~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hotshot05 said:
Are you sure that the LG KS20 does not suffer from that driver related problem?? In all the reviews(Techtree, smape, mobile-review), the reviewers faced some graphics related problems and on the xda-developers forum, all the owners of the KS20 have mentioned the graphical driver related problem. I dont know though if it has been solved by a firmware update or not.

Are u sure HTC did not release a driver? If HTC class action site, it had mentioned in an update that HTC had released some official drivers(for the Tytn II) but that they were inadequate. They did remove some problems but not all. The driver are being ported to some other phones(e.g KS20) for whom their manufacturers have not provided drivers officially.

Yes,it was confirmed by a few reviewers that the KS20 did not suffer from such issues because unlike htc they DID provide the drivers to rectify the chipset based issues..

Yeah apparently htc did provide a rather ineffective update for tynt 2 owners...

drkrack said:
Thanks hotshot05 & thetoxicmind

u guys Rock !!

LG KS20 I have tried but Useless its pretty slow

2.8inch screen is okay with me

how abt samsung i780 at 17.5k?

ASUS battery life any ideas??

How abt ASUS P750 vs 552w?

let me simplify the question

at my price range which is the windows phone with Largest Touch screen & Fastest processor?

my application is not gfx intensive.. (Java document reader web browser)But faster UI will be preferred..

3G support is must & WIFI preferred

HTC TOUCH I dont prefer as the battery life is much worst !!

how abt HTC diamond battery? is UI slow ? as in HTC touch?

plz reply

1. if you've used the ks20 and not satisfied then remove that from the list.

2. the i780 is a capable phone but the odd square shaped display res. does conflict with many 3rd party applications.

3.as far as asus is concerned, i've the battery life is quite ok..nothing to worry about if you charge it everyday.

4. as far as performance & the display goes,the new 552w is better than the p750.

5. the diamond is pretty decent but the battery life is quite avg...but not a problem if your used to charging it often.

jampack said:
can someone pls suggest an all-purpose phone in around 7-8k mark. no particular requirements, and what are ur views about Motorola MOTOROKR E6?

how gud is it?

Yes,the E6 is quite good but retails for 9.4k !

Few other considerations:

Moto EM30 ~ 8.4k

Samsung M3510 ~ 8.1k

Nokia 5310 ~ 7.9k

Nokia 5220 ~ 7.5k

SE G502 ~ 7.2k

SE W302 ~ 7.1k

Nokia 3120 Classic ~ 7k

hp-india said:
Need advice for a sub 10K mobile for a young lady..

Req. features:

1. Looks.. Nothing too large. Slider model would be preferred

2. No Symbian or anything else fancy..

3. Bluetooth; FM and a good music player are a MUST.

4. Memory Card slot needed.

5. Basic no-frills 2MP or better cam would suffice

6. Nokia or Sony Ericsson only.

:) TIA..!

Either the SE W580 (9.5K) or

the Nokia 3600 Slide(9K)...

aman.pitbull said:
Need a mobile for 15K for the following :

1. Music is of the foremost importance + good bass. I'll be using ep-630 headphones.

2. Camera quality should be really good at still pics and should have Auto Focus(i wont buy a phone without a AF camera).

3. It should not be sluggish(N73) at all as I'll be coupling it up with a min. 4gb card.

4. I prefer more features like 3g ,wi-fi, A2DP etc. I dont give a shit about GPS as it is not mature enough to replace road maps. Any othe imp feature there in the please share with me.

5. I hate Nokia from the core of my heart, MOFO's don't even REPAIR liquid damaged cell under warranty whereas SE replaces it if under warranty.

I picked out SE W760.

Considering the above requirements,your options are:

Nokia N78 ~ 15K

LG KC550 ~ 14.9K

SE C702 ~ 14.5K

I see you hate Nokia a lot but the N78 sure is VFM and reliable as long as you take good care of it!

keviv86 said:
Hey

I'm looking for a new phone, here's what i want :

1.Flip Up phone.

2.External Screen.

3.Loud Ringtone Volume.

4.Atleast 6 Hrs of Battery Life (Talktime).

5.Minimum 2 MP Camera with Flash & video recording.

6.Bluetooth.

Thanks.

No specific budget eh?

6hrs tt? Atleast not in clamshell models...

