~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Its for a friend who is moving from dumbphones to smart phones. He is kinda of heavy user so a bigger battery is prefferred apart from that nothing much, he was about the pick the galaxy fit but stopped him coz i had terrible experience with Sumsung Spica which never gt updates from Samsung.

Metalspree said:
Its for a friend who is moving from dumbphones to smart phones. He is kinda of heavy user so a bigger battery is prefferred apart from that nothing much, he was about the pick the galaxy fit but stopped him coz i had terrible experience with Sumsung Spica which never gt updates from Samsung.

Buy LG Optimus Net at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews -> Use coupon 'AMEXLB' to get it for ~9k

It has a 800MHz MSM7227-T, Adreno 200 and a generous 512MB RAM. Also has a decent 3.2" HVGA screen(plastic, so screen guard is a must) and comes with Gingerbread version of Android. These sub 10k phones are unlikely to get ICS officially. So this is your best bet in this range.

Nokia E5 is the perfect phone for a non-geek, easy to use, great battery life phone.

I wouldn't suggest an Android to him, unless he's really keen on looking to get one. In that range though, LG Optimus One Net or Motorola Fire XT311 if he wants QWERTY.
As for updates, don't expect any updates for these phones.

I suggested him the E5 but he wanted to pick the Galaxy Fit which is a lame phone.

Well i have told him about the updates saga he is not really bothered about them as long the phone will meet his daily usage needs.

Need to buy the LG Optimus Net for a friend. I do know that there is some coupon code for letsbuy where the phone can be purchased for 9K.Problem is i am not that comfortable in placing an order with them as their service is a hit or a miss.

Is there any other place i can get at that price (online/ offline) already tried ebay and flipkart both places it is priced 10K.

This one is for a very good friend of mine.. I need a non-touch screen mobile, with a big screen size, and within a budget of 15k to 18k. My friend has clubbing in his fingers, so touchscreen is a strict no-no.. The primary use, other than making calls, will be to surf the net. Rest all features are secondary, and not so important. SLide out keyboards, qwerty or otherwise, are acceptable even though they make the phone bulky. No specific brand preference, but when the amount spent is considerably high, we would prefer something that has a good support and service network.

^They too have similar 2.46" screens. There is the SE Mini Pro ~ 15k with a 3" HVGA screen and Moto Milestone with a largish 3.7" FWVGA screen with slide out qwerty. But with android it is mandatory to use the touch screen for navigation. No other go :(

Flipkart.com: Motorola Milestone: Mobile
Flipkart.com: Sony Ericsson SK17i: Mobile

Your choice is limited to Symbian phones or a feature phone.

Flipkart.com: Sony Ericsson CK13i: Mobile

Among the blackberry only the Torch has a decent sized screen (3.2") with a QWERTY pad and optical trackpad for navigation. But that costs 30k!

Flipkart.com: BlackBerry Torch 9810: Mobile
One more option is the rather dated Nokia C6 with S60v5. But since it has a resistive touchscreen one can use it wearing gloves and even use a stylus or plectrum.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Buy Nokia C6-00 White - 3G/5MP/16GB at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back