~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

netwitx said:
one of my friend is confused between the following two phones. Kindly suggest me which one to buy

Nokia 5230

Nokia India - Nokia 5230 - Products

Samsung wave 525

Samsung Wave 525 - Overview - Samsung Mobile India
It depends on your requirements:

If you need 3G - then Nokia.

If you need wifi, better touch screen,better camera - then Wave 525

IMO, capacitive screen on Wave 525 alone can justify it over Nokia 5230. I would say get samsung

See the comparison here:

Samsung S5250 Wave525 vs. Nokia 5230 - GSMArena.com

DarkAngel said:
Nokia C1-02 - Full phone specifications

Even gsmarena says its coming soon :p I guess she has to keep waiting for few more months :lol:

Hopefully Nokia releases it in India along with/ soon after global launch unlike the C6-01.
Actually, it should be available in India before the other markets as all Nokia basic and low end phones are manufactured at the Chennai plant and then distributed across Asia...

But again, that is if and when they decide to roll out the phone in the market... sick buggers... :mad:

BTW, how did u know my friend was a 'she'....??

nehaladsul said:
Actually, it should be available in India before the other markets as all Nokia basic and low end phones are manufactured at the Chennai plant and then distributed across Asia...

But again, that is if and when they decide to roll out the phone in the market... sick buggers... :mad:

BTW, how did u know my friend was a 'she'....??
You had a thread sometime back with strange reqs ri8? :p Yeah as u say Nokia is slipping in market share in India (One of their biggest volume markets) Guess they are out of their mind as they dont seem to keen on recapturing some of it.

The dual SIM active SIM was announced in Mid-2010 (already a good 18-20 months late) but still they have not hit the market.

Spacescreamer said:
1) Cheapest phone option for pdf files?

2) Best phone option for pdf files within 10k?

3) Best Nokia Multimedia phone under 14k (no nokia x6 pls.. not even at a discount.)
1. Nokia C5

2. Nokia E5

3. Wait for the Nokia C6-01 though i recon it would be priced above your budget. :(

Can someone let me know the cheapest mobile which comes with GPS and WiFi, and a capacitive touchscreen (if it is a touch screen)? Only reputed brands please. No Micromax or Lava or Spice..

Guys, looking for a new phone..Budget is max 18k...

Plse provide me ur valuable suggestions... No special requirements but it wont be Touch screen and should fully support 3g services ...

I am looking for Blackberry 9300 Curve, but still looking for some similar budget better value for money phone:)

logistopath said:
Can someone let me know the cheapest mobile which comes with GPS and WiFi, and a capacitive touchscreen (if it is a touch screen)? Only reputed brands please. No Micromax or Lava or Spice..
Samsung 525. Am using it and it's working like a charm.

^^ Thanks. And while looking about it, I stumbled upon the Wave 533 which has the QWERTY keyboard too. I'm impressed by this one. The screen resolution however looks very less. Is the display obviously pixelated?

I'm looking for a mobile phone with the following specs:
Candy bar form factor. No touch screen.
Very good voice clarity during calls.
Very good battery life.
Very good music features - great sound quality, 3.5mm jack, support >= 8 GB micro SD card, FM radio, great speakers.
Should not have a camera.
Looking for something within 5K but can extend upto 7K.

Let me know if there are any phones which meet all the criteria. If not, suggest options closest to the above specs. I have colleagues at work who own a Samsung phone which doesn't have a camera and has a 3.5mm jack. It is priced around Rs. 3400. However, it is a touch screen based phone which I'm trying to avoid.

b_naresh said:
I'm looking for a mobile phone with the following specs:

Candy bar form factor. No touch screen.

Very good voice clarity during calls.

Very good battery life.

Very good music features - great sound quality, 3.5mm jack, support >= 8 GB micro SD card, FM radio, great speakers.

Should not have a camera.

Looking for something within 5K but can extend upto 7K.

Let me know if there are any phones which meet all the criteria. If not, suggest options closest to the above specs. I have colleagues at work who own a Samsung phone which doesn't have a camera and has a 3.5mm jack. It is priced around Rs. 3400. However, it is a touch screen based phone which I'm trying to avoid.
This seems to fit your criteria How Is Home Samsung Phones Samsung C3010 Samsung C3010: Buy Samsung C3010: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Bronz)

But if you can go for a camera phone and not use it, there will be more options for sure.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

logistopath said:
^^ Thanks. And while looking about it, I stumbled upon the Wave 533 which has the QWERTY keyboard too. I'm impressed by this one. The screen resolution however looks very less. Is the display obviously pixelated?
Yeah! The display isn't really something to cheer up about, but it's pretty decent though. You can increase the brightness, but that'll have its effect on the battery front. But a good phone over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back