~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

I want to buy a google nexus one phone and my budget is exact 39K not more than that , i have tried the motorala droid but i dnt like it's keypad itz like very small and tight and also tried Nokia N900 quite nice phone but it's battery not even lasts for more than a 4hr...and already used iphone 2years so no more iphone ..have made my mind 2 go with google nexus one now the thing is like where to buy a google nexus one phone in mumbai i dnt own a credit card or never have ordered anything from online sites so please dn't suggest me ebay and 20north.com . Can any1 tell me local shops or any person who has a google nexus one phone for around 39K max ..and i have also tried herra panna market they say me 46K !! So some please suggest me i am already searchin in this from almost 15days till now no result ...Please help me out ..thnkx in advance any1 having any contacts or anything about this please give me and help me !!

i want a good touch mobile around (15k-20k)

it should have a decent camera

and a good touch sense.....

pls give some suggestion......my options till now samsung jet only

any htc comes in this region ...cany any one help me pls...

dineshnadar said:
I want to buy a google nexus one phone and my budget is exact 39K not more than that , i have tried the motorala droid but i dnt like it's keypad itz like very small and tight and also tried Nokia N900 quite nice phone but it's battery not even lasts for more than a 4hr...and already used iphone 2years so no more iphone ..have made my mind 2 go with google nexus one now the thing is like where to buy a google nexus one phone in mumbai i dnt own a credit card or never have ordered anything from online sites so please dn't suggest me ebay and 20north.com . Can any1 tell me local shops or any person who has a google nexus one phone for around 39K max ..and i have also tried herra panna market they say me 46K !! So some please suggest me i am already searchin in this from almost 15days till now no result ...Please help me out ..thnkx in advance any1 having any contacts or anything about this please give me and help me !!

If your are looking to buy a Nexus One now, your only option would be to order it online. Sorry. :(

smart2net said:

Let me just list out the options by price:

Samsung OmniaPRO B7610 ~ 21.7K*
HTC Touch2 ~ 21K*

Samsung Jet ~ 17.3K*
HTC Tattoo ~ 15.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

smart2net said:

HTC Touch2 ~ 21K*

Samsung Jet ~ 17.3K*

HTC Tattoo ~ 15.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

well I don't know whether this is the right place to put my query but then....

My first phone was a mitsubishi trium (2000 - friend got it from Bangalore - used for 2 years) followed by Sony CMD J6 (2002-2004 great phone at that time) whcih got stolen in a DTDC bus in Delhi (while I was romancing my GF).

Next phone was a Samsung R220 (good phone) but dropped calls frequently till it was replaced by a SE T10 which in 2 months time was replaced by Nokia 6600 (which used for 3 years) - till I exchanged it with a 6681 (used for almost 5 years now) - but it is dying a painful death. The microphone goes for a toss every 1-2 months and the service center guys even after changing the microphone cant seem to rectify the fault. (repaired twice free of charge since it stopped working after 3 -4 weeks each time).

Now that a new phone is in order (i hate changing cell phones) thought might as well ask the experts on this forum.

Budget 20k (+-4k)
In radar: e72 (like the fact its a business phone, good battery life and the works and from nokia camp).

Now is that a good buy or should I be looking elsewhere. Primary usage is for calling only (not too much of a texter).

Any suggestions people? And what is the right price for this? In pune the prices in Chroma (22k + nokia bluetooth headset bundled) and Vijay sales (21k). Are prices in Delhi lower? I will be in Delhi in Feb so can pick this up from there?

PS: Staying away from the game is bad - I was a tech geek 5 years back - getting in a job robbed me of that passion. So never let go of your passion.:hap2:

Originally Posted by smart2net

HTC Touch2 ~ 21K*

Samsung Jet ~ 17.3K*

HTC Tattoo ~ 15.7K*

thx for this can you say which one is good in both touch and camera wise....

smart2net said:

Well .. HTC phones mentioned over here outclass the samsung if seen through the processor point of view .. but samsung phones have far more better cameras loaded in both the phones(i.e. 5MP) and they both also have AMOLED display which is suggested to be very attractive ..!!!! but i guess all the 4 phones here are well balanced .. well you have a look at these and i hope this will help you decide ..:hap2:

HTC Touch2 - Full phone specifications

Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO - Full phone specifications

Samsung S8000 Jet - Full phone specifications

HTC Tattoo - Full phone specifications

starky said:

My first phone was a mitsubishi trium (2000 - friend got it from Bangalore - used for 2 years) followed by Sony CMD J6 (2002-2004 great phone at that time) whcih got stolen in a DTDC bus in Delhi (while I was romancing my GF).

