~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Budget - 14,000 - 21,000 INR

Platform - Android or WP 7 (heard that WP 7 will become very popular this year.)

Narrowed my choices to 2 phones.

1.Samsung Focus i917

2.Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

1.Focus - Overall package for a good price. But having second thoughts as the phone has no warranty in india.

So is it safe to buy it and will the local samsung service centres be cooperative if the phone goes bad?

2.Xperia Arc - Attractive design, 8MP camera. But way costlier than the Focus.

Also, do suggest any alternatives if any and the best deals to get them.

Need a Smartphone having features –

• Wifi
  • 3G
  • Wifi hotspot
  • Good battery backup
  • Good processor and RAM
Features not necessarily needed

• Touchscreen
  • Camera, radio, etc.

Price Below Rs. 9,000

Hi Guys,
Planning to buy an Android smart phone under 13K INR.
Please suggest best options.
My mandatory requirement is front camera to make video calls(skype or direct network video calls)

Thanks in Advance!

mountaintrekker said:
Need a Smartphone having features –

• Wifi
  • 3G
  • Wifi hotspot
  • Good battery backup
  • Good processor and RAM

Features not necessarily needed

• Touchscreen
  • Camera, radio, etc.

Price Below Rs. 9,000
Purchased samsung galaxy y for rs 6700
Sent from my LG-P500

mountaintrekker said:
Need a very BASIC and cheap dual or tripple sim phone.

Special Features not needed, but preferably a slim phone.

Budget - below rs. 3000

Sent from my LG-P500

Hmmm, how about the Nokia X1-01 at 1.95K?

It's pretty basic, but it's a Nokia and is Dual Sim.

^Yeah, but given that his budget is "up to 3K", he would expect something better than the Nokia 101. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anu0512 said:
Hi, I'm looking for good dual sim phone with call recording feature, the price lie between 0 to 3000 (500 + & -). Any brand.

Looks like the LG GX200 hits the sweet spot at 3.5K.

Yes, there are other options from Micromax and other Chinese companies.

However, Nokia and Micromax have their differences in terms of Product Quality, UI and more, the former being better.

Quick choice: O2x or Galaxy R?
Inclined towards O2x because it is more compact(prefer 4.0" to 4.2" screen), has an IPS screen, gorilla glass, better UI (according to me, stock > TouchWiz)better cam, 1080p video recording, hdmi out, better community support and is also cheaper than the SGR.
The SGR has better battery life and more RAM. But this is not enough for me to prefer it. No specific brand preference, no other dual core droids in budget, cannot import Atrix or similar. Any other factor?

rhlravi said:
Quick choice: O2x or Galaxy R?

Inclined towards O2x because it is more compact(prefer 4.0" to 4.2" screen), has an IPS screen, gorilla glass, better UI (according to me, stock > TouchWiz)better cam, 1080p video recording, hdmi out, better community support and is also cheaper than the SGR.

The SGR has better battery life and more RAM. But this is not enough for me to prefer it. No specific brand preference, no other dual core droids in budget, cannot import Atrix or similar. Any other factor?

My vote goes for O2x :) (had to vote as i just bought one:tongue: but on a serious note for 18k that's (more than) the max one can get)

beanstalk_230 said:
Need to buy a backup phone for around 5k. Camera is the only thing I would give preference to. Any form factor would do.

Open to used phones as well. (Stuck with only COD, cash deposit at bank or local buy options)

BUMP..

How is this phone from vodafone for 5000 - Vodafone Smart - Price, Features & Specifications | Vodafone India.

Have no idea whether it has to be purchased normally or is contract based.

Hello,

I was thinking of getting an Android phone. I text a lot and would prefer to text using only one hand. Should I opt for a candybar qwerty or just any phone with Swype?

Features I need are:

Wi-fi and 3g

music player, radio, 3.5mm jack

large internal memory or expandable with large external memory

2mp camera or higher

capacitive touchscreen

ebook reading capability and able to run few simple games (preferably able to run a good gameboy emulator :D )

bluetooth and usb connectivity

Budget: <16k

That's all. I was kinda thinking of HTC Cha Cha. Thanks in advance. :)

PS: heard about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos. Worth waiting for?

Look at the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro. Has a full qwerty slide out keyboard. Should cost 15.x k. I personally find it a pain to type on touchscreens single handedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back