~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hey guys....having any problems with your phones.i am a authorised service center engineer.so if u guys have any problems share them with me and i will try to solve them appart from buying tips.

dude as with most mobiles... the more the memory card is filled the longer access takes.. so its bound to slow down a tad mate..

HECTOR said:
hey guys....having any problems with your phones.i am a authorised service center engineer.so if u guys have any problems share them with me and i will try to solve them appart from buying tips.

well what brands? nokia or SE?

^^ well then what can be done about the REPEATED problem i have with my n80 display conking off due to the microfilament strip that connects the display on the slider to the main phone getting worn out or spoilt every 5 months or so...

its been 3 times that i've had the damn thing repaired.. i love the phone but i wonder if this is a common problem with sliders as a friend of mine also reported the similar problems with flip phones where the microfilament wires "break" or are rubbed off but the rate of failure seems pretty high...:huh:

HECTOR said:

gr8! we now have an engineer on this thread...

BackToExistence said:
didnt want to create a separate thread for such a small question..
but whats the max memory the N82 can support? I am looking forward to buy an 8 gig MicroM2.. lemme know quick :)
if its not supported.. will this 4 gb one work.. as in will it be compatible?
Sandisk 4GB M2 Memory Stick Micro w/ PRO DUO Adapter (SDMSM2-4096, Bulk Package) | CTC Web Store

it can officially support upto 8gb..

mach9 said:
dude as with most mobiles... the more the memory card is filled the longer access takes.. so its bound to slow down a tad mate..

Right On !!! so i suggest you stick to a 4gb card for now..

mach9 said:
^^ well then what can be done about the REPEATED problem i have with my n80 display conking off due to the microfilament strip that connects the display on the slider to the main phone getting worn out or spoilt every 5 months or so...

its been 3 times that i've had the damn thing repaired.. i love the phone but i wonder if this is a common problem with sliders as a friend of mine also reported the similar problems with flip phones where the microfilament wires "break" or are rubbed off but the rate of failure seems pretty high...:huh:

well,i had a similar prob with my 6288 after my friend dropped it ! :mad:
initially the display backlight stopped working and finally the display as such!
Nokia Care replaced the strip and the lcd to rectify the problem,costing me 2.2k! :(

Sorry man for the delay,i was offline.Well........models like n80 has two common problems: one u just mentioned and other being automatic operation of keapad.I am afraid this problem will remain and u have to love your h/s really to replase the part again & again.But if u ask me i will say no matter how beautiful or feature rich it is NEVER BUY A FLIP OR SPECIALLY A SLIDE PHONE cos in time it will get u in trouble.Always go for a candy bar phone which will last long and will remain trouble free relatively.
mach9 said:

tejinderss said:
Which one is better? n82 or n95. Both are available for 19k and n95 has better and brigther screen as compared to n82. what do you guys think?

As far as specs go,the N95 beats the N82 and if a big bright screen is what you want,then the N95 it is !!!

else the N82 is worth considering..

hanzy said:
Some Price Updates.

Shocking prices for a few of these models....prices drops here :D...festive season....and diwali is YET to come :D.....

Nokia 6210 Navigator - Rs.14300

Nokia N81 - Rs.14200

Nokia N78 - Rs.15000

Nokia 5320 - Rs.10000 <------ This makes it the BEST VFM MusicXpress Phone currently available....and YESSSS its S60 !!!.....about 9-9.5k will be a sweeet spot.

Nokia 5310 - Rs.9100 ....(still HIGHLY overpriced for me atleast......why would people want to buy this....)

Nokia 5610 - Rs.12350

Nokia E66 - Rs.20XXX

HTC Touch - Rs.13100

ASUS P320 - Rs.10750 (OMG!)

HTC P3400 - Rs.8900

PalmOne - Rs.13100

Can't remember the rest...but I did notice a price droop in almost most of the models across most of the brands.

All official prices with warranty...........cheers.

hi .. is the price mentioned for N 81 for the 8 GB version or the normal one?

dinesh2683 said:
Is the N 85 launched in india? Any idea about its price / expected price?
its available for 300 $ in US
Nokia N85

wassup with nokia ppl...crappy keypad once again in this model........no GPS as well......ok for the price though...if its ~13k in india...no clue abt its launch or not.....i would love to have nokia's with keypads like the Samsung i450...its a bliss to msg on that keypad......

as of now 2 VFM nokias in my list....if u want GPS with Maps and Navigation - Nokia 6210 and if u want music along with symbian - Nokia 5320..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back