~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

one of my friend is comfused btw Nokia 5230 & Corby Pro .

Nokia is around 8.5 K & corby pro is around 13 K .

he is asking why should he need to spend more on Corby :huh:

multi said:

UMm..... it toatally depends of your friends needs ... does he need a physical keyboard ?? a better cam i.e. 3.2MP ?? Wi-Fi ?? These are the only main differences b/w both the phones .. hope this helps .:hap2:

This will add to your info ...

Compare phones - GSMArena.com

teche said:
Hi TTM, any idea of Nokia N900 launch in India?

The official launch date for India is quite uncertain, so you won't find it in retail stores anytime soon.

However, it has started surfacing in the grey market and on eBay. :(

Expected Pricing: 34-36K

eXcesscaLIBER said:
no news yet :( Is Nokia even gonna release any Navigation edition in India? no news about 6800 Navigation edition for India as well...

6800 Navigation Edition ???

The only Navigation Editions come in the form of 5800 and 2710.

multi said:

Here's why:

QWERTY side-slider

3.15 MP, Geo-tagging, smile detection

3G: HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP

If he doesn't need a QWERTY keyboard, the Nokia 5230 (7.9K*) will do.

If he needs WiFi too, there's the Nokia 5800 XM (12.9K*) (which just got a new FW update).

Tech33 said:
Hi

I need a phone within 3.5K (Max) with basically Mp3 player, Good Speakers, Good backup, Must be Durable, NO CAMERA. Plz suggest some models

Regards

Tech33

Your best bet would be the Samsung E1410 (2.6K*) !

~ T.T.M ~

Hii everyone...
I just baught MOTO ZN5 for 9500/- in pune for my brother.I was really fascinated by the speed and quality of the camera thats why i bought it...I liked the camera and sound quality.I hve just opened the box and a charging the phone..havent used it yet.I hope I made a right choice.

Need a multimedia phone in the range of 12k.....sony or nokia will be my preference

Have the 5800xm in mind...but i don't have any kind'a experience with touch screen mobile though i've used the samsung star w/0 3g version for a day..and it sucked...the problem is i don't grow nails and i was using ma fingers...and the samsung brought only frustration b'cas of its slow menus and mis-typing and mis-touching....

And i've been using the sony ericsson k750i for past two years...i'm searching or a worthy upgrade...

and is the navigation edition of 5800 available in india???

Datta_prasad said:
Hii everyone...

I just baught MOTO ZN5 for 9500/- in pune for my brother.I was really fascinated by the speed and quality of the camera thats why i bought it...I liked the camera and sound quality.I hve just opened the box and a charging the phone..havent used it yet.I hope I made a right choice.

It is still one of the best budget 5MP camera phones that can handle most other functions pretty well. SQ is good too.

Enjoy the ZN5! :cool2:

raju.03kumar said:
Need a multimedia phone in the range of 12k.....sony or nokia will be my preference

Have the 5800xm in mind...but i don't have any kind'a experience with touch screen mobile though i've used the samsung star w/0 3g version for a day..and it sucked...the problem is i don't grow nails and i was using ma fingers...and the samsung brought only frustration b'cas of its slow menus and mis-typing and mis-touching....

And i've been using the sony ericsson k750i for past two years...i'm searching or a worthy upgrade...

and is the navigation edition of 5800 available in india???

Let me start of by saying that the Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition isn't available in India nor do I think it will release here.

The touch experience with resistive touchscreens can be frustrating every now and then but doesn't really affect the overall usage, in the long term.

Moreover, most touchscreen phones that fall in your budget have resistive touchscreen displays, which is something you need to consider.

Now, the SE K750 is a great little device, with its camera stealing most of the glory.

So are you looking for a good camera phone, music device, something with a QWERTY keypad or a good all-rounder?

~ T.T.M ~

viralbug said:
Hey TTM, great job you're doing here. :)

I could use a little help from you. I need to buy a very basic phone for <1.5k.
I just want something that is easy for texting and ofcourse a little calling.

Also, I was hoping if I could transfer the messages from the new phone to my old N73. I don't know if its possible, especially for the low end phones. But maybe it is for Nokia phones using Nokia manager, but I'm not sure. This is not a necessity, but would definitely be great if possible.

Oh and would GPRS be too much to ask for? :ashamed:

EDIT: How is Samsung E1085? It also seems to have EDGE! Hope it's good for texting, the keypad is a little curved.

I guess I can afford to put in another 1k for the phone. Any suggestions for phones for 2.5k?

I won't require a qwerty...and this phone's gonna be thr wit me for the next two years...i'm looking for a good all rounder....not a touch phone strictly...

My question: Will i have a better touch experience with 5800 than wat samsung star non-3g version had to offer me...if its gonna be a YES..then i don't have to look beyond 5800 as nothing offers me a better all round package other than this phone afaik....

and ma usage will be frequent messaging...some 3 hrs of music...and few snaps of photo here and there...tho wud put music quality on over camera in the priority list...and never used wifi or 3g before..so this phone i'm gonna choose now will be ma first...
thetoxicmind said:
Let me start of by saying that the Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition isn't available in India nor do I think it will release here.

