~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Forgot to mention, the SE phones accept only Memory Sticks which are way more costly than the miniSD card that the N73 supports. So if you are looking for a music player and want to be able to play different types of compressed formats and carry a lot of music around, buying the N73 would be cheaper because of the less costly memory card. Do keep this in mind.

hotshot05 said:
Is the SE W810(the Walkman edition of the K750i) still available?
I think it would be better to buy the Nokia 5220XM or Motorola A810(touchscreen) or ROKR EM30.
The N73 would feel very sluggish now a days compared to the latest crop of phones and it hangs a lot. It is better to buy a new phone rather than buy a 2-3year old phone.

Dude..the w810's cam + music combined performance easily beats the 5220 & rokr em30 !
The em 30 has hard keys,awkward screen and a very std. camera,the 5220 on the other hand is a decent phone but its camera is pretty much standard !

And yes,the w810i is still available !

hotshot05 said:
Forgot to mention, the SE phones accept only Memory Sticks which are way more costly than the miniSD card that the N73 supports. So if you are looking for a music player and want to be able to play different types of compressed formats and carry a lot of music around, buying the N73 would be cheaper because of the less costly memory card. Do keep this in mind.

considering how much the phone costs ,he could make a one time investment for a 1gb/2gb card ,he would be settled!

mutant said:
my friend is having the normal edition and not the music edition, also condition is pretty ok....he used it for like a week or so, and its packed ever since....

but is it worth getting the phone, if he gives me for lets say 6.5k....

also, camera and music capabilites are little important to me, as i dnt have a digi cam and a portable music player, and i wish to use my phone instead....how does sony's W810 and K790i compare to nokia's N73

Only the K790i or K810 could be compared to the Nokia N73...

And they K810 easily wins in this regard primarily because of its brilliant camera !the k790i is the next in line...

Not sure if the n73's latest firmware corrects the bluish tint to most images...

But the N73 sure does have a big screen & produce good quality audio output..

So each device wins on its strengths...

Again,the n73 runs on symbian which can be advantageous as far as installing 3rd party apps are concerned but performance can be sluggish!

hotshot05 said:
The screen size of the N73 is much more than both the W810i or the K790i.
But when comparing the camera: K790i>N73>W810i.
Regarding music quality: W810i>N73(since the SE ships with a in-ear earphone). But if your friend has the 3.5mm converter, then the music quality would be almost equal as you would be able to use better quality earphones.
Regarding video playback: N73>>>K790i/W810i(because of the much larger screen and the ability to install custom codecs which enables the N73 to play almost any file format).

If the price is around Rs.6.5k then its a steal. Better get that than anything else. You can use the leftover money to buy the 3.5mm converter and a better quality earphone like Creative EP-630.

^^^ Very true...

Hi Mobile phone ADVISOR
Urgent Help Required
I need a windows mobile 6.1 phone
which should have Touch screen, gr8 battery life,
camera 2MP or above

my application (medical software) runs only on Windows mobile OS
my budget is upto 23k

which is the windows mobile phone with largest touch screen??
please help thanks

drkrack said:
Hi Mobile phone ADVISOR

Urgent Help Required

camera 2MP or above

my budget is upto 23k

please help thanks

Your best option would be the Touch Diamond or the ASUS P552w !

Options & Prices:

HTC Touch Diamond ~ 24.7k* (WinMob 6.1 Pro/Good 3.2MP Cam/Avg. batt. Life)

ASUS P552w ~ 21k* (WinMob 6.1 Pro/Std. 2MP Cam/Good Batt. Life)

LG KS20 ~ 15.8k* (WinMob 6.0 Pro/Good 2MP Cam/Avg. Batt. Life)

Hope this helped..

And as I always say,try to check them out in person and then decide !

~ t.t.m ~

*Prices mentioned are the lowest I've seen so far.

drkrack said:
Hi Mobile phone ADVISOR
Urgent Help Required
camera 2MP or above

my budget is upto 23k

please help thanks

Should a 2.8inch screen suffice for you?
What is the minimum requirement for your medical application? Is a 200MHz processor and 128MB RAM sufficient for running your application smoothly?

If 2.8inch screen is not sufficient then you will have to wait till use HTC Touch HD releases. But its price will be much higher than 23k.

thetoxicmind said:
Your best options would be the HTC Touch Dual ,Tytn 2 or the ASUS P552w !
Between the Tytn 2 and the Touch Dual,the former has a qwerty keypad & is heavier while the latter has a 20key pad & misses out on Wi-Fi!

Options & Prices:
HTC Touch Diamond ~ 24.7k (WinMob 6.1 Pro/Good 3.2MP Cam/Avg. batt. Life)
HTC TYTN 2 ~ 24.8k (WinMob 6.0 Pro/Good 3.2MP Cam/Good Batt. Life)
ASUS P552w ~ 21k (WinMob 6.1 Pro/Std. 2MP Cam/Good Batt. Life)
HTC Touch Dual ~ 25.5k (WinMob 6.0 Pro/Std. 2MP Cam/Decent Batt. Life)
LG KS20 ~ 15.8k (WinMob 6.0 Pro/Good 2MP Cam/Avg. Batt. Life)

A little beyond your budget but definitely worth mentioning:

HTC Touch Cruise ~ 29.9k (WinMob 6.0/Good 3.2MP Cam/V.Good Batt. Life)

Before buying the LG KS20 or HTC Tytn II check if your application runs smoothly on the Qualcomm MSM7200 processor as it has many graphics related problems. This processor lacks many graphical drivers. So I would suggest staying away from these phones(or any phone running that specific processor) unless you know somebody who has run your application on that specific phone.

hotshot05 said:
Should a 2.8inch screen suffice for you?

