~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

You should lookout for the B.B bold 3 available around 18k and the B.B 9360

if no blackberry then the Motorola Droids From US will help you (can't remember the model name but there was one with a slide out keyboard )

want a good upgrade for my mom's nokia 5130.

looking for something slim,standard form.

min 2.2" screen

camera atleast 2MP(with or without flash)

easy to use keypad

preferably would like speakers on sides(5130 has bottom speakers and was hard to hear calls when placed on backside)

memory slot

music player,FM radio

budget:below 7k

il bunk the nokia C5 as speakers are behind and not as audible.

sujan said:
New member here :ashamed:

confused between Samsung Galaxy y and Optimus Net :S

Mention your requirements and budget. If you have a budget of ~9k-10k or so then obviously the LG Net or the HTC Explorer is a good choice. If you have a tigher budget of ~6k-7k then the Galaxy Y.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ariendj said:
want a good upgrade for my mom's nokia 5130.

looking for something slim,standard form.

min 2.2" screen

camera atleast 2MP(with or without flash)

easy to use keypad

preferably would like speakers on sides(5130 has bottom speakers and was hard to hear calls when placed on backside)

memory slot

music player,FM radio

budget:below 7k

il bunk the nokia C5 as speakers are behind and not as audible.

Wait for the Asha 300 launch and review. Pricing would be around the ~5.5k-6k mark and should a decent upgrade from 5130XM to a phone in traditional form factor with keypad.

Nokia Asha 300 - Full phone specifications

sujan said:
Budget 8K max,any more options in this price range?

p.s: Android OS only

Get the LG optimus One P500 ~ 8k from letsbuy(after discounts). It has a double the screen resolution, double the RAM and much better GPU when compared to the Galaxy Y.

I am looking for an entry level dual sim android phone with a touch screen. I came across Samsung C 6712 Star II Duos for about Rs.6,000. Is this a good phone to buy? I am not interested in a powerful camera nor other futures of a high ended phone. As long it can deliver dual sim capabilities and a few android apps, I will be satisfied. If not this which dual sim android phone would you recommend? TIA

DarkAngel said:
Get the LG optimus One P500 ~ 8k from letsbuy(after discounts). It has a double the screen resolution, double the RAM and much better GPU when compared to the Galaxy Y.

WOOT!!! didnt know price of one went so down.
thank you very much

OK one last question,how is Optimus one's audio quality ?

thanks in advance

pnreddy said:
I am looking for an entry level dual sim android phone with a touch screen. I came across Samsung C 6712 Star II Duos for about Rs.6,000. Is this a good phone to buy? I am not interested in a powerful camera nor other futures of a high ended phone. As long it can deliver dual sim capabilities and a few android apps, I will be satisfied. If not this which dual sim android phone would you recommend? TIA
That is not an android phone. AFAIK there is no android with dual SIM.
Not sure if you'll get one from Karbonn or Spice.

pnreddy said:

Buy Spice MI-350 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews Only decent Android dual SIM phone in this price range in the market. Use the coupon code AMEXLB to get 10% off :)

Spice Mi-350 Price, Specifications, Review and Images

A friend looking for android phone around 10k.He was considering Samsung Galaxy Y but has raised his budget.Usage will be limited to multimedia,gaming,capturing images etc.Large touchscreen will be icing on cake.

Mr.J said:
A friend looking for android phone around 10k.He was considering Samsung Galaxy Y but has raised his budget.Usage will be limited to multimedia,gaming,capturing images etc.Large touchscreen will be icing on cake.

Buy HTC Explorer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews -> Use the coupon 'AMEXLB' to get it for ~9.8k. It has 512MB RAM and letsbuy has wrongly mentioned it as 384MB RAM.

HTC Explorer - Full phone specifications

HTC Explorer Review

Review: HTC Explorer

ssk the gr8 said:
around 18k budget . considering samsung omnia w , what do you guys say? any other suggestions?
P.S- front facing camera important as it will be used for 3g video calls

Go for it, omnia W is the cheapest second gen WP7 handset and its much better than the HTC radar eventhough Radar costs a lot more than the omnia W, BTW from where are you planning to get it as i cant see it on any major website like flipkart,letsbuy etc.

RS4 said:
Go for it, omnia W is the cheapest second gen WP7 handset and its much better than the HTC radar eventhough Radar costs a lot more than the omnia W, BTW from where are you planning to get it as i cant see it on any major website like flipkart,letsbuy etc.

it's going to be available soon, because i can see so many reviews coming up, i'll wait , what can i do :p

radar is costlier because of it's metallic body/premium finish etc. but still it should not be more than 20k right now it's overpriced. btw, no other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back