~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Aces170 said:
LOL I meant below 10K, nope no other pre-requisites

2MP CAM/Flash/AF:

SE W810i ~ 8.9k (sturdy all-rounder)

SE K550i ~ 7.5k (a decent cybershot phone)

Std. 2MP CAM:

SE W580i ~ 9.9k (a cool walkman slider!)

SE K660 ~ 9.5k (a well balanced phone!)

Nokia 5310 ~ 9.1k (sleek music phone)

Nokia 6233 ~ 7k (good all-rounder)

^^

Well then..check out my previous post..

They are currently the best phones for the 7~10k price range !

Hi all,

i am looking for a new phone,

i have listed these 3 : a) nokia N95 b) SE g900 c) samsung f480

i need:
1) fast net browsing
2) good camera
3) good clarity of voice
4) long lasting :p

which would be the best?

NoXF said:
Hi all,

i am looking for a new phone,

i have listed these 3 : a) nokia N95 b) SE g900 c) samsung f480

i need:
1) fast net browsing
2) good camera
3) good clarity of voice
4) long lasting :p

which would be the best?

Well,among the 3 models you listed..I'd definitely suggest the SE G900 for its compact size and feature set ! It's got the best battery life too..

The Nokia N95 & Samsung F480 are equally good but their bulkness might be a turn off for those who mind carrying big fancy phones!
Samsung phones tend to have a poor battery life and ones from Nokia either end up being complex and/or bulky devices...

Another phone worth mentioning is the Nokia N82 Black model..

To sum it up,it all depends on your top most priorities..battery life? style? features?

Hope this helped a bit..
feel free to post your queries here..

hi all

i'm back, i've tested the G900 and its internet speed isnt as fast as i hoped (my 5700 is much faster) :(

so i'm gonna buy the samsung F480, can anyone tell me if its launched in india yet and where can i find it in mumbai? any store?(does alpha have it?)

NoXF said:
hi all

i'm back, i've tested the G900 and its internet speed isnt as fast as i hoped (my 5700 is much faster) :(

so i'm gonna buy the samsung F480, can anyone tell me if its launched in india yet and where can i find it in mumbai? any store?(does alpha have it?)

It's not yet launched in India..
No release date either..

hi all planing to buy a gud cam/music phone budget bout 12k might increase if really worthy thing comes up!!!:) have shortlisted thses too-
SE K790i-
Pros-
+gr8 cam, candybar design-
plz clarify-does this have gud battery life if used as a music player???max wht size card does it support (i have an ipod nano 4gb-find tht a little bit less on space); also can i use my ep630's with this??

Nokia 5610 express music-
+3.2MP cam, music player, i like the slider, 4gb card support
how does this compare with the SE in Cam department???and does this sound as gud(...or bad:bleh: ) as the ipod???

had considered the N82, but cancelled coz of the design, and price 19k :rofl: :bleh: , might consider it if it supports 8gb data cards though.....gps, wifi and 5MP doesnt matter much to me....i am an architect need cam for reference shots only (have digi cam for propoer shots), need gud talktime, (am alsmost 2hrs + on the phone per day) and neeed a gud music player coz i travel a lot..(and most of the time hate to carry a separate music player) also i found 4gb space on my ipod less to carry the music i listen so was looking for an 8gb option but guess on 20k price range tht might not be possible!!!!:S :ashamed: :rofl: :rofl:

mh09ad5578 said:
hi all planing to buy a gud cam/music phone budget bout 12k might increase if really worthy thing comes up!!!:) have shortlisted thses too-

SE K790i-

Pros-

plz clarify-does this have gud battery life if used as a music player???max wht size card does it support (i have an ipod nano 4gb-find tht a little bit less on space); also can i use my ep630's with this??

how does this compare with the SE in Cam department???and does this sound as gud(...or bad:bleh: ) as the ipod???

had considered the N82, but cancelled coz of the design, and price 19k :rofl: :bleh: , might consider it if it supports 8gb data cards though.....gps, wifi and 5MP doesnt matter much to me....i am an architect need cam for reference shots only (have digi cam for propoer shots), need gud talktime, (am alsmost 2hrs + on the phone per day) and neeed a gud music player coz i travel a lot..(and most of the time hate to carry a separate music player) also i found 4gb space on my ipod less to carry the music i listen so was looking for an 8gb option but guess on 20k price range tht might not be possible!!!!:S :ashamed: :rofl: :rofl:

Get the Sony Ericsson C702 (14.8k) for 2-3k more !

A fantastic new addition to the Cybershot series,definitely worth it..

If 12k is the absolute max !

There is no better option than the Nokia 5610 (12.1k) or SE k790i (10.4k)..

mh09ad5578 said:
SE K790i-
Pros-

dude .. i get ur pov .. but mind u .. n82 is great phone ..:hap2: if u can affort it go for it .. n82 in theory has support upto 32 gb cards .. i am using my n82 with 8gb sandisk micro sd card since last four months without any issues .. design or say keypad is the only drawback of this great phone.. n82 comes with 2gb card .. but u can go for 8gb one like me .. it costed me 2.4k with a usb card reader .. now it should be much less.. get n82 if u can ..:)

thetoxicmind said:
Get the Sony Ericsson C702 (14.8k) for 2-3k more !
A fantastic new addition to the Cybershot series,definitely worth it..

If 12k is the absolute max !
There is no better option than the Nokia 5610 (12.1k) or SE k790i (10.4k)..

@toxic- common dude, k790i is way better than c702 .. c702 has samsung camera module by the way which is also used in k770i ..:bleh: k790i with its xenon flash is no brainer to me atleast ..:eek:hyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back