~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

kidrow said:
Two members have recomended the LG p500 over the others. Thanks for your replies guys.

So I guess it is the best one to fit my needs. Could you'll also suggest which ones would be your 2nd & 3rd choice? So I'll have an option in case the LG is not liked for some reason.

& how is LG in terms of durability? Reliable enough [when it comes to phones]? Thanks once again.
Ist LG Optimus P500. Second Samsung Galaxy 3. Third E72 (Once again, only because you mentioned you're not really fond of touchscreen)

Looking for a simple to use phone for my mom. Budget below 4k lower the better.

Things needed.

Big Screen.

Decent fontsize.

Call Quality should be good.

Battery should be decent.

Messaging should be a breeze.

Nothing very fancy. Would prefer Nokia, SE or Samsung. Also, please keep in mind that this phone will not be changed for atleast 2 years.

H2O said:
Looking for a simple to use phone for my mom. Budget below 4k lower the better.

Things needed.

Big Screen.

Decent fontsize.

Call Quality should be good.

Battery should be decent.

Messaging should be a breeze.

Nothing very fancy. Would prefer Nokia, SE or Samsung. Also, please keep in mind that this phone will not be changed for atleast 2 years.

Nokia 5130XM, 2700 or 2690

Budget 30k

my friend's at Singapore, he wants to buy a iPhone 4, i told him to go for WP7 or Android Samsungs :p

what do you guys suggest for 30k.

he wants multitasking. his colleagues told him iPhone is a great multitasker & it loads apps faster than other mobiles out there, are these true?

var89 said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a mobile phone which has the following features listed in priority

* Voice Clarity
* Voice Clarity of speakerphone (don't want to put phone at my ears all time)
* Very Good battery Life
* Good scheduling features
* Skype feature
* Instant Messenger (Gtalk/Yahoo)
* Not Bulky/Should look sleek
* Branded(Nokia/Blackberry/Samsung)
* Budget up to 20k.
* Looking at E72/Blackberry/Galaxy S.
* Not very fond of Touchscreen but if its its good will do.
Can anyone help me.
What do you guys suggest between Blackberry curve 3G, Blackberry Bold, Samsung Galaxy S. I'm looking for the above.

Blackberry and Android are two separate end of road. Decide based on your usage, if most of your usage is Mails, Editing documents and sending it to clients Blackberry would be the best bet because of Qwerty keyboard and Push Mail feature which is slight faster compared to the BB Push support on other devices.

kidrow said:
Two members have recomended the LG p500 over the others. Thanks for your replies guys.

So I guess it is the best one to fit my needs. Could you'll also suggest which ones would be your 2nd & 3rd choice? So I'll have an option in case the LG is not liked for some reason.

& how is LG in terms of durability? Reliable enough [when it comes to phones]? Thanks once again.
If you are ok with phone without warranty then i would recommend you the zte blade/orange san francisco for 8k from uk.
There is quite a buzz about it on TE in hot deals section.

ggt said:
If you are ok with phone without warranty then i would recommend you the zte blade/orange san francisco for 8k from uk.

There is quite a buzz about it on TE in hot deals section.
And looking at the thread, there seems to be more than just a few hassles getting it over to India. But a great option nevertheless all for 8-9K.

Spacescreamer said:
Thanks for the info Gaurish.

But somebody been mentioning that the 2.3 update is not meant for the Indian models of LG Optimus One P500 ??

Is that even possible ?

There is no 2.3 update for the Optimus as of now.. any Optimus..

Sent from my Nexus S.

Need urgent advice, I am getting Blackberry Curve 3G for 176GBP unlocked(Paypal coverts it to approx Rs 12,xxx/-), shipping and customs to India excluded(around 1k more). is it worth it? I mean what do I lose except warranty. My concern is should I buy this from UK or pay 17K here in India with B&W. Is the phone worth saving 5k or so.

if ur friends primary requirement is multitasking then WP7 is out of the question now..
web os seems to be the most intuitive for multitasking , appstore is next to nil but apps are awesome where it counts the most-native ones. pre 2 is available for 450$ in the U.S, iphone is decent at multitasking
As for android its a head scratcher-in a good way there are so many awesome options but right now nexus s rules the roost.

Hello friends,

Need to buy a mobile for my sister, hence need your valuable suggestions..
more info in template.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 5-6k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar, slider will do

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: huh.. no idea about this

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: any good brand will do.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen much preferred

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: A decent camera will do for general pics. 3.2MP will be ok

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: huh.. is Android available for 5k :p

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: GPRS is enough

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: apart from general call and message stuff, Camera and multimedia.

PS : music must be good with 3.5mm jack as she listen mostly to music..

Thanxx in advance :)

Hi all!
When it comes to mobile phones I am not a noob :cool: , rather I am THE noob :ashamed::eek:ppo:
I have been using Nokia 1100 since time immemorial (I think 1100 BC :p).
Its a good basic phone but now it has become barely usable (What more can I expect after so many years? ;))
So, here are my requirements for 21st century:cool2::eek:hyeah::

1. Big screen (like 3inch or higher) :cool2:
2. Good display (I don't know what value to write here but I read in some reviews that Blackberry 9800's display is NOT up to the mark). :cool2:
3. Wifi, 3G
3. A decent camera (like 5mp or higher)
4. I don't like touchscreens but can buy if the quality and responsiveness is good (I mean usable for a long period of time). I don't want flips.
5. Budget around 25k (can extend but only if if its really worth it)
6. Good audio and music capabilities.
7. I am not very sure which OS to go for. Should it be Android? :ashamed::ashamed:. Although I highly doubt it but are the Windows phones any good?
8. Intended use: Internet, Multimedia.
9. Some of the phones that I was looking at are: iphone4 :cool2:, Samsung I9000 Galaxy :cool2: ( BOTH out of budget :ashamed::p), Nokia N8 (I don't know whether the OS is ok), Blackberry Torch (I'll soon check this one for display and all), Google Nexus S, etc

So, I guess after reading this you guys can get to two conclusions:
1. I am the noob incarnate regarding phones.
2. I need a phone for normal usage as well as a "handcandy" (if such a term exists! :p).

Please help me out on this one!
Cheers n Thanks!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back