~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

I need another phone under 10K that should be really easy to use and look really good.

1.Keypad and LCD display should be good and readable enough.

2.Should support A2DP ,i.e, support Dell stereo bluetooth headphone(K750i doesn't even find it?).

3.The phone is for my father and should have good reception.

4.Basic 2mp camera will doo.

5.Preferably loud ring tone.

that's all folks..

Hey
I'm looking for a new phone, here's what i want :
1.Flip Up phone.
2.External Screen.
3.Loud Ringtone Volume.
4.Atleast 6 Hrs of Battery Life (Talktime).
5.Minimum 2 MP Camera with Flash & video recording.
6.Bluetooth.

Thanks.

I am looking for phone with following features :-

1. Budget : Strictly under 12K
2. 3G
3. Large display
4. Qwerty keypad
5. No prefernces for camera
6. Bluetooth/USB/Mini USB Connection

hp-india said:
Need advice for a sub 10K mobile for a young lady..

Req. features:
1. Looks.. Nothing too large. Slider model would be preferred
2. No Symbian or anything else fancy..
3. Bluetooth; FM and a good music player are a MUST.
4. Memory Card slot needed.
5. Basic no-frills 2MP or better cam would suffice
6. Nokia or Sony Ericsson only.

:) TIA..!

If you prefer a slider phone, the Nokia 3600 slide is a phone which meets all your needs and is in ur budget. Many say that it is not good looking enough but for me(I have used the ph) it is sleek and stylish enough.

Another choice is the SE W580i. It has a great screen.

If slider phone is not a necessity then you can also look at Nokia 5310(not at all recommended after the introduction of the Nokia 5320. But I am mentioning it since you said u wanted to avoid Symbian S60.).

@aman.pitbull Regarding ur 1st query: If you could spend just a bit more, I think you will be able to buy the SE K850i. Otherwise, if u want great sound quality and an amazing camera phone(best 5MP camera phone according to many), buy the Motorola ZN5. It is priced at around Rs.15.8k.

Are you sure SE replaced the phone which was damaged by a liquid. In the warranty card it is specifically written that no warranty in case of damage caused by any liquid substance. What phone was it? Did u know someone at Sony service centre or did u cover up the moisture indicator(a strip which changes colour on contact with large amount of water) using cellotape?

Regarding ur 2nd query, the 5320XM looks very drab but meets all ur other requirements. Otherwise the SE W580i, K790i also fits ur bill.

keviv86 said:
Hey
I'm looking for a new phone, here's what i want :
1.Flip Up phone.
2.External Screen.
3.Loud Ringtone Volume.
4.Atleast 6 Hrs of Battery Life (Talktime).
5.Minimum 2 MP Camera with Flash & video recording.
6.Bluetooth.

Thanks.

I dont know many phones which may be able to give 6hrs of talk time. It is a very large amount that u are asking for. If u can leave that demand aside, you can very well get the Motorola RAZR2 V8 or Motorola ROKR U9. I prefer the V8 more than the U9 because of its large screen(both internal and external) and looks.

merliajoseph said:
I am looking for phone with following features :-

1. Budget : Strictly under 12K
2. 3G
3. Large display
4. Qwerty keypad
5. No prefernces for camera
6. Bluetooth/USB/Mini USB Connection

If ur budget is strictly under 12k, there is hardly any choice of phones. If u want 3G, u can get the Nokia 5320XM, E51, SE W580i or any phone which has been released recently but u will miss out on large screen and QWERTY keypad.

If QWERTY keypad is a must you can try to get a second hand Nokia E61(I am not sure if it is discontinued or is still in production. But getting it 1st hand will exceed ur budget). U can get a 2nd hand SE P1i too(it retails for around Rs.15k).

Another choice for QWERTY keypad is LG KT610(MRP: Rs.15.3k according to LG India website)

If u want only 3G and big screen, get Samsung i450(around Rs.12.3k) or i200(both lack QWERTY keypad)

Dear Hotshot05
Please answer my last three questions

1. ASUS battery life any ideas??

2. at my price range (23k) which is the windows phone with Largest Touch screen & Fastest processor

3.how abt samsung i780 at 17.5k?

drkrack said:
Dear Hotshot05
Please answer my last three questions

1. ASUS battery life any ideas??

2. at my price range (23k) which is the windows phone with Largest Touch screen & Fastest processor

3.how abt samsung i780 at 17.5k?

