~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hey guys,

Need an el-cheapo dual active sim phone asap. I'm able to find dual standby ones on FK (Nokia X1 etc), but I would prefer a dual active for obvious reasons.

Only requirement is good signal strength & call quality. Everything else is immaterial.

Would prefer known brands over unknown ones.

Pour in your suggestions please. Need it ASAP.

Thanks !

alekhkhanna said:
Hey guys,

Need an el-cheapo dual active sim phone asap. I'm able to find dual standby ones on FK (Nokia X1 etc), but I would prefer a dual active for obvious reasons.

Only requirement is good signal strength & call quality. Everything else is immaterial.

Thanks !

You can get nokia 101. Its a very basic dual sim phone. I got it for 1.6k, but on flipkart u can get it for 1.4k. It doesnt have browser or bluetooth. It plays music and has a 3.5 mm jack.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

alekhkhanna said:
Hey guys,

Thanks !

You can get nokia 101. Its a very basic dual sim phone. I got it for 1.6k, but on flipkart u can get it for 1.4k. It doesnt have browser or bluetooth. It plays music and has a 3.5 mm jack.

Guys, I need an android phone that supports wifi tethering.... that is my only requirement. I own a samsung monte (bought in Sep'10) that i can exchange for the new phone. Budget - 8k.

Any suggestions?

(Plan to use my Itouch with wifi on).

How good are these two ?

I'm looking at different possibilities for a sub 8k mobile , preferably android , but then I'm open to QWERTY , since I already use a e71 (which is out of order now :p )

Sony Ericsson Txt CK13i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Sony Ericsson Fengli txt pro CK15i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

WiFi (3G optional/ No 3G in my area except BSNL) is something I'd expect to have on the phone , what are the other possibilities at sub 8k QWERTY ? Not the Nokia C3 , room-mate has it, leads to confusion + its too plasticky..

TYIA

Geekhead83 said:
Guys, I need an android phone that supports wifi tethering.... that is my only requirement. I own a samsung monte (bought in Sep'10) that i can exchange for the new phone. Budget - 8k.

Any suggestions?

(Plan to use my Itouch with wifi on).

Almost all android phones have wifi tethering. You can buy optimus net or dell xcd35. But wifi tethering drains a lot of battery. It may not last more than 4-5 hours

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

l33t said:
How good are these two ?

I'm looking at different possibilities for a sub 8k mobile , preferably android , but then I'm open to QWERTY , since I already use a e71 (which is out of order now :p )

Sony Ericsson Txt CK13i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Sony Ericsson Fengli txt pro CK15i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

WiFi (3G optional/ No 3G in my area except BSNL) is something I'd expect to have on the phone , what are the other possibilities at sub 8k QWERTY ? Not the Nokia C3 , room-mate has it, leads to confusion + its too plasticky..

TYIA
Do check out optimus products. It's qwerty android

Nokia e5 is good too buy I guess it's now an old model

techno_guy said:
Almost all android phones have wifi tethering. You can buy optimus net or dell xcd35. But wifi tethering drains a lot of battery. It may not last more than 4-5 hours
Ah, so the Galaxy Y would be a good choice then?
Also, any idea how much would I get for my old phone in exchange?

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Nowadays most of the low end dual SIM phones are dual SIM standby and not active. Dual active are expensive as well as rare to find
<
[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]A friend of mine has a Airtel and Docomo SIM. He wants to get a Nokia 101. Can we use the redirect function in such a way that, s[/font]ay if someone calls Airtel while he is on call in Docomo the call is redirected to the Docomo no. and vice versa?

Planning to buy a Mobile, here are the requirements -

1. Its for a Girl
<

2. Android (If it gets ICS upgrade the better)

3. Big Screen (I have a defy, it should be atleast that or more)

4. 5MP Camera

5. Budget < 20K (cant increase, This is the max!).

6. Preferred Brands - Anything apart from Chinese brands and Motorola.

I am looking into Samsung Galaxy R. No motorola Products please. Any other suggestions?

Planning to buy a Mobile, here are the requirements -

1. Its for a Girl
<

2. Android (If it gets ICS upgrade the better)

3. Big Screen (I have a defy, it should be atleast that or more)

4. 5MP Camera

5. Budget < 20K (cant increase, This is the max!).

6. Preferred Brands - Anything apart from Chinese brands and Motorola.

I am looking into Samsung Galaxy R. No motorola Products please. Any other suggestions?

Dude! NeoV from Sony Ericcson. I just bought a white one for my sister. He friends with iPhone3GS are jealous of her phone. Amazing camera. Awesome sound quality and it's Fast!

Thanks Bro.

Just confused b/w Neo V, Xperia Ray and Galaxy R. All are almost in the same range.

http://www.flipkart....OBD2WHYV4XMB2NF

The Ray has a 8MP camera, Neo v has 5MP. Galaxy R is dual core!! confused!

See. Girls consider cool quotient more than dual core or anything else. I took my sister to the showroom and showed all the phones to her. She liked the looks of NeoV (white one) better than everything else. But well, with girls, there's is always room for endless confusion. Let us know whatever you go for finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back