~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

b_naresh said:
^^I work in a secure ODC where camera phones are not allowed hence the no camera requirement. The phone which you recommended also has a camera so I can't go for it.
Then there are couple of mobiles, again from samsung with 2 GB card limit. I think it's from the Guru Series. I used to have one guru phone for my CDMA connection and the SOUND WAS KILLER!!! Or there's one in Karbonn and Micromaxx which has a 8GB slot, but well, not sure about the sound though.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

creative420 said:
This seems to fit your criteria How Is Home Samsung Phones Samsung C3010 Samsung C3010: Buy Samsung C3010: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Bronz)

But if you can go for a camera phone and not use it, there will be more options for sure.

Yeah! The display isn't really something to cheer up about, but it's pretty decent though. You can increase the brightness, but that'll have its effect on the battery front. But a good phone over all.
Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Don't know how many of these phones are available in India. Most might not have 8GB slot either. But this ia all that GSMarena has for you.

creative420 said:
Then there are couple of mobiles, again from samsung with 2 GB card limit. I think it's from the Guru Series. I used to have one guru phone for my CDMA connection and the SOUND WAS KILLER!!! Or there's one in Karbonn and Micromaxx which has a 8GB slot, but well, not sure about the sound though.

Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com

Don't know how many of these phones are available in India. Most might not have 8GB slot either. But this ia all that GSMarena has for you.

I currently own the Samsung Guru E1410 and the sound quality is decent even with the bundled earphones, the speakerphone is great too. But it doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, supports only upto 2GB microSD card, and supports only fixed 4 playlists. I was looking for an upgrade and recently saw many people in my ODC buying this new Samsung phone, think it's called Samsung Champ. Apparently, it comes in a camera as well as a non camera version. It has a 3.5mm jack and supports upto 8GB microSD card. The non-camera one is available for around 3400. Sounds like a total paisa vasool phone. Like I mentioned, the only problem for me is the touch screen. I feel normal keypad is more convenient, sturdy and durable than a touch screen.

So, I went to my neighbourhood mobile shop and enquired about non camera phones with a 3.5mm jack. He gave me 2 options:
1) Samsung Champ touch screen phone for Rs. 3400. Supports upto 8GB microSD card.
2) Nokia C1-02 conventional candy bar phone for Rs. 2200. Supports upto 32GB microSD card.

I ended up buying the Samsung Champ + 8GB microSD card for Rs. 4050. The Nokia supports higher capacity card and the keypad beats the touch screen for general usage but Samsung has a bigger, better display, better speakerphone and better mp3 sound quality.

b_naresh said:
So, I went to my neighbourhood mobile shop and enquired about non camera phones with a 3.5mm jack. He gave me 2 options:

1) Samsung Champ touch screen phone for Rs. 3400. Supports upto 8GB microSD card.

2) Nokia C1-02 conventional candy bar phone for Rs. 2200. Supports upto 32GB microSD card.

I ended up buying the Samsung Champ + 8GB microSD card for Rs. 4050. The Nokia supports higher capacity card and the keypad beats the touch screen for general usage but Samsung has a bigger, better display, better speakerphone and better mp3 sound quality.

Good buy. I'm sorry for suggesting Guru earlier as it does not have a 3.5 jack. Just curious, how was the sound quality in nokia c1-02?

I'm decided to buy a mobile for my dad.. He is in UAE.. So 3G matters

Please suggest me a good mobile.. My requirements are...

Budget: Around 10K

Brand: Any (Preferred Nokia, Since he is comfortable with it)

Features: It is mainly used for Internet, VOIP Softwares, Video Streaming, 3G

Awating wit Many thanks....

Which is the most vfm mobile phone with gps and 3g(and preferably having a keypad) and what would be a good price for it?

All other features are not of much importance for me.

Spy king said:
Hello!

Pls Suggest a phone

-Budget, 8k max
-No touch
-Good keypad (QWERTY or Candybar)
-Music (3.5mm)
-Decent Cam
-OS not to important
Thanks!
Nokia C3 ~ 5.7k or Nokia C5 ~ 7.2k or
SE Elm ~ 8.2k (Best cam phone in the 8k range. Sadly no 3.5mm jack)

nokia c3 ?

Supports Wi-Fi browsing.

Good music with a 3.5mm connector.

Full internet browsing using Nokia OSS browser.

or

Nokia E5

WLAN

Supports 3G networks.

Supports GPS for navigation.

Internet browsing on 3G networks. Full web browsing.

5 MP camera with LED flash & video recording.

or

Nokia E63

3G

EDGE

WiFi

2MP camera

No 3.5mm audio jack.

Guys my dad wants to buy a new phone.....His requirements are very basic but phone should be stylish......Will use phone for calls and messages only so long battery back up is needed......Budget 4-5k(ready to put more if worth)........

My friend wants to buy a mobile phone , budget is 16k ...
I'hv suggested him LG Optimus One , but unlaunched Samsung Galaxy Ace should be ideal choice afaik (if its priced ~15k)
what are the other choices ?

abhifusion said:
My friend wants to buy a mobile phone , budget is 16k ...

I'hv suggested him LG Optimus One , but unlaunched Samsung Galaxy Ace should be ideal choice afaik (if its priced ~15k)

what are the other choices ?
If the budget can be increased a bit then the Samsung WaveII S8530 ~17.5k and the Moto Defy ~ 18.5k are alternate choices.

If strictly below 16k mark the the Optimus P500 and the Ace(If priced 14kish) are good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back