I cannot comment on the battery backup of all Asus phones but when I asked an Asus P320 user he replied that the battery life was not satisfactory. These comments vary from person to person as it depends on how much one user his phone. So for a very demanding user, the battery life would be unsatisfactory while for someone who uses his cell sparingly or does not run battery intensive apps(e.g games, web browser, wi-fi, GPS), it will be good.
For knowing user comments about specific phones, go to GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... and post ur query for the specific phone.

Regarding ur 2nd query, dont always think that the more the clock speed(i.e more MHz) the better is the processor. Older, tried and tested processors having lower clock speeds are better. It would help if u could increase ur budget a bit more and get the Touch Diamond.
The i780 runs on a Marvell Xscale 624mhz processor and has 128MB RAM. But it has a non-standard screen resolution of 320x320. So check beforehand if ur application runs on it or not(Go to ur nearest Samsung World and ask the person on duty if u can run the app to see if it is compatible or not).
The i780 is pretty capable. If u get it for 18k, it is highly recommended.

To know about what processor a phone has, go to PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, PNA & Smartphone Specifications and search for that phone.
The marvell processors are pretty stable and any other ph running this processor is recommended.

Hi, please recommend me a budget handphone with this criteria:

- Budget: <10,000
- Good connectivity with linux: may connect with gammu and controls amarok using bluetooth
- Need these: easy texting, bluetooth, JavaME (with these config: CLDC ≥ 1.1 , MIDP ≥ 2.0, JSR-82(bluetooth support)), loud alarm clock.
- Less priority on: Camera, music, gprs and fancy things. Ugh, this could go down to <5k is it?

I was looking forward to buy HTC G1 but it is too expensive (about 25k). I am now buying a temporary phone and wait for a cheap android phone.

That said, I was thinking of buying a secondhand phones. Is it worth it?

hotshot05 said:
@aman.pitbull Regarding ur 1st query: If you could spend just a bit more, I think you will be able to buy the SE K850i. Otherwise, if u want great sound quality and an amazing camera phone(best 5MP camera phone according to many), buy the Motorola ZN5. It is priced at around Rs.15.8k.
Are you sure SE replaced the phone which was damaged by a liquid. In the warranty card it is specifically written that no warranty in case of damage caused by any liquid substance. What phone was it? Did u know someone at Sony service centre or did u cover up the moisture indicator(a strip which changes colour on contact with large amount of water) using cellotape?

Regarding ur 2nd query, the 5320XM looks very drab but meets all ur other requirements. Otherwise the SE W580i, K790i also fits ur bill.

Well, the phone that was repaired was W810i it fell in a glass of Mirinda:bleh: (it worked after a few hours), then one day a bottle full of detol fell on it:bleh: (it worked after a few hours), then finally I dropped it in a mug of water:bleh: after which it didn't proceed after a SE Logo so I flashed it :bleh: but it didn't work.

So basically I did void the warranty in many ways but at the service center they flashed it couldn't make it work so sent it for repair and it came back working as good as new:cool2: except internal memory reduced to 12mb:no: .

As of Nokia they said warranty is void :mad: u need to pay for repair>> after 1 month>> phone cannot be repaired at all :mad: .

As for the phones I liked what you suggested I'll buy accordingly.

hanzy said:
Which is the best phone purchase in 7-10k ???
Features wanted :
-Good for texting.
- Decent 2MP cam for occasional snapping.

Secondly , is it worth getting the P1i ?

Have you considered the SE k790i or k810i? both feature fantastic 3.2mp cameras !
Else there's the SE K550i...a cybershot 2mp phone !

Not many phone in this price range offer as good a camera as the above phones..

sumedhmumbai said:
6 -8 k phone
rugged :p
for my sis.. hence colors r imp

Well a few more requirements sure would help..
brand preference?
quite a few i could mention,though not many colour options are available..

Nokia 6300 ~ 6.6k
Nokia 5220 ~ 7.6k
Nokia 7310 Classic ~ 7.4k
SE W302 ~ 7.1k
Moto A810 ~ 7.3k

i could just go on 'n on...

Elito said:
Budget 12-14K

Looking for a decent smartphone. What are my options.

Also can someone gimme the prices for HTC Touch 3452, Asus p320 or Nokia E51

Elito

ASUS P320 ~ 11.8K

ASUS P526 ~ 12K

ASUS P527 ~ 14.6K

Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K

Nokia N73 Me ~ 12.6K

HTC Touch ~ 15.6K

HTC P3350 ~ 13.6K

Any key requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.