~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hi,

I am looking a phone for my sister.
Budget max 6k

Would need good call clarity, really good battery, Multimedia/Cam Abilities ( Ok kinds ), FM needed very much, Bluetooth Too
With some social networking abilities FB, Orkut, Gmail

3G not needed but wont mind if I get it :)
She only wants Nokia

Any suggestion

sgx100 said:
Hi,

Budget max 6k

Would need good call clarity, really good battery, Multimedia/Cam Abilities ( Ok kinds ), FM needed very much, Bluetooth Too

She only wants Nokia

Any suggestion
Nokia X2 ~ 4.8k/ Nokia C3 ~ 5.6k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

eBay India: NOKIA X2 +BILL+FREESHIPPING+1YR MANUFACTURE WARRANTY (item 250740102675 end time 08-Jan-2011 18:10:54 IST)
Nokia C3 - adexmart

Nokia X2 review: Fun times two - GSMArena.com

Nokia C3 review: SNS love - GSMArena.com

eBay India: NOKIA 5233 TOUCH SCREEN MOBILE PHONE +BILL+FREESHIPPING (item 270677544068 end time 08-Jan-2011 18:05:22 IST)

Nokia 5233 ~ 5.9k if she is ok with a touch screen. Its a Symbian smart phone too :)

setuniket said:
Whats the current price of BB Curve 3G and BB Torch?

Curve 3G costs ~Rs 18000

and torch ~ Rs 33000

BlackBerry Torch 9800 | Flipkart Mobiles

sgx100 said:
Hi,

Budget max 6k

She only wants Nokia

Any suggestion

C3 or X3 would be good choice

If you can increase your budget then get C5 its total VFM

looking to buy a phone from these choices

1. iphone 3gs (gsm)

2. samsung captivate (gsm) or vibrant

3. samsung epic 4G (cdma)

4. htc evo 4G (cdma)

getting all of them in 17-19k range.

which would be the best choice? my usage would be media play, gps and apps on the phone

and of course good to look at.

dantool said:
looking to buy a phone from these choices

getting all of them in 17-19k range.

which would be the best choice? my usage would be media play, gps and apps on the phone

and of course good to look at.
Captivate or Epic 4g

id prefer the epic 4g though

amazing price

where r u getting the phone from?

Hi, I'm planning on gifting a phone by the end of this month.
Main requirements are - touchscreen, ability to read pdfs flawlessly [or as close to a PC experience as possible], ability to at least read excel, word etc. if not edit them as well. Also, a dual sim would be preferable [but I'm not sure other requirements would then be met]. Would also want cool interface features such as pinch-zoom, automatic change of orientation & similar. [Don't know how common thsi is now]

About the platform, whether android or bada or winmo, I don't know enough to decide. Whichever is smoothest & can get the job done, I guess. & which has most free apps - paid apps are a no-no.
The multimedia capabilities [music, video] are important, but the camera & resale value is not. My budget is ~13k.
The recipient of the phone has only used SE & Nokia non-touch, non-smart phones in the past. So hoping for something which does not lag &/or make the transition irritating or frustrating.

Phones which seem to fit the budget - htc touch 2, samsung galaxy 5, samsung galaxy 3, lg p500, dell xcd28, samsung wave s7233, xperia x10 mini, nokia 5250 .... Have not looked at Micromax yet, because have heard that they are not durable - 'You drop 'em once & its curtains' (?).

Have not physically checked out any of them, but just checked them for prices online. Will try & actually check 'em in stores sooner rather than later, but just wanted to know which ones to watch out for before I do that. BTW, none of these are dual sim, I believe.

I'm not limiting myself to only these & am open to other suggestions, ofc. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I'm looking for a mobile phone which has the following features listed in priority

* Voice Clarity
* Voice Clarity of speakerphone (don't want to put phone at my ears all time)
* Very Good battery Life
* Good scheduling features
* Skype feature
* Instant Messenger (Gtalk/Yahoo)
* Not Bulky/Should look sleek
* Branded(Nokia/Blackberry/Samsung)
* Budget up to 20k.
* Looking at E72/Blackberry/Galaxy S.
* Not very fond of Touchscreen but if its its good will do.
Can anyone help me.

Voice Clarity

* Very Good battery Life

* Skype feature

* Budget up to 20k.

+1 to e72 (Only because you mentioned you're not very fond of touchscreen.)

Phones which seem to fit the budget - htc touch 2, samsung galaxy 5, samsung galaxy 3, lg p500, dell xcd28, samsung wave s7233, xperia x10 mini, nokia 5250 .... Have not looked at Micromax yet, because have heard that they are not durable - 'You drop 'em once & its curtains' (?).

+1 for LG Optimus P500

DarkAngel said:
techno_guy said:
Curve 3G costs ~Rs 18000
and torch ~ Rs 33000
BlackBerry Torch 9800 | Flipkart Mobiles

C3 or X3 would be good choice
If you can increase your budget then get C5 its total VFM

Thanks so much ppl :)
I think This forum needs a thank you button :)

var89 said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a mobile phone which has the following features listed in priority

* Voice Clarity
* Very Good battery Life
* Skype feature
* Budget up to 20k.
* Not very fond of Touchscreen but if its its good will do.
Can anyone help me.
in now touch screen phones you can get E72 or BB Curve 3g

kidrow said:
Hi, I'm planning on gifting a phone by the end of this month.
Main requirements are - touchscreen, ability to read pdfs flawlessly [or as close to a PC experience as possible], ability to at least read excel, word etc. if not edit them as well. Also, a dual sim would be preferable [but I'm not sure other requirements would then be met]. Would also want cool interface features such as pinch-zoom, automatic change of orientation & similar. [Don't know how common thsi is now]

About the platform, whether android or bada or winmo, I don't know enough to decide. Whichever is smoothest & can get the job done, I guess. & which has most free apps - paid apps are a no-no.
The multimedia capabilities [music, video] are important, but the camera & resale value is not. My budget is ~13k.
The recipient of the phone has only used SE & Nokia non-touch, non-smart phones in the past. So hoping for something which does not lag &/or make the transition irritating or frustrating.

Have not physically checked out any of them, but just checked them for prices online. Will try & actually check 'em in stores sooner rather than later, but just wanted to know which ones to watch out for before I do that. BTW, none of these are dual sim, I believe.

I'm not limiting myself to only these & am open to other suggestions, ofc. Thanks a lot.
LG optimus p500 would be a good option

kidrow said:
Main requirements are - touchscreen, ability to read pdfs flawlessly......want cool interface features such as pinch-zoom, automatic change of orientation & similar.....most free apps....multimedia capabilities.....~13k.......Phones which seem to fit the budget - htc touch 2, samsung galaxy 5, samsung galaxy 3, lg p500, dell xcd28, samsung wave s7233, xperia x10 mini, nokia 5250.....none of these are dual sim, I believe.
Two members have recomended the LG p500 over the others. Thanks for your replies guys.

So I guess it is the best one to fit my needs. Could you'll also suggest which ones would be your 2nd & 3rd choice? So I'll have an option in case the LG is not liked for some reason.

& how is LG in terms of durability? Reliable enough [when it comes to phones]? Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back