~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

I need to buy a mobile phone for my dad. Budget is upto Rs. 5000. Please suggest a phone keeping the following features in mind:
Very good signal reception, voice clarity.
Very good battery life.
Music player + FM radio capability preferrable.
Camera not needed.

Thanks in advance.

hanzy said:
wassup with nokia ppl...crappy keypad once again in this model........no GPS as well......ok for the price though...if its ~13k in india...no clue abt its launch or not.....i would love to have nokia's with keypads like the Samsung i450...its a bliss to msg on that keypad......

as of now 2 VFM nokias in my list....if u want GPS with Maps and Navigation - Nokia 6210 and if u want music along with symbian - Nokia 5320..........

look again .. its a replacement for n95 classic .. it has everything but xenon flash ..:mad:

I've narrowed it down to 2 phones in sub 5000 category - Nokia 3110 classic and SE W200i. W200i seems to have a much better talktime (7 hours vs 4 hours for the Nokia) but its joystick is not so good and I've read about people having problems with it. W200i also lacks Bluetooth but that can be overlooked. Please help me choose which phone to buy!

b_naresh said:
I've narrowed it down to 2 phones in sub 5000 category - Nokia 3110 classic and SE W200i. W200i seems to have a much better talktime (7 hours vs 4 hours for the Nokia) but its joystick is not so good and I've read about people having problems with it. W200i also lacks Bluetooth but that can be overlooked. Please help me choose which phone to buy!

May not look great but the Nokia 3110 Classic is the way to go!
Offers complete VFM ...

Update : Nokia 6210 Navigator - Rs.13650......(one shop on 2nd floor in the mall at irla in alfa lane........alfa still at Rs.14000 for it....!....i asked the shop keeper 2-3 times if i heard the price right......

thebanik said:
how much is N82 going for these days???? Any price drops soon on this model????

same as before 19400. where are those people who were saying 16-17k i have no clue neither they have sent a link of the shops where we can buy one, :bleh:

47Shailesh said:
E51 -> 11,500/-
E71 -> 19,800@Nokia Priority, 20,029@Subhiksha
Noklia 5230 -> ~10K

19800 is also the price all around bombay as of now but i wanted to know is nokia offering 2 years warranty or one. from as i gather SHRIPAD got the phone with 2 yrs warratny from where i dont know. i am thinking of getting the white one its insane..... is it going to have a price drop soon ? since the e72 has already been out in commercials ???

Price update on the Nokia 6220C : Rs.15,500 /-
Decent....but still the N78 is an obvious choice over it.....If Camera MP is more imp for ya than the music output etc....then this can be choosen over the N78. ( aah yes, u dont have the 3.55mm jack in this either)

Hi

I am looking for a Dual mode CDMA +GSM phone. Have Tata number.

Pl advice under 10k. Options Samsung Duo, SPice 88n, Fly & Beau & Wesex. Pl sugegst other options if any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back