~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

^^none for 10k. 5800XM has good audio quality and good at browsing. comes with facebook app and you can buy gravity app for twitter and it rocks. costs around 13.5k.

other models that are good are:

N79: 13k-13.5k

SE Yari : 12k-13k

Samsung Corby Pro: 12k

Metalspree said:
Ohh k .I have posted a reply in the 5800 XM thread please head there and clear my doubts regarding GPS .I am eying on the 5800XM coz of the screen size.

What you need to know is this:

It has A-GPS, which stands for assisted GPS. In normal cases, you simply depend on the GPS chipset for a quick satellite lock but in conditions where there is a week signal, the GPS tries to retrieve information (based on the GPS data) from the servers through GPRS/EDGE, to enhance the effective of the GPS's results.

So in perfect conditions, with A-GPS turned on, it would result in faster results because of the two-way contribution.

Like desibond pointed out, you now get free nav. software for the 5800...

One of the biggest upgrades to Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is that since January 2010 all Nokia GPS-enabled Symbian handsets have free lifetime voice-guided navigation. To make use of that, the users of devices running S60 3.2 or later (and that includes all touch devices) need to download the latest 3.3 version of Ovi Maps (that’s how the Nokia Maps is known now).

shivamrockz07 said:
Which is the most economical/VFM phone which has wifi/social networking with good music quality (at par/better than an iPod)? [Around 10k ; Optional: qwerty keypad ]
Your Options:

Samsung M5650 ~ 9.3K*

Samsung S5560 ~ 10.4K*

Nokia 5530 XM ~ 11.3K*

The SQ of the first two devices are at par with the iPod, the last one is a notch better.

ohiostate said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a basic phone with good battery backup & call reception..Please suggest. Budget < 2000.

Samsung E1160 ~ 1.8K* :hap2:

cyanide911 said:
I'm looking for a phone for my sister. Should be touch screen. Budget-10k, can stretch to 12 if the phone is really worth it.

Right now, she insists on the Corby Pro. 12k. But I don't think she needs the 3G/Wifi/GPS. She doesn't want the Corby regular, because it's capacitative and typing on a capacitative is tough if it's screen isn't as big as the iPhone.

What all options are there? Should be good aesthetically too ;)

Well, having WiFi on board would be worthwhile.

I was to suggest the Samsung M5650 Lindy but then, given her comfort level of typing on 2.8" capacitive display, the Corby Pro does make sense. It's slide-out "QWERTY keypad + exisitng set of features" combo would be the decisive factor, if you were to consider the music oriented Nokia 5530 XM and other lower priced touchscreen options.

jesal said:
planning to buy omnia hd. i love symbian totally. whats the price of the same right now and also will symbian die in the near future like 2 years or so ?

Samsung Omnia HD ~ 27.5K*

And no, Symbian won't die in the next few years.

rshri said:
Please suggest me a cheap (within 4k) & decent mobile with no camera. I do not listen to music. Tried getting Karbonn K330 but its not available here.

Samsung E1410 ~ 2.7K*

Good battery life, Dual stereo speakers, Mem. card slot, Decent looks

Unfortunately, most other options sport a camera.

~ T.T.M ~

Re: ~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~ DUAL SIM PHONE HELP..

I am looking for a dual sim mobile phone (GSM + GSM) in the budget of Rs.4000 with video recording, v.good battery life, mp3 player & FM.

Pls tell me which phone is good for me. I am living in Delhi.

Regards

Re: ~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~ DUAL SIM PHONE HELP..

rohitshakti2 said:
I am looking for a dual sim mobile phone (GSM + GSM) in the budget of Rs.4000 with video recording, v.good battery life, mp3 player & FM.

Pls tell me which phone is good for me. I am living in Delhi.

Regards

Your best option seems to be the Videocon V1405 (3.2K*).

It's a videocon mobile, it meets your requirements but don't expect a lot...

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options:

Samsung M5650 ~ 9.3K*

Samsung S5560 ~ 10.4K*

Nokia 5530 XM ~ 11.3K*

The SQ of the first two devices are at par with the iPod, the last one is a notch better.

Does the Nokia 5530 XM has WLAN? How is it compared to 5800XM, the differences? Thanks for the help.

shivamrockz07 said:
Does the Nokia 5530 XM has WLAN? How is it compared to 5800XM, the differences? Thanks for the help.

yes. it has WLAN, no 3G and has smaller display (RESISTIVE touchscreen). Since the price difference between 5800XM and 5530XM is just 1k, go for 5800XM or look for Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica. This android phone is available for 12.5k in ebay. check with frankmehta (this forum) for more detail on how to purchase and whom to contact in ebay.

i think i still love the HD so i might get it but i dont wnat to pay 27k. any other place in bombay where i can get it cheaper. want bill and warranty though. also anyone using the same can comment if its easier to update firmware just like nokia or not. also can we use free nokia maps on this as well /.?

i have posted my query but need more help bcoz its for my brothers birthday that is coming in this month
budget - Rs.5K
camera - 2MP
Music player with loads of clarity, good battery back up, bluetooth
PM me for suggestion I do have some options like Sony Ericsson S302 and S312 or Motorola EM30 Cherry if you have something else better plz suggest
thanks

fshaharyar said:
i have posted my query but need more help bcoz its for my brothers birthday that is coming in this month
budget - Rs.5K
camera - 2MP
Music player with loads of clarity, good battery back up, bluetooth
PM me for suggestion I do have some options like Sony Ericsson S302 and S312 or Motorola EM30 Cherry if you have something else better plz suggest
thanks

Nokia 5130XM FTW :)

Need to buy a phone for my grandmother , no specific budget really , would prefer something VFM , usage would only be calls , something with decent sized keys/screen and good looks will be preferred .

desiibond said:
yes. it has WLAN, no 3G and has smaller display (capacitive touch). Since the price difference between 5800XM and 5530XM is just 1k, go for 5800XM or look for Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica. This android phone is available for 12.5k in ebay. check with frankmehta (this forum) for more detail on how to purchase and whom to contact in ebay.
5530 has a resistive touch screen...Please edit.

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic - Full phone specifications

ropetrick said:
What is best camera phone that one can buy on a budget of 15k?

If you can get it inside 15k, C901 is a superb phone with superb camera features that include:

5mp camera
autofocus
Xenon flash
LED flash
smile and face detection
geo-tagging

If you are okay with S40 interface, Nokia 6700 Classic is another great camera phone that comes with 5mp camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back