~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
@mpranav

IF you can increase your budget,you can easily get the Moto ZN5 loaded with a great 5mp cam,wi-fi,tv-out,3.5mm jack for 15.5k !
looked at the review of this phone at mobile-review..

it seems the ZN5 has great sound quality and a 3.5 mm jack:eek:hyeah: , so i might sell my ipod and get the ZN5.
i've never heard anything about this phone...motorola has not advertised it i guess

will check out both of these phones at alfa tommorow probably.

mpranav said:
looked at the review of this phone at mobile-review..

it seems the ZN5 has great sound quality and a 3.5 mm jack:eek:hyeah: , so i might sell my ipod and get the ZN5.
i've never heard anything about this phone...motorola has not advertised it i guess

will check out both of these phones at alfa tommorow probably.

Strange ! It stirred up quite an interest thanks to its fantastic KODAK 5MP camera module..It also runs a Linux based OS !

YouTube - MOTOZINE ZN5 Erik2.1

thetoxicmind said:
First off,Nokia haven't released any clamshell model in India,in the 7-10k range..
A few under 5k like the 2760,6085 and the more expensive 6600 Fold & N76..

There is however the new Nokia 3610 Foldfor 6.5k that features an avg. 1.3mp camera with a 6X zoom n AF !:eek:hyeah:

Then there are the two comparatively older models,the 6125 & 6131 !

And if she could compromise on the form factor,the Nokia 5220 XM for 7.5 must definitely be taken into consideration !

Just in case..

Here's a list of Nokia phones* from 6-10k !

Nokia 3120 Classic ~ 6.4k
Nokia 6300 ~ 6.5k
Nokia 6233 ~ 6.9k
Nokia 7310 ~ 7.4k
Nokia N72 ~ 7.4k
Nokia 5220 XM ~ 7.5k
Nokia 5310 XM ~ 7.9k
Nokia 3600 Slide ~ 9k
Nokia N70 Me ~ 9.3k
Nokia 5320 ~ 9.8k

* Currently available at all stores

She bought the 3600 slide yesterday from Chroma. Price she paid: 9400/-

techmonk said:
Hi guys.I want to buy a phone in the price range of 4-4.5k..What's the best option available??The phone must have a decent camera,a nice mp3 player and FM..Thanks..

Your Options:

Samsung J210 ~ 4.7K
Samsung M620 ~ 4.7K
Nokia 3110C ~ 4.4k
Samsung J150 ~ 4.4K
LG KP220 ~ 4.1K

Thanks toxicmind..Well i think i will have to go for nokia 3110c cos i dont think samsung or lg can match nokia..Is there any other better phone from sony ericsson in this price range?

techmonk said:
Thanks toxicmind..Well i think i will have to go for nokia 3110c cos i dont think samsung or lg can match nokia..Is there any other better phone from sony ericsson in this price range?

Would have mentioned it...;)

The Nokia 3110C is a clear winner in this price range!

hey hi toxicmind, suggest me a mobile phone plz :D

I have around 8k to spend on a mobile phone....

my requirements are

it should look good, camera should be good, music quality should be good, should have video recording function also, video playback should be smooth, a descent and bright screen...would be good if it also has wifi ( and other options also)

3 options i have to buy

1. Buy a friends Nokia N73 in very good condition, just a month old for 6-7k and enjoy the rest of the money.

2. Buy a new phone from india itself.

3. A friend coming from US in december, ask him to get a phone for around 200$

so, wht should i do?

Thanks in advance :)

mutant said:
hey hi toxicmind, suggest me a mobile phone plz :D

I have around 8k to spend on a mobile phone....

my requirements are

it should look good, camera should be good, music quality should be good, should have video recording function also, video playback should be smooth, a descent and bright screen...would be good if it also has wifi ( and other options also)

3 options i have to buy

1. Buy a friends Nokia N73 in very good condition, just a month old for 6-7k and enjoy the rest of the money.

2. Buy a new phone from india itself.

3. A friend coming from US in december, ask him to get a phone for around 200$

so, wht should i do?

Thanks in advance :)

Firstly,you'd be better off getting the phone right here !

And don't expect Wi-fi for under 8k....

After quite a bit of research,I'd have to say the old favourites like the w810i & n73me still remain the best choice among the lot at this price range !

So if it's the N73 Music Edition being offered by your friend at that price,go ahead n get it ! provided your satisfied with its condition or try looking for deals on the n73 me..

Word of caution:it runs symbian,so performance can be sluggish at times!

Else consider the SE W810 @ 8.8k !

Add a bit more and there's the SE K790i @ 9.5k...

Hope this helped...

~ t.t.m ~

thetoxicmind said:

Is the SE W810(the Walkman edition of the K750i) still available?
I think it would be better to buy the Nokia 5220XM or Motorola A810(touchscreen) or ROKR EM30.
The N73 would feel very sluggish now a days compared to the latest crop of phones and it hangs a lot. It is better to buy a new phone rather than buy a 2-3year old phone.

thetoxicmind said:
Firstly,you'd be better off getting the phone right here !
And don't expect Wi-fi for under 8k....

After quite a bit of research,I'd have to say the old favourites like the w810i & n73me still remain the best choice among the lot at this price range !

So if it's the N73 Music Edition being offered by your friend at that price,go ahead n get it ! provided your satisfied with its condition or try looking for deals on the n73 me..
Word of caution:it runs symbian,so performance can be sluggish at times!

Hope this helped...

~ t.t.m ~

my friend is having the normal edition and not the music edition, also condition is pretty ok....he used it for like a week or so, and its packed ever since....
but is it worth getting the phone, if he gives me for lets say 6.5k....
also, camera and music capabilites are little important to me, as i dnt have a digi cam and a portable music player, and i wish to use my phone instead....how does sony's W810 and K790i compare to nokia's N73

mutant said:
my friend is having the normal edition and not the music edition, also condition is pretty ok....he used it for like a week or so, and its packed ever since....
but is it worth getting the phone, if he gives me for lets say 6.5k....
also, camera and music capabilites are little important to me, as i dnt have a digi cam and a portable music player, and i wish to use my phone instead....how does sony's W810 and K790i compare to nokia's N73

The screen size of the N73 is much more than both the W810i or the K790i.
But when comparing the camera: K790i>N73>W810i.
Regarding music quality: W810i>N73(since the SE ships with a in-ear earphone). But if your friend has the 3.5mm converter, then the music quality would be almost equal as you would be able to use better quality earphones.
Regarding video playback: N73>>>K790i/W810i(because of the much larger screen and the ability to install custom codecs which enables the N73 to play almost any file format).

If the price is around Rs.6.5k then its a steal. Better get that than anything else. You can use the leftover money to buy the 3.5mm converter and a better quality earphone like Creative EP-630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back