~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Based On:

1) Upgrading from Nokia 1100

Android will be a leap. Trying your hand at Symbian is still gonna Wow you.

2) Last phone was a very basic Nokia

Just trying a real good Nokia is still going to make you feel elated and on cloud 9

3) Usage: Multimedia/Internet

4) 25k budget (most important, read on..)

Verdict: Nokia N8

Asked its price yesterday, got quotes of 23.5k and 24k respectively.

N8:

-Killer Hardware.

-Within your budget

-Fits your upgrade phone role smoothly (Nokia + all what u require)

-Camera is gonna make you think abt thanking ur stars and TE all the time.

-Samsung Galaxy i9000 is still the phone to look up to but it still lacks harware features N8 will provide. Flash/hdmi port is missing so that is a dampener and i do feel you should pick up a symbian phone for now, get OS savy and then see if getting android based phone is really your turf.

@kestrel5915 -> Grab a HTC Desire. Excellent Android phone and the price has dropped to 23.5k to make way for the Desire HD as flagship.

Htc Desire Price In India: HTC Desire: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

HTC Desire - Full phone specifications

3.7" 800*480 screen, 1GHz Qualcomm, 5MP autofocus cam, 576MB RAM, 720p recording with Froyo OS upgrade, excellent HTC sense UI and comparatively faster upgrade to latest android version when compared to competition :D

If u are looking at Nokia then the N8 is a decent choice as Spacescreamer says. Price should be in the 22.5k-23k range.

Spacescreamer said:
Based On:

Verdict: Nokia N8

Asked its price yesterday, got quotes of 23.5k and 24k respectively.

N8:

-Killer Hardware.

-Within your budget

-Fits your upgrade phone role smoothly (Nokia + all what u require)

-Camera is gonna make you think abt thanking ur stars and TE all the time.

-Samsung Galaxy i9000 is still the phone to look up to but it still lacks harware features N8 will provide. Flash/hdmi port is missing so that is a dampener and i do feel you should pick up a symbian phone for now, get OS savy and then see if getting android based phone is really your turf.
Thanks for your reply Spacescreamer!

Actually I am not the kind of person who changes cellphones quite often, so whatever I buy I'll be using it for quite a long time.

I'm slightly apprehensive that Nokia might phase out Symbian, otherwise N8 is one great set for me.

Do you (or anyone else reading here) have any idea about this Nexus S? Its reviews are good and I feel slightly more inclined towards it although I don't have any idea regarding its technical specs.

I'll be going to check N8 out in the stores in the meantime!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

DarkAngel said:
@kestrel5915 -> Grab a HTC Desire. Excellent Android phone and the price has dropped to 23.5k to make way for the Desire HD as flagship.

Thanks for replying DarkAngel!

I'll check out this Desire as well!

Urgently need advice on new phone budget 20k plus

requirement is to get Blackberry internet services

can a High end Android like Galaxy s suffice ?

or he has to make do with a Blackberry Bold 2

can Nokia E72 be used for Blackberry internet services ?

I am planning to buy a mobile for my dad and my budget is about 4K.

He likes Music and Radio and would love to have a good Camera too. I see that Nokia X2 which has 5MP Cam and a good music player retailing for about 5K, going by that is there any mobile in market which i gives me a decent 2-3 MP cam, music+ radio ? I dont need a dual sim anyway.

Though i am not particular about any brands, i would like to stick to more reliable ones.

My requirements for a new cellphone are as follows -

1. Q: Budget?
A: 4000-4600

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any good and reputed brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: I want a new phone ONLY for a better camera - so, kindly suggest the best camera possible in my budget range

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: No special requirements. Normal internet with Opera mini would suffice.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera (main use), music and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Long battery life, dual sim (if possible)

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung 3310 Metro

I want to purchase it tomorrow if possible. Please suggest me a phone.

HTC- Desire, Legend(Desire preferred)

Sony ericsson- Xperia X10(if you do a good search, you will find it for lesser than 25k)

Moto- Milestone, XT720

Samsung- Galaxy S, slightly out of budget(Need to search well too, to find it for less than 26k)

Which would be some of the better touchscreen [non-android] phones within 12k? [for android, the LG P500 has already been suggested] Usage would basically be viewing mails, MS office docs & pdfs, surfing, videos & music. A good camera isn't essential. Thanks.

I am currently looking forward to purchase a new phone. My friends have been telling me to buy the HTC Android phone. To be honest although its good, its a bit expensive. I have checked HTC Android phone rates and blackberry phones in India at Buzzr.in and apparently Im slightly inclined towards buying the blackberry (I have pretty minimal technical knowledge) Can you suggest me a good buy under 12k range which has HTC android phone features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back