~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Mephistopheles said:
In the entirety of this thread, I've posted nothing but retail prices. :)

So no point in comparing them with eBay prices.

var89 said:
@T.T.M I don't see Nokia E5 in that list. Its good i suppose.
It's pretty decent, apart from the cheap display used. In fact, it offers a little more, in terms of horsepower and UI, compared to the E71.

However, business users would generally pick(prefer)one from the lot I mentioned. The E5 is more of a funky, social-networking based QWERTY device. :)

Need suggestions for a phone for a very old person...Budget 3k...

Your requirements are unclear. Do you need any specific features??

^ I agree. There are a whole lot of options from quite a few manufacturers, in the 1-3K range. Some sort of criteria, requirements will help.

I was looking for a Dual Sim Android for quite some time. Recently Motorola release Milestone XT800 but out of budget. I want big touch Screen and wifi in it. Checked eBay and found this here.... though not a branded phone but looks ok to me. I talked to the seller, he said the capacitive screen response of this phone is almost like Galaxy I9000. Just wanted simple advices from experts about if to go for this or not.

@thetoxicmind: I just quoted you with my reply as I wanted to knwo it form you whether or not its legit, not to tell you that the price you quoted is wrong. :)

@DA: I didnt know that the warranty on this one is more than 1 yr, so didnt bother much with the title and thought of asking it here, anyways thanks for the info.

Mephistopheles said:
@thetoxicmind: I just quoted you with my reply as I wanted to knwo it form you whether or not its legit, not to tell you that the price you quoted is wrong. :)

@DA: I didnt know that the warranty on this one is more than 1 yr, so didnt bother much with the title and thought of asking it here, anyways thanks for the info.
Err.... Its a grey market piece with '0' manufacturer warranty. Its seller warranty which equates to as good as no warranty.

If you are getting a grey market piece then better try locally. You will get it for much cheaper price.

Is there an option within 10K-12K for a qwerty andriod phone?

I am not to comfortable with touch screen so would want to opt for something which has a qwerty keypad.

The only options i see are E5 and Motorola Charm, E5 being symbian.

The recently announced HTC chacha wont be priced around the 12K price bracket i guess. Can someone suggest if it would be a good idea to pick up Motorola charm now or wait for a month or two? Do i have other options to consider besides charm?

Thanks!

gauz88 said:

I am not to comfortable with touch screen so would want to opt for something which has a qwerty keypad.

The recently announced HTC chacha wont be priced around the 12K price bracket i guess. Can someone suggest if it would be a good idea to pick up Motorola charm now or wait for a month or two? Do i have other options to consider besides charm?

Thanks!
The Charm is a good buy for ~11.7k

Motorola CHARM - Full phone specifications

Its got a decent processor and GPU (OMAP 3610 600MHz + PowerVR SGX 530) + 512MB RAM.

Only -ve is that if has Eclair and might not receive an official Froyo upgrade. (You will miss out on installing apps in SD card that comes with Froyo and using phone as wifi hot spot - 2 major functionalities of Froyo compared to Eclair)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Mephistopheles said:
I dont want to go for a grey market piece, and yeah got it now :ashamed:
Always be careful when buying from ebay (Esp. if the price is much lower than other retail prices)

Check for the words manufacturer warranty in the description or in the 'Return policy' under 'shipping and payment' tab and if in doubt check with the seller before buying.

gauz88 said:

Thanks!
There's only Motorola Charm and Samsung Galaxy 551 in your platter.

Sammy has a slider QWERTY keyboard, but it also has Froyo. So I suggest Sammy.

PS: Charm won't be getting Froyo. But you could root it.

DarkAngel said:
The Charm is a good buy for ~11.7k
Motorola CHARM - Full phone specifications

Its got a decent processor and GPU (OMAP 3610 600MHz + PowerVR SGX 530) + 512MB RAM.
Only -ve is that if has Eclair and might not receive an official Froyo upgrade. (You will miss out on installing apps in SD card that comes with Froyo and using phone as wifi hot spot - 2 major functionalities of Froyo compared to Eclair)

armon300 said:
There's only Motorola Charm and Samsung Galaxy 551 in your platter.
Sammy has a slider QWERTY keyboard, but it also has Froyo. So I suggest Sammy.

PS: Charm won't be getting Froyo. But you could root it.
Thank you DarkAngel and armon300 for your prompt reply:)

I think I will try waiting for a bit because i have about a month or two maximum while i can still hang on to my old phone. Will check if there are any new releases till then else Charm it will be!

That just makes you wonder how much premium the companies made during the original pricing phase.

Even at 19k, they wont be going into losses.

Btw.. which one is most is to be preferred for cheapest Android phone.. Galaxy 551 or Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 ?

(i dont think any other cheaper android based phone is out there in the market..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back