~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

manu1991 said:
Need to buy a phone for my grandmother , no specific budget really , would prefer something VFM , usage would only be calls , something with decent sized keys/screen and good looks will be preferred .

The Nokia 6303 Classic (6.2K*) would be a good buy!

fshaharyar said:
i have posted my query but need more help bcoz its for my brothers birthday that is coming in this month

budget - Rs.5K

camera - 2MP

Music player with loads of clarity, good battery back up, bluetooth

PM me for suggestion I do have some options like Sony Ericsson S302 and S312 or Motorola EM30 Cherry if you have something else better plz suggest

thanks

The Nokia 5130 XM (5K*), as suggested earlier.

An alternative would be the Samsung M2710 Beat (4.9K*).

ropetrick said:
What is best camera phone that one can buy on a budget of 15k?

In terms of overall performance:

1. SE C901 ~ 15-16K*

2. SE C903 ~ 15.4K*

3. Nokia 6700 Classic ~ 12.2K*

4. Moto ZN5

5. SE Yari ~ 11.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:

1. SE C901 ~ 15-16K*

2. SE C903 ~ 15.4K*

4. Moto ZN5

5. SE Yari ~ 11.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

If the attention is on camera I think "SE 901" would be a better choice then SE Yari ..The SE Yari though a 5 mp shooter has not impressed much atleast thats what a few reviews i went through say .I checked it out in one of the Croma shops in mumbai ( the dummy handset ) the keypad is like soft similar to nokia 1203.. .but on the other hand there's something cute and stylish about the yari..i loved the slide.. i think it will soon be a ladies fav..

Sony Ericsson Yari preview: First look - GSMArena.com

thetoxicmind said:

1. SE C901 ~ 15-16K*
2. SE C903 ~ 15.4K*
4. Moto ZN5
5. SE Yari ~ 11.7K*

~ T.T.M ~

The SE C901 looks like the one I am looking for but the SE India website does not list it while Univercell requires us to book for it which made me wonder about its availability in India (New Delhi specifically).

ropetrick said:
The SE C901 looks like the one I am looking for but the SE India website does not list it while Univercell requires us to book for it which made me wonder about its availability in India (New Delhi specifically).

Hm I guess you will have to catch hold of your relative in gulf or something !
I always prefer buying my phones from the gulf. check out this site for the latest gulf rates of phones.

Dubai-Mobiles.net : The best online store for Mobiles and Electronics in Dubai UAE

I want want touch phone with decent camera and music quality i greatly confused with Nokia 5800xm or Samsung Corby Pro :huh: Pls suggest me some good phone my budget is around 13k..

ganesh said:
I want want touch phone with decent camera and music quality i greatly confused with Nokia 5800xm or Samsung Corby Pro :huh: Pls suggest me some good phone my budget is around 13k..

5800XM FTW!! no second thought. It's lot better than Corby Pro. for non-touch, check Nokia N79 and SE Yari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitshakti2 View Post
I am looking for a dual sim mobile phone (GSM + GSM) in the budget of Rs.4000 with video recording, v.good battery life, mp3 player & FM.

Pls tell me which phone is good for me. I am living in Delhi.

Regards
Your best option seems to be the Videocon V1405 (3.2K*).
It's a videocon mobile, it meets your requirements but don't expect a lot...

But how about going for LG GX200 for Rs.4200/-

desiibond said:
5800XM FTW!! no second thought. It's lot better than Corby Pro.

@desibond , can u be little specific for both models comparisions & elobrate about how 5800 is better than corby pro .

& lot of people says , slidder phones gets kaput after sometime no matter how costly they are (in case of Corby here )

just need your view :ashamed:

multi said:
@desibond , can u be little specific for both models comparisions & elobrate about how 5800 is better than corby pro .

& lot of people says , slidder phones gets kaput after sometime no matter how costly they are (in case of Corby here )

just need your view :ashamed:

1) bigger display with better resolution
2) better camera
3) better audio quality
4) Smartphone OS
5) more 3rd party apps
6) Nokia's support reportedly better than Samsung's
7) probably much faster processor (not sure though)

mathew_p_a said:
if nyone can gimme inputs on camera-LESS mobile, please help. Ny model n company will do. I need this since my new office do not allow camera phones inside

Budget? any other requirements?

EDIT:

If you are looking for low end mobile, there are plenty to choose from.

For something decent, I suggest you search through the thread for 'previous' suggestions.

THanks for the reply..
need GPRS, good phone book and display..
Any budget is good.. High end or low end..
if there are no options at high end, low means less than 4k
thetoxicmind said:
Budget? any other requirements?
EDIT:
If you are looking for low end mobile, there are plenty to choose from.
For something decent, I suggest you search through the thread for 'previous' suggestions.

magesh said:
Can you suggest me a CDMA mobile for reliance other than corby speed with 2MP camera ~10k which should be a good VFM.

At that price range, I only see the Samsung Mpower 569 and Coolpad 2938 listed on the website, as alternatives to the Samsung Corby.

The Coolpad is a Chinese brand and may seem to offer a lot but, it may leave you with mixed reactions at the end of the day.

Ultimately, you will have to choose between the two Samsung models.

So if you are looking for a no-frills, non-touchscreen device, the Samsung Mpower 569 would your only option.

If you have other handsets in mind, please feel free to list them for opinions.
jesal said:
will there be a replacement for omna hd this year or is it still a good buy at 27k. i wonder why the prices are not going down at all. annoying.

No.
The OmniaHD aims to be an exclusive device in that price range and is hardly going to see any significant price drop, anytime soon.

~ T.T.M ~

mathew_p_a said:
THanks for the reply..
need GPRS, good phone book and display..
Any budget is good.. High end or low end..
if there are no options at high end, low means less than 4k

If you are even remotely interested in a BB, there's the BB 8800 for around 9K.

If you can source a particular device, the Nokia E51 (Camera less) or the SE G700 Business Edition.

Older options include the SE M600, SE W950, Nokia E61/62...

Low-end will leave you with options from Samsung, 2-3 models approx.

So that's the scene for now...

~ T.T.M ~

Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

Friend wants to gift mobile to wife, his budget is max. 8k & wanted to go with NOKIA only. Kindly suggest your best.

Touch: Nokia 5230 (terrific music quality)
non-touch: Nokia 6303 (6.5k approx) or 5130XM (5.5k-5.7k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back