Anyways,here are a few suggestions that meet most of your requirements:

Moto RAZR2 V8
(No flash)

Nokia N76

Nokia 6600 Fold

Samsung G400 Soul

merliajoseph said:
I am looking for phone with following features :-

1. Budget : Strictly under 12K

2. 3G

3. Large display

4. Qwerty keypad

5. No prefernces for camera

6. Bluetooth/USB/Mini USB Connection

The Palm Centro & HTC S710 are the cheapest(13k +) QWERTY phones available..

thetoxicmind said:
ASUS P320 ~ 11.8K
ASUS P526 ~ 12K
ASUS P527 ~ 14.6K
Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K
Nokia N73 Me ~ 12.6K
HTC Touch ~ 15.6K
HTC P3350 ~ 13.6K

11.8k for the Asus is a bit too high. Its retail price is actually around Rs.10750. In Rediff Shopping, I even saw the phone being sold for Rs.9990.

Are u sure that u did not mix up the pricing of the HTC Touch and P3350?

thetoxicmind said:
Yes,the E6 is quite good but retails for 9.4k !

Few other considerations:
Moto EM30 ~ 8.4k
Samsung M3510 ~ 8.1k
Nokia 5310 ~ 7.9k
Nokia 5220 ~ 7.5k
SE G502 ~ 7.2k
SE W302 ~ 7.1k
Nokia 3120 Classic ~ 7k

Did the price of the 5310XM really go down to Rs.7.9k? This should be bad news for the 5220XM if its price is not decreased fast.

P.S: @thetoxicmind Where were you? You had not posted in ur thread for the last 2-3 days.

Can u tell me the price of the Asus P552w Glide?

gmhafiz said:
Hi, please recommend me a budget handphone with this criteria:

- Budget: <10,000
- Good connectivity with linux: may connect with gammu and controls amarok using bluetooth
- Need these: easy texting, bluetooth, JavaME (with these config: CLDC ≥ 1.1 , MIDP ≥ 2.0, JSR-82(bluetooth support)), loud alarm clock.
- Less priority on: Camera, music, gprs and fancy things. Ugh, this could go down to <5k is it?

I was looking forward to buy HTC G1 but it is too expensive (about 25k). I am now buying a temporary phone and wait for a cheap android phone.

That said, I was thinking of buying a secondhand phones. Is it worth it?

Yes it can...
The Nokia 3110 Classic (4.5k) will suffice !

hotshot05 said:
Did the price of the 5310XM really go down to Rs.7.9k? This should be bad news for the 5220XM if its price is not decreased fast.

P.S: @thetoxicmind Where were you? You had not posted in ur thread for the last 2-3 days.

Can u tell me the price of the Asus P552w Glide?

1. Yes,the 5310 XM now retails for 7.8~8k ! the 5220 for 7.6k...:huh:

2. Yeah,In Bangalore for some work..couldn't access a PC till now :p think i've answered all the queries i've missed :D

3. Asus P552w ~ 21.1k

BTW,really appreciate your contribution to this thread ! :hap2:

~ t.t.m ~

hotshot05 said:
11.8k for the Asus is a bit too high. Its retail price is actually around Rs.10750. In Rediff Shopping, I even saw the phone being sold for Rs.9990.

Are u sure that u did not mix up the pricing of the HTC Touch and P3350?

The P3350 is for 13.6k & the Touch for 15.6k ! (+/-) 100 bucks...

And the ASUS P320 is for 11.8k in retail stores,so please do not compare with prices from online shopping sites,which are bound to be cheaper...

thetoxicmind said:
The P3350 is for 13.6k & the Touch for 15.6k ! (+/-) 100 bucks...

And the ASUS P320 is for 11.8k in retail stores,so please do not compare with prices from online shopping sites,which are bound to be cheaper...

The Rs.10750 price that I quoted for the P320 was not from an online shop, this price is applicable at Alfa,Mumbai(I dont live in Mumbai. I know a thread in another forum where a person updates his thread with latest prices of the phones in Mumbai.)

In that thread, the price of the HTC Touch is Rs.13k. Can u tell me if the Touch whose price u are quoting, has 64MB RAM or 128MB RAM?

Why should the prices at online shops be lower? Even if they are lower, they should not differ by too much.

thetoxicmind said:
ASUS P320 ~ 11.8K
ASUS P526 ~ 12K
ASUS P527 ~ 14.6K
Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K
Nokia N73 Me ~ 12.6K
HTC Touch ~ 15.6K
HTC P3350 ~ 13.6K

Any key requirements?

Going to be my first pda/smartfone. So need a reliable device. Basic email/functionality shud be enuff!

Elito

Elito said:
Going to be my first pda/smartfone. So need a reliable device. Basic email/functionality shud be enