~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Once more I come back with the same question I had several months ago because my daughter left her Supernova 7210 in the hotel room in Manchester and checked out :(

What is a good VFM phone that has both 3G and Wifi as well as can support the Skype application?

A front camera for video would be desirable though not essential.

The E63 looked like the most VFM at that time but it supports a rather slow 3G. No fixed budget but I am looking for the cheaper end to provide the listed features.

A Nokia would be preferred for a smaller learning curve.

This is basically to let her make cheap/free calls to us wherever in the world she gets a wifi hotspot as well as calling us using wifi or 3G when she is in Doha, Qatar.

Emil said:
Once more I come back with the same question I had several months ago because my daughter left her Supernova 7210 in the hotel room in Manchester and checked out :(

What is a good VFM phone that has both 3G and Wifi as well as can support the Skype application?

A front camera for video would be desirable though not essential.

The E63 looked like the most VFM at that time but it supports a rather slow 3G. No fixed budget but I am looking for the cheaper end to provide the listed features.

A Nokia would be preferred for a smaller learning curve.

This is basically to let her make cheap/free calls to us wherever in the world she gets a wifi hotspot as well as calling us using wifi or 3G when she is in Doha, Qatar.
SE Elm ~ 8.4k --> No front cam

SE Hazel ~ 10.4 --> Has front cam

Can I use Skype on the Sony Ericsson Elm j10i2? - Skype Community

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If Nokia then the E52 is very good. Costs 12k though

Nokia E52 - Full phone specifications

Nokia E52 Navi Price in India: Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

DarkAngel said:
SE Elm ~ 8.4k --> No front cam

SE Hazel ~ 10.4 --> Has front cam

Can I use Skype on the Sony Ericsson Elm j10i2? - Skype Community

If Nokia then the E52 is very good. Costs 12k though

Nokia E52 - Full phone specifications

Nokia E52 Navi Price in India: Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ah I forgot to mention this. She had a metal allergy a while back. Better to avoid a metal body phone.

Among the Nokias there are a few others I have checked out. E75 is one that seems to have all things I need. There is also the 5530 Xpress Music which has a large display but I have to sacrifice 3G and front cam. That may be an acceptable compromise but for the metal body.

There is also the E5 without front cam. So also the X5-01.

Finally the C3 which also drops the Symbian feature but I can then use Nimbuzz or Fring Java versions. Any comments on the above?

And how about some low end Androids? Anything with 2.2?

Emil said:
Among the Nokias there are a few others I have checked out. E75 is one that seems to have all things I need. There is also the 5530 Xpress Music which has a large display but I have to sacrifice 3G and front cam. That may be an acceptable compromise.
Finally the C3 which also drops the Symbian feature but I can then use Nimbuzz or Fring Java versions. Any comments on the above?
only c5 is with front cam but no wifi so again bad and none of low end androids have front like no front cam in e5 and c3 too

Emil said:
Thanks for the suggestions.
Ah I forgot to mention this. She had a metal allergy a while back. Better to avoid a metal body phone.
Among the Nokias there are a few others I have checked out. E75 is one that seems to have all things I need. There is also the 5530 Xpress Music which has a large display but I have to sacrifice 3G and front cam. That may be an acceptable compromise but for the metal body.
The 5800XM price has dipped a lot and is now available for 12k. Its a good alternative too and satisfies all ur needs IINM. Comes with a 8GB card too :) Plus flipkart is offereing free 'Sennheiser PMX60 Neckband Headphone' :D

Nokia XpressMusic 5800 Price in India: Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

DarkAngel said:
The 5800XM price has dipped a lot and is now available for 12k. Its a good alternative too and satisfies all ur needs IINM. Comes with a 8GB card too :) Plus flipkart is offereing free 'Sennheiser PMX60 Neckband Headphone' :D

Nokia XpressMusic 5800 Price in India: Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

Nice but she will buy in Doha. In fact she has just gone to the store to buy at the moment

First choice is probably E75. Gave her all the options and now she will see what is available. She will call me after she buys. Unfortunately she has no phone now for us to talk while she is in the store since as I mentioned, she left her 7210 in her hotel room in Manchester. She will pick up that old phone when she next goes back there on Dec 19.