Next phone was a Samsung R220 (good phone) but dropped calls frequently till it was replaced by a SE T10 which in 2 months time was replaced by Nokia 6600 (which used for 3 years) - till I exchanged it with a 6681 (used for almost 5 years now) - but it is dying a painful death. The microphone goes for a toss every 1-2 months and the service center guys even after changing the microphone cant seem to rectify the fault. (repaired twice free of charge since it stopped working after 3 -4 weeks each time).

Now that a new phone is in order (i hate changing cell phones) thought might as well ask the experts on this forum.

Budget 20k (+-4k)
In radar: e72 (like the fact its a business phone, good battery life and the works and from nokia camp).

Now is that a good buy or should I be looking elsewhere. Primary usage is for calling only (not too much of a texter).

Any suggestions people? And what is the right price for this? In pune the prices in Chroma (22k + nokia bluetooth headset bundled) and Vijay sales (21k). Are prices in Delhi lower? I will be in Delhi in Feb so can pick this up from there?

PS: Staying away from the game is bad - I was a tech geek 5 years back - getting in a job robbed me of that passion. So never let go of your passion.:hap2:

You can have a look at HTCs Touch2 or NOKIAs N97 mini ..!!!!

or you can alaso try an IPHONE ..!! if you're lucky to get one in this region ..!!

My Dad needs a phone budget is about 13k.

I am looking at

1> Samsung Omnia Pro B7320

2> Nokia E63

3> Blackberry Curve 8520

He has Airtel and does not mind sticking to it. Please suggest which one should he get also are there anyother options he prefers QWERTY.

starky said:

Budget 20k (+-4k)

Although i feel you won't be using the QWERTY keypad much, given that most other options have touchscreen displays, I'm pretty sure you will feel at home with the Nokia E72. It is a solid performer after all!

And I also sense your need for an elegant business device, which the E72 manages to meet with ease.

With prices staring at 19.7K +4%VAT, it doesn't get any better!

smart2net said:

As pointed out earlier, the HTC devices are ideally meant for power (read business) users who need productivity and substance on their list, as opposed to the Samsung devices that try to offer an all-rounded package, which pays special attention to the multimedia department.

As far as touch displays and their subsequent OS optimizations go, HTC takes the lead...

For everything else, the imaging department(camera) in particular, there's Samsung to choose from.

It really is, your call. :)

~ T.T.M ~

H2O said:

I am looking at
2> Nokia E63
3> Blackberry Curve 8520

He has Airtel and does not mind sticking to it. Please suggest which one should he get also are there anyother options he prefers QWERTY.

I think E63 should be good.

H2O said:

I am looking at

2> Nokia E63

3> Blackberry Curve 8520

The key difference among the three options: The OS !

WinMo Vs. Symbian Vs. Proprietary BB OS

BB 8520

+ Proccessor , Keypad, optical trackpad, Decent SQ

- BIS Subscription, 2MP Cam, No FM, No 3G, No GPS, Dated OS, Battery

Nokia E63

+ Keypad, 3G, Symbian OS, Display, FM, Battery

- 2MP Cam, No GPS, Average SQ

Samsung B7320

+ Keypad, 3G (HSDPA), 3MP Cam, GPS, Processor, Decent SQ

- Display, Win Mobile 6.1 Std. , Battery

^ I'm sure I've got you confused?

That's because they are more or less similar, save for a one or two key features.

Ultimately, you'll have to narrow down your options in following order:

1. OS preferred?

2. Styling?

3. The Pros & Cons I've mentioned.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

Hey TTM I have read that you can upgrade the Samsung B7320 to Windows Mobile 6.5. Is that true.

Most probably it will be the Samsung as Dad would need GPS as he travels in the suburbs a bit he will use google maps.

EDIT : He's got an E71 he loved the way it was styled and seemed to have all the features he wanted. Can someone tell me what are the must needed apps for E71 will be getting Google Maps and Opera Mini. What else should I get him.

Also is there a decent data plan available for Airtel Postpaid which does not cost a bomb something like the RC 89 for prepaid.

Budget - maximum 10k.

The main priority here is that the sound quality should be top notch. Someone mentioned a Samsung model having a diff ( better ) chip other than the usual good ones but can't find that post. Other features - well, I guess a 10k phone should have the usual features like 2MP camera etc etc. But can compromise anything for sound quality.

sabby said:
Budget - maximum 10k.
The main priority here is that the sound quality should be top notch. Someone mentioned a Samsung model having a diff ( better ) chip other than the usual good ones but can't find that post. Other features - well, I guess a 10k phone should have the usual features like 2MP camera etc etc. But can compromise anything for sound quality.

Nokia 5230 + PL11 + 4GB Memory Card.

I think this is the best you get the best of all features. The other option would be Samsung Corby Series...Which ever fits but then again it will be Samsung OS no customization,etc.

That is the best IMHO...

IMO too 5230 is the best VFM out there at that price point :)

You can also consider the SE C510 which has a good 3.2MP cam(cyber shot). So you want good cam quality you can go for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back