~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Ok.

I got a budget of 13k can go to 15k if i find it worth

-I need LARGE app Supprort

-Good Looks

-Decent camera Decent Music

-Wifi Wld be Better and 3G even better.

I zeroed down Asus P320 and HTC touch.

Is there anyother phone that i shld look for?

WHich one wins from the above.

TIA !

ShaTTeR said:
Ok.

I got a budget of 13k can go to 15k if i find it worth
-I need LARGE app Supprort
-Good Looks
-Decent camera Decent Music
-Wifi Wld be Better and 3G even better.

I zeroed down Asus P320 and HTC touch.

Is there anyother phone that i shld look for?
WHich one wins from the above.

TIA !

Well for a blend of multimedia and app support,I'd recommend the Nokia N78 which has all the above features and more...Not to mention the 3.2MP 'Carl-Zeiss' camera !

An alternative would be the Nokia E51 !

P320 Vs. Touch:
Both the P320 & Touch feature the same processor and also lack 3G & FM..
However the P320 is cheaper than the Touch and features a GPS module but the former has a few usability issues under its sleeve and its battery life is worse than the touch...
So as far as I've read,for overall usability I'd suggest the HTC Touch among the two !

Prices:
Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K
Asus P320 ~ 11.8K
HTC Touch ~ 13.8K
Nokia N78 ~ 15K

ShaTTeR said:
Oops Did i mention , i hate Symbian? :p I dont wanna go with Nokia , and ive used my frnds N78. Dint find it too Impressive . as I said camera doesnt matter.

Aight then..
It's gotta be the HTC Touch among the two you mentioned! You'll have a better experience...

gigy said:
can you advise me about buying samsung i780. what is its present price. i need a fast phone to read pdf files with good display and gps

The Samsung i780 currently retails for 19.1k !

Samsung i780 is a neat and stylish PocketPC, which offers friendly handling and compact design given its full QWERTY keyboard and large display. Its proven PocketPC capabilities, rich application package and a handful of innovations will surely attract Windows Mobile users.

In the several days of testing Samsung i780 proved to be a worthy reinforcement to the company's QWERTY smart portfolio. We are quite pleased with the improvements Samsung i780 brings to the i series.

It however managed to lose all of our affection with its poor compatibility with third party applications developed for 4:3 aspect ratio screens. After all, the huge availability of native third-party applications is one of the Windows Mobile best selling points. With Samsung i780 however it has the potential of becoming a huge source of frustration thanks to the constant game of trial-and-error.

We certainly hope that this might be a unit-specific problem (although we highly doubt it), as with all other things considered, Samsung i780 is a wonderful high-end QWERTY PocketPC, that had the potential of becoming a bestseller among smart devices.

^^^

But the major drawback of the phone is the square display having a 4:3 aspect ratio..

If you don't mind Symbian,the Nokia E71 (19.6k) is an excellent alternative !

It reads pdf files,excellent QWERTY keypad,has a good display(although not as big as the competitors) and features GPS apart from other great features..

No touch screen though !

Or do you prefer a TOUCH SCREEN?

~* The Nokia N-Series Price Update *~

Nokia N96 ~ 33.1K

Nokia N85 ~ 23.4K

Nokia N95 8GB ~ 24K

Nokia N95 ~ 18.7K

Nokia N79 ~ 19.6K

Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K

Nokia N81 8GB ~ 15.4K

Nokia N78 ~ 15K

Nokia N73 ME ~ 12.2K

Nokia N70 ME ~ 9.3K

Nokia N72 ~ 7.5K

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
~* The Nokia N-Series Price Update *~

Nokia N96 ~ 33.1K
Nokia N85 ~ 23.4K
Nokia N95 8GB ~ 24K
Nokia N95 ~ 18.7K
Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K
Nokia N78 ~ 15K
Nokia N73 ME ~ 12.2K
Nokia N70 ME ~ 9.3K
Nokia N72 ~ 7.5K

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks for the updates....repped.....

~* The 5MP Race !!! *~

Brand-wise , Price-wise , ENJOY !

Nokia:

Nokia N96 ~ 33.1K

Nokia N95 8GB ~ 24K

Nokia N85 ~ 23.4K

Nokia N79 ~ 19.6K

Nokia N82 ~ 19.1K

Nokia N95 ~ 18.7K

Nokia 6220 C ~ 17.1K

Sony Ericsson:

SE G900 ~ 19.8K

SE K850 ~ 19K

SE C902 ~ 18.5K

Samsung:

Samsung 1900 Omnia ~ 31.9K

Samsung F490 ~ 19.9K

Samsung G800 ~ 18.9K

Samsung F480 ~ 18.1K

Samsung G600 ~ 16.2K

LG:

LG KF750 ~ 17.9K

LG KU990 Viewty ~ 17.9K

LG KC550 ~ 14.9K

Motorola:

Moto ZN5 ~ 15.6K

~ T.T.M ~

~* The 5k Dilemma !!! *~

Brand-wise , Price-wise !!!

Check out this list and narrow down your choices,before you head to a store !

Common Features: Camera,Music,FM,GPRS,Bluetooth & Mem. card slot

Nokia:

Nokia 3500C ~ 5.3K

Nokia 5200 ~ 4.8K

Nokia 6085 ~ 4.5K

Nokia 3110C ~ 4.3K

Sony Ericsson:

SE Z555 ~ 5.6K

Samsung:

Samsung J700 ~ 5.6K

Samsung J600 ~ 4.9K

Samsung M620 ~ 4.7K

Samsung J210 ~ 4.7K

Samsung E251 ~ 4.4K

Samsung J150 ~ 4.4K

Samsung E250 ~ 3.8K

LG:

LG KE590 ~ 5.6K

LG KP220 ~ 4.1K

LG KP199 ~ 4K

Motorola:

Moto ZN200 ~ 5.8K

~ T.T.M ~

Hello t.t.m

I am looking for phone with following features :-

1. Budget : Strictly under 12K
2. 3G
3. Large display
4. Qwerty keypad
5. No prefernces for camera
6. Bluetooth/USB/Mini USB Connection
6. Nokias/SEs preferred
TiA

i could not wait for the replies as had to buy a phone today, so picked up samsung i780 for 17300 and a 8gb card for 1200. i am happy with its performance. i do have E71 but the pdf reader is not as good as the windows mobile one. large wiring diagrams do not open in e71 but there is no issue in i780. camera of i780 is far better than e71. regarding third party applications, will have to wait and watch. samsung omnia is 10k more.

netwitx said:
Hello t.t.m

I am looking for phone with following features :-

1. Budget : Strictly under 12K
2. 3G
3. Large display
4. Qwerty keypad
5. No prefernces for camera
6. Bluetooth/USB/Mini USB Connection
6. Nokias/SEs preferred
TiA

Frankly,you'll have to extend your budget a bit if you really need a QWERTY keypad...
And when you do,your immediate options are:
Palm Centro ~ 13.1K
HTC S710 ~ 13.8K

Both of them lack 3G(not really necessary here!).
The s710 features wi-fi whereas the centro features touch screen and a faster processor.

I suggest you relax your requirements and get a very capable phone for your budget or extend the same and get something that meets your requirements effortlessly !

gigy said:
i could not wait for the replies as had to buy a phone today, so picked up samsung i780 for 17300 and a 8gb card for 1200. i am happy with its performance. i do have E71 but the pdf reader is not as good as the windows mobile one. large wiring diagrams do not open in e71 but there is no issue in i780. camera of i780 is far better than e71. regarding third party applications, will have to wait and watch. samsung omnia is 10k more.

I think u are referring to the default PDF reader present on the E71. It is a lite version anyway and so cannot open all files. It gets stuck trying to open large files. There are other commercial PDF readers available like from Resco which are able to open pretty large files. I dont remember the exact name now but will update the post once I get the name.

can i have some help here?

My trusty Samsung R220 finally bit the dust :(

In the market for a fone. Budget is around 5k. don't really care for cam/music since i have a proper cam+music player. What i do care about is ease of texting and talktime. I use my fone for ATLEAST 3 hours everyday. Should be able to last without frequent recharging.

Bluetooth will be a bonus i guess, since i could get myself a good handsfree then(i can get a fone in this budget with bluetooth, right?)

sTALKEr said:
can i have some help here?

My trusty Samsung R220 finally bit the dust :(

In the market for a fone. Budget is around 5k. don't really care for cam/music since i have a proper cam+music player. What i do care about is ease of texting and talktime. I use my fone for ATLEAST 3 hours everyday. Should be able to last without frequent recharging.
Bluetooth will be a bonus i guess, since i could get myself a good handsfree then(i can get a fone in this budget with bluetooth, right?)

Check my "The 5k Dilemma !!!" post...

sTALKEr said:
well yes. i did see your post. but there isn't really much of a mention of pro's nd cons. is there?

also, could you suggest a good reliable mobile phone review site?

Well,you really can't expect a list of pros n cons for a phone costing less than 5k..

The phones in the list feature a Camera,Music,FM,GPRS,Bluetooth & Mem. card slot...

The list is basically to let ppl know what options are available,check them out online and of course narrow down their choices !

As far as reviews go,GSMARENA.COM is one of the sites i refer to...

But most of these sites hardly have any reviews on budget phones..Ony specs & user opinions !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back