end phones. But maybe it is for Nokia phones using Nokia manager, but I'm not sure. This is not a necessity, but would definitely be great if possible.

Oh and would GPRS be too much to ask for? :ashamed:

EDIT: How is Samsung E1085? It also seems to have EDGE! Hope it's good for texting, the keypad is a little curved.

allyrocky said:
any other better choice

desiibond said:

If you want the phone to be slim and are okay with using touch, go for Omnia II. If you want physical qwerty, go for B7610. Other phones in same price point:

1) Nokia N97 mini running symbian
2) HTC magic running Android 1.5

Hi.. Even i was confused between the two for a while, but went for Omnia II as the Omnia B7610 is:
1) Comparitively bulky..
2) The QWERTY keypad isnt that great.. Don't take me wrong, its good but it doesnt suit my obese fingers well.. kept bumping both my thumbs while using it.. :p .. you can easily do with the touch based QWERTY solution on the device..
3) Dunno why, but while checking out both of them in the marketplace, even with the same innards, B7610 felt slow while swiping and performing gesture based tasks.. no idea whether it was a faulty set ( nothing out of factory was loaded/running on it..).. could be my luck..
Advantages are:
1) Much much better grip than Omnia II..
2) If you use the hardware QWERTY KB, almost anything can be forcefully made to run in the landscape mode, whereas in Omnia II, only native apps which have support for landscape can run in that mode..
Anyways, i went ahead with the Omnia II.. it's a fantastic device with a superb screen.. though the fonts are a bit tooooo big formy liking.. lol.. but i guess it was needed to make the screen A-resistive..
POA: Plz try to find the latest manufactured device ( which will have WinMo 6.5), as i got one built in Sept 09.. and it's WinMo 6.1 .. there's no official launch of WinMo 6.5 upgrade in India by Samsung ( though the box says i am entitled to a free upgrade.. & consumers in Singapore, Poland etc. (check www.modaco.com) have already got their update fix).. Though there are ways to flash cooked roms onto your device..
Hope this helps..
Edit: Was browsing http://in.samsungmobile.com/mobile-phones/phone-search.do for registering my device.. It is NOT officially supported.. :O ( not there on the list.. :| ).. B7610 is present though..!!

Emperor said:
The one I seen in adv. Nokia for Rs.2900/- & looks slim in poster, don't have any antenna as Nokia 6060? :S

Is it the Nokia 2760 (2.8K*) by any chance?
Decent budget phone with a basic feature set.
viralbug said:
Hey TTM, great job you're doing here. :)

I could use a little help from you. I need to buy a very basic phone for <1.5k.
I just want something that is easy for texting and ofcourse a little calling.

Also, I was hoping if I could transfer the messages from the new phone to my old N73. I don't know if its possible, especially for the low end phones. But maybe it is for Nokia phones using Nokia manager, but I'm not sure. This is not a necessity, but would definitely be great if possible.

Oh and would GPRS be too much to ask for? :ashamed:

EDIT: How is Samsung E1085? It also seems to have EDGE! Hope it's good for texting, the keypad is a little curved.

Well, the PC-Phone Manager support would be too much to ask for as opposed to asking for GPRS, which is found in most entry-level mobiles with a colour display.

Anyway, the Samsung E1085 looks good on paper but I suggest you check it out in person along other options in the price range. Looks can be deceiving, more so in the case of low-end phones.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back