Recently freeze Sony cedar to buy against my lost monte. Thanks for team members inputs.
Now, thinking to opt one more cheap cell around 2k budget for family members.
Min. target- Non touch, dual active SIMs, blue tooth stereo, internet & large screen.
Any popular brand will do the job.

She went to the store and loved the C6. Unfortunately that store doesn't give an opportunity for customers to turn it on and see. meanwhile another customer told her he had bought the C6 a week back and was unhappy with the camera and touch screen. Didn't say what his actual issue was. he told her go for the E72. So she returned home confused. Today she will go to a Nokia priority and check out all the models they have with her base requirements.

Edited 1st Dec: She bought the Nokia C6 for QR 989/- (1 QR = Rs 12.6)

Got only 2 GB card plus a Nokia C1 (don't know what is their logic in giving that)

She's lovin' it

My friend is interested in a touch screen phone which has a decent music player, can surf the web comfortably with fb access etc and the usual good looks. His budget can be streched to 12K. Right now he's interested in the Xperia X10 mini. Is that good enough or are ther better options within that price range.

Emil said:
She went to the store and loved the C6. Unfortunately that store doesn't give an opportunity for customers to turn it on and see. meanwhile another customer told her he had bought the C6 a week back and was unhappy with the camera and touch screen. Didn't say what his actual issue was. he told her go for the E72. So she returned home confused. Today she will go to a Nokia priority and check out all the models they have with her base requirements.

Edited 1st Dec: She bought the Nokia C6 for QR 989/- (1 QR = Rs 12.6)
Got only 2 GB card plus a Nokia C1 (don't know what is their logic in giving that)
She's lovin' it
Good buy with a free C1 :)

nj_gamer said:
My friend is interested in a touch screen phone which has a decent music player, can surf the web comfortably with fb access etc and the usual good looks. His budget can be streched to 12K. Right now he's interested in the Xperia X10 mini. Is that good enough or are ther better options within that price range.

Isnt the SE X10 mini's screen little too cramped for comfortable usage? I would suggest the Samsung Monte S5620 if u dont need loads of apps. Gets the job done for 8.5k and has fully range of connectivity options :D

DarkAngel said:
Isnt the SE X10 mini's screen little too cramped for comfortable usage? I would suggest the Samsung Monte S5620 if u dont need loads of apps. Gets the job done for 8.5k and has fully range of connectivity options :D
He's somehow bent upon a nokia/SE phone... So i guess the X10 mini is good enough?

Hello,

please suggest a good phone which can record every call. Budget upto 13k

-call recording

-big touch screen

-good battery life

-should look sexy

-physical keyboard if possible

Gaurish said:
Hello,

please suggest a good phone which can record every call. Budget upto 13k

-call recording

-big touch screen

-good battery life

-should look sexy

-physical keyboard if possible
Samsung Wave 533 S5330 | Flipkart Mobiles

Satisfies all ur needs. Not sure about the battery life due to lack of reviews. May be u can go through the gsm arena user opinions and get something out of it.

Good 3.2" capacitive screen and also supports pinch zoom feature.

Samsung S5330 Wave533 - Full phone specifications

One reply at thread so posting here expecting answer :)

Hi everyone

Looking for a cell phone worth Rs 7.5k. Did my search and shortlisted two models, please suggest which one should I go for or if you have any other better suggestion I would love to go after it.
1. Samsung S5250 Wave525- no 3g
2. Nokia 5230- Less responsive touch screen, no wifi
3.How is Micromax A60?

I watched video reviews of both at youtube and found both looks performing fine.
Now I would like to know how much third party software available for Bada OS, this is the only reason I am thinking twice for it.
I have never used Nokia 5230 or 5800 how is their touch screen, is it really bad in comparison?

My phone requirements are-
1.Good touch screen.
2.Good music.
3.Camera does not matter much but if get 3MP will be happy.
4.Wifi and 3g, either is available thats fine.

I know all things cant be possible at this price but request you all let me know which one will be the best VFM.
So please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back