~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

ISHROCZ_14 said:
instead of wasting 18k on c7 i changed his mind to optimus and then to Galaxy s :p
Well, yesterday's price for the C7 at Alfa was 16k and that for the C6-01 was 15.85k. And I was like... :S Why would anyone choose the C6-01 over the C7 just for 150 rupees??

Dark Prince said:
dude that 4gb is the memory card size or the internal memory size :S:S:S

there's one way of ending this confusion

can you post some pics of the phone and its box

that is going to be one major help
4gb internal .. will post pics shortly may take time (cells not mine)

nehaladsul said:
Well, yesterday's price for the C7 at Alfa was 16k and that for the C6-01 was 15.85k. And I was like... :S Why would anyone choose the C6-01 over the C7 just for 150 rupees??

here the price of c7 was around 18k (without bargaining)

yup .. and now tht the Galaxy's price is 19 k i think we now have an awesome and ultimate option in <20k segment tag :)

now saving cash to buy i9000 :)

An suggestion for a touch screen device.
Preference nokia, samsung or likes.
Budget upto 7k.
Will be used by daddy.
Want to be sure that device is vfm at the price.
P.S. Sister has a 5230 so do not want the same device at home.

Hey guys,

Budget is 13k (max. pushing to 15k).

Need an android device.

Have zeroed on Spice Mi-310/SG Ace/LG Opt P500.

Now Spice Mi-310 has pathetic battery life. Officially it's 2.5 hours which is utter rubbish.

SG Ace hasn't got any community support as of now. It's not even listed on XDA/Samdroid forums. So I doubt it's gonna get any mods etc. Even after rooting users are reporting that apps haven't got root kernel access. So looks bleak and I don't wanna get stuck with TouchWiz3. :|

LG P500 on the other hands looks to be ideal. Proper modding support. Proccy can be overclocked to 800Mhz. 512 MB RAM.

Any other suggestion guys ?

TIA.

alekhkhanna said:
Hey guys,
Need an android device.
Now Spice Mi-310 has pathetic battery life. Officially it's 2.5 hours which is utter rubbish.
SG Ace hasn't got any community support as of now. It's not even listed on XDA/Samdroid forums. So I doubt it's gonna get any mods etc. Even after rooting users are reporting that apps haven't got root kernel access. So looks bleak and I don't wanna get stuck with TouchWiz3. :|
LG P500 on the other hands looks to be ideal. Proper modding support. Proccy can be overclocked to 800Mhz. 512 MB RAM.

TIA.
Lg optimus one is the way to go dude

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

alekhkhanna said:
Hey guys,

Need an android device.

TIA.

samsung monte

ggt said:

Budget upto 7k.

Will be used by daddy.

Get one from the Corby Series from Samsung. Pretty much VFM at the price. Plus, they are well settled in the market and are popular in the segment.

! 0 t A said:
My dad needs a BB phone. Max budget 15k. What are my options ? :(
BB Curve 8520 (~ 12k) or the BB Pearl 3G 9105 (~ 13.5k) are your best options.

I am not sure about the price of the 8900 Javelin or it's availability but I think it might fit in your budget. Ask others for the price and availability of the 8900.

BTW, you have a really cute avatar... :)

Hi guys,

Looking for a phone upto 8k. no specific requirements but a good cam a touchscreen one preferred please suggest..need to gift this one to wife..she is a nokia fan but i guess we have a lot many companies now to choose from right ?
one required for dad..just a very basic phone without fm is also fine but speaker quality/keypad needs to be good due to rough use.
Thanks for your sugguestions..
:)

thedeadghost said:
Hi guys,

Looking for a phone upto 8k. no specific requirements but a good cam a touchscreen one preferred please suggest..need to gift this one to wife..she is a nokia fan but i guess we have a lot many companies now to choose from right ?

one required for dad..just a very basic phone without fm is also fine but speaker quality/keypad needs to be good due to rough use.

Get your wife the Samsung Galaxy Pop if she has no issues with Android and Samsung. Nokia phones in the sub 10k segment have dated software and are basically boring...

For your dad, get a Nokia 1280. Superb phone and total VFM for the price.

guys i checked the scenes at alfa through dad
the galaxy S for 20.5k is widthout bill and without the front cam
i am not aware of galaxy S without the front cam
so my assumption is that it is a copy of galaxy S so without bill(just my assumption)
a proper one with bill and frnt cam was for 23.5k
i bought it for me through dad :yeah::yeah::yeah: :D:D:D
i am in bangalore
so wil get the phone next weekend probably through a friend :(:(:(

thedeadghost said:
Hi guys,

Samsung Guru E1085T Price In India: Buy Samsung Guru E1085T: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Blue)

Sony Ericsson Elm Price In India: Buy Sony Ericsson Elm: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Pearly Rose)

Sony Ericsson Elm Price In India: Buy Sony Ericsson Elm: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

Nokia C5-03: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews (Graphite)

ggt said:

Budget upto 7k.

Will be used by daddy.

Samsung Wave S5253 7350/- here

Want to buy a gift for my dad... Budget is 15K Would like a qwerty keypad preferably one with big set of keys... any ideas?

Saw a cheap BB phone(9k)- the Blackberry 8320 Curve.. How is it? What about the battery life?

Striker10 said:
Want to buy a gift for my dad... Budget is 15K Would like a qwerty keypad preferably one with big set of keys... any ideas?

Saw a cheap BB phone(9k)- the Blackberry 8320 Curve.. How is it? What about the battery life?
BB Plans are expensive. If QWERTY is the only requirement (and you don't need BB Services), consider the Nokia E5 (~9k).

If you simply must have a BB, get the Curve 8520 (~ 12k) or the 9300 (~ 14k).

Striker10 said:

For a ~15k phone with Qwerty, i wd suggest:-

Nokia E72

Nokia E71

Nokia E63

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro (but thats pretty girly)

Guys,

Just wanted to ask about your views on the HTC Wildfire? How did you find the phone and is it worth a buy? I'm thinking of gifting it to my brother who is a big android fan. So please let me know how do you feel about the particular phone. TIA

regards,

egoB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back