~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

suggest me a phone
for my dad
budget :- should not exceed 4.5k
requirements :- FM , MP3 player , good BATTERY BACKUP .
NO need of camera .
No bluetooth ......will be OK .
i am onto SE W200i ......... need better choice if any .

^^ How about Nokia 3110 , has a MP3/MP4/AAC/AAC+/H.264/WMA media player , Fm , camera and bluetooth are also present and battery life is solid . costs 4.6k

Sudarshan_SMD said:
suggest me a phone
for my dad
budget :- should not exceed 4.5k
requirements :- FM , MP3 player , good BATTERY BACKUP .
NO need of camera .
No bluetooth ......will be OK .
i am onto SE W200i ......... need better choice if any .

Almost every decent phone worth recommending , features a camera !
With the exception of the Samsung B520
b520A.jpg

Retails for about 3.2k !

BTW,THE SE W200 FEATURES A CAMERA !

thetoxicmind said:
Problem is that he doesn't need a camera !

that was not my point............
it means it's no need for phone that there should have a camera........if there is then no problem .

n now days every multimedia phone has atleast VGA camera ......

so for me other options ?

Sudarshan_SMD said:
that was not my point............

it means it's no need for phone that there should have a camera........if there is then no problem .

n now days every multimedia phone has atleast VGA camera ......

so for me other options ?

well,try being a little clearer about ur reqs. next time round..

Anyways..

If your absolutely sure you don't need bluetooth the go ahead with the SE W200i !

Else consider the folllowing:

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.3k

Samsung J210 ~ 4.7k

Samsung E251 ~ 4.4k

Any idea about the latest price of the N81(normal version and the 8GB version)? ?

www.themobilestore.in lists the N81 and the N81 8GB as Rs.14.2k & Rs.14.8k respectively whereas the price of the N78 is mentioned as Rs.14k. I mean how is this possible? I think they have not updated the price of the N81 for some time as it is an old model.

I'm planning to get a new phone in a couple of months and was wondering what my options were. I'll probably have around 12k with me, and i might be able to push it to around 16k if im able to sell my old w800 and crappy motorola v188. Keep in mind that this is all atleast 2 months away, and im not sure how quickly mobile prices drop. I was very interested in the 5800, but until im sure about the touchscreen and software performance, im not finalized on it and was looking at alternatives.

Here are my requirements:

• Wifi with a decent browser (was satisified with the 5800's even though it cant hold a flame to the iphone's). The wifi should allow you to stream audio to and from other networked devices the way the 5800 does, i dont remember what the feature was called. It doesnt have to be native to the phone but an app should exist which allows it.
  • GPS (whose maps can be overwritten with foreign maps)
  • Good 3rd party app developer base (like the way symbian has great on-phone software and SE has a lot of ppl writing software for PC interfacing like fma, myphoneexplorer, etc)
  • Reasonably fast performance even with multiple apps installed (not necessarily running at the same time though) : I had a Nokia 6260 a while back, and i was pretty dissapointed with the performance after installing a couple 3rd party apps on it but Im sure mobile processing has improved since.
  • Good Non-QWERTY keyboard : this may seem contradictory to my interest in the 5800 but I would like good sms typing speeds and i cant get used to qwerty keyboards. So a non-cramped layout and decent tactile feedback.
  • 3.5mm Audio jack and a good music library handling & playback system.
  • expandable memory (SD preferred)

Whats NOT important :

camera quality (i prefer not to take photos with my phone anyway so it's not a priority)

Need to buy a basic, no-frills kind of phone for Mom. Budget 5k (+-1k)

Requirements:
*Good build quality
*Ease of use
*Must be a Nokia phone (she's pretty firm about that lol)
*Don't know what kind of camera she'll get in this budget, but it would be nice if it had a decent one
*Candy bar form factor preferred, but this is flexible

So what are the options?

techster said:

Requirements:
*Good build quality
*Ease of use
*Don't know what kind of camera she'll get in this budget, but it would be nice if it had a decent one

So what are the options?

In this budget, ur options will be Nokia 3110C and Nokia 5300 only if u look at just Nokia.

If u stretch ur budget to Rs.7k, u can get the Nokia 6300 and maybe the Nokia 6233 also(both have 2MP Camera).

hotshot05 said:
Any idea about the latest price of the N81(normal version and the 8GB version)? ?

The MobileStore - Best Mobile Phone Deals, Buy Mobile Phones, Cell Phone Accessories, Offers, Tips lists the N81 and the N81 8GB as Rs.14.2k & Rs.14.8k respectively whereas the price of the N78 is mentioned as Rs.14k. I mean how is this possible? I think they have not updated the price of the N81 for some time as it is an old model.

Well the prices vary from store to store !
Also depends on the popularity of the product...

Lowest price I've seen so far:
Nokia N81 8GB ~ 14.8K
Nokia N81 ~ 13.6K
Nokia N78 ~ 13.9K

techster said:

Requirements:

*Good build quality

*Ease of use

So what are the options?

Best options:

Nokia 3500 Classic ~ 5.3k

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.3k

Could recommend the new 7210 SuperNova as well but it's got a pathetic battery life!

hotshot05 said:
In this budget, ur options will be Nokia 3110C and Nokia 5300 only if u look at just Nokia.

If u stretch ur budget to Rs.7k, u can get the Nokia 6300 and maybe the Nokia 6233 also(both have 2MP Camera).

^^^ +1 ! But I'd rather suggest the 6300 mainly coz it has a better display n sleeker !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back