The touch experience with resistive touchscreens can be frustrating every now and then but doesn't really affect the overall usage, in the long term.

Moreover, most touchscreen phones that fall in your budget have resistive touchscreen displays, which is something you need to consider.

Now, the SE K750 is a great little device, with its camera stealing most of the glory.

So are you looking for a good camera phone, music device, something with a QWERTY keypad or a good all-rounder?

~ T.T.M ~

multi said:

i would say either get 5800xm or nokia e63. inside 10k nothing beats 5230

raju.03kumar said:
I won't require a qwerty...and this phone's gonna be thr wit me for the next two years...i'm looking for a good all rounder....not a touch phone strictly...

My question: Will i have a better touch experience with 5800 than wat samsung star non-3g version had to offer me...if its gonna be a YES..then i don't have to look beyond 5800 as nothing offers me a better all round package other than this phone afaik....

and ma usage will be frequent messaging...some 3 hrs of music...and few snaps of photo here and there...tho wud put music quality on over camera in the priority list...and never used wifi or 3g before..so this phone i'm gonna choose now will be ma first...

Your Options:

SE Yari ~ 12.9K* (Camera 5MP and Music)

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 12.9K* (Decent all-rounder, Music)

SE T700 ~ 11.4K* (Decent all-rounder)

Touch experience with 5800 XM:

As already mentioned, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic uses a resistive touchscreen as opposed to the capacitive displays in devices like LG Prada and Apple iPhone 3G. This means there's a need for a bit of extra pressure to the screen for a click to be registered. The resistive display technology has the dubious advantage of allowing the use of stylus (and fingers with gloves).

When using the stylus, the 5800 display is absolutely on par with any competing touchscreen. On the other hand, sensitivity to fingers is quite adequate but slightly short of the, say, HTC Touch Diamond, which uses the same touchscreen technology.

You might have some trouble getting used to the screen sensitivity at first, but problems will be sorted in a short while of using the phone. Besides if you prefer the stylus (which we certainly don't), it gets even easier.

The plectrum is somewhat of a bogus alternative to the stylus - we mean an alternative would be anything that makes the whole thing more thumbable. The plectrum is just another thing to poke your screen with

Long story short, you will have a better experience compared to the Samsung Star.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
It is still one of the best budget 5MP camera phones that can handle most other functions pretty well. SQ is good too.

Enjoy the ZN5! :cool2:
~ T.T.M ~

Hey thanks...I am using SEK750i...so i wanted a phone with good music and excellent camera.I was really shocked when I came to know that zn5 was available at croma for just 8K!!!!But unfortunately the phone was out of stock.So I went to many mobile shops and tried to find it.To my surprise nobody had zn5...some said zn5 is discontinued...some even said that motorola is shutting down...so I was totally confused.bt at one shop I found it it was available for 9.5k.Finally after going through reviews I choose ZN5 over SE C510.I am little worried about the aftersale service.Hope that they will not shut down sevice centers in india...:(:(:(:(:(:(:huh::huh:

Hey ....

I just had my wish come true as i bought an APPLE IPHONE 3G ..!!!! And i took me sometime to get my hands on it totally ..!!!! I had an experience of it after 2 days of my purchase of my own mistake ..!!!!! nevertheles it increased my curiouosity for the phone even more everytime i watched it lying like a dead body .. finally when the time came ... i just cudnt get my hands off it ..!!!! unbelievabe touch experience .. i know many people have already got their hands way before me but i am really happy to atleast get an iphone which was in my wishlist for a long time ..!!! Well .. now im having some trouble getting the apps into the phone but i guess it'll get resolved sooner than later ..!!! :D :hap2:

Datta_prasad said:
Hey thanks...I am using SEK750i...so i wanted a phone with good music and excellent camera.I was really shocked when I came to know that zn5 was available at croma for just 8K!!!!But unfortunately the phone was out of stock.So I went to many mobile shops and tried to find it.To my surprise nobody had zn5...some said zn5 is discontinued...some even said that motorola is shutting down...so I was totally confused.bt at one shop I found it it was available for 9.5k.Finally after going through reviews I choose ZN5 over SE C510.I am little worried about the aftersale service.Hope that they will not shut down sevice centers in india...:(:(:(:(:(:(:huh::huh:

Go through this : http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/IN-EN/Static_Files/India_Service_Centers_24-11-2009.pdf

Find your nearest service centre and check with them.

shaibalik said:
Hey ....

I just had my wish come true as i bought an APPLE IPHONE 3G ..!!!! And i took me sometime to get my hands on it totally ..!!!! I had an experience of it after 2 days of my purchase of my own mistake ..!!!!! nevertheles it increased my curiouosity for the phone even more everytime i watched it lying like a dead body .. finally when the time came ... i just cudnt get my hands off it ..!!!! unbelievabe touch experience .. i know many people have already got their hands way before me but i am really happy to atleast get an iphone which was in my wishlist for a long time ..!!! Well .. now im having some trouble getting the apps into the phone but i guess it'll get resolved sooner than later ..!!! :D :hap2:

Nice to hear.

Enjoy your phone! :)

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back