What is the minimum requirement for your medical application? Is a 200MHz processor and 128MB RAM sufficient for running your application smoothly?

If 2.8inch screen is not sufficient then you will have to wait till use HTC Touch HD releases. But its price will be much higher than 23k.

The HTCs & the ASUS phones I've mentioned feature a 2.8 inc display,2.6 in case of the touch,which by normal standards are more than enough !

Rest assured,the Touch HD is definitely going to priced at over 32k!!!

(As per rumors,34k excluding VAT)

hotshot05 said:
Before buying the LG KS20 or HTC Tytn II check if your application runs smoothly on the Qualcomm MSM7200 processor as it has many graphics related problems. This processor lacks many graphical drivers. So I would suggest staying away from these phones(or any phone running that specific processor) unless you know somebody who has run your application on that specific phone.

^^^ Thnx for bringing that into picture.Just read about the Driver issue and this is only HTC specifc(models with the MSM7200 Proc)!

The problem is that the graphics chipset is being under utilized without the necessary driver ! So no hardware acceleration taking place.And HTC isn't providing this much needed driver !

It's also important to note that this is not a hardware problem. There are products based on the same chipset that come with proper drivers and as such they do not suffer from poor performance. Such a product is the LG KS20.

^^^ FYI,the KS20 doesn't suffer from such a problem

@drkrack

ORIGINAL POST modified accordingly

thetoxicmind said:
^^^ Thnx for bringing that into picture.Just read about the Driver issue and this is only HTC specifc(models with the MSM7200 Proc)!
The problem is that the graphics chipset is being under utilized without the necessary driver ! So no hardware acceleration taking place.And HTC isn't providing this much needed driver !
^^^ FYI,the KS20 doesn't suffer from such a problem

Are you sure that the LG KS20 does not suffer from that driver related problem?? In all the reviews(Techtree, smape, mobile-review), the reviewers faced some graphics related problems and on the xda-developers forum, all the owners of the KS20 have mentioned the graphical driver related problem. I dont know though if it has been solved by a firmware update or not.

Are u sure HTC did not release a driver? If HTC class action site, it had mentioned in an update that HTC had released some official drivers(for the Tytn II) but that they were inadequate. They did remove some problems but not all. The driver are being ported to some other phones(e.g KS20) for whom their manufacturers have not provided drivers officially.

Thanks hotshot05 & thetoxicmind
u guys Rock !!
LG KS20 I have tried but Useless its pretty slow
2.8inch screen is okay with me
how abt samsung i780 at 17.5k?
ASUS battery life any ideas??
How abt ASUS P750 vs 552w?

let me simplify the question
at my price range which is the windows phone with Largest Touch screen & Fastest processor?

my application is not gfx intensive.. (Java document reader web browser)But faster UI will be preferred..

3G support is must & WIFI preferred
HTC TOUCH I dont prefer as the battery life is much worst !!
how abt HTC diamond battery? is UI slow ? as in HTC touch?

plz reply

jampack said:
can someone pls suggest an all-purpose phone in around 7-8k mark. no particular requirements, and what are ur views about Motorola MOTOROKR E6?
how gud is it?

I doubt if u will be able to buy the E6 for Rs.8k. Its currently retailing at around Rs.9k. It is a great device and an all in one device. It is a great multi purpose device because of the large number of mods available for it(i.e if you want to forfeit your warranty). My friend has this phone and I am amazed by all the things that he can do using his phone.

Another choice could be a WinMo based phone like HTC P3400i. There are a lot of applications available for Windows Mobile phones and so you will be able to do almost anything you want.

drkrack said:
Thanks hotshot05 & thetoxicmind
u guys Rock !!
LG KS20 I have tried but Useless its pretty slow
2.8inch screen is okay with me
how abt samsung i780 at 17.5k?
ASUS battery life any ideas??
How abt ASUS P750 vs 552w?

let me simplify the question
at my price range which is the windows phone with Largest Touch screen & Fastest processor?

my application is not gfx intensive.. (Java document reader web browser)But faster UI will be preferred..

3G support is must & WIFI preferred
HTC TOUCH I dont prefer as the battery life is much worst !!
how abt HTC diamond battery? is UI slow ? as in HTC touch?

plz reply

You can check out the various reviews of the Touch Diamond on the web. But it is better if you check the user comments or mobile related forums as most of the reviews dont take into account the improvements in firmware revisions and by using some 3rd party apps and other hacks and mods.

Note: The Touch Diamond which costs 24k and is distributed by Airtel is not the 3G version. I am not sure if the 3G version of the Touch Diamond is available in India or not.

Need advice for a sub 10K mobile for a young lady..

Req. features:
1. Looks.. Nothing too large. Slider model would be preferred
2. No Symbian or anything else fancy..
3. Bluetooth; FM and a good music player are a MUST.
4. Memory Card slot needed.
5. Basic no-frills 2MP or better cam would suffice
6. Nokia or Sony Ericsson only.

:) TIA..!

Need a mobile for 15K for the following :

1. Music is of the foremost importance + good bass. I'll be using ep-630 headphones.

2. Camera quality should be really good at still pics and should have Auto Focus(i wont buy a phone without a AF camera).

3. It should not be sluggish(N73) at all as I'll be coupling it up with a min. 4gb card.

4. I prefer more features like 3g ,wi-fi, A2DP etc. I dont give a shit about GPS as it is not mature enough to replace road maps. Any othe imp feature there in the please share with me.

5. I hate Nokia from the core of my heart, MOFO's don't even REPAIR liquid damaged cell under warranty whereas SE replaces it if under warranty.

I picked out SE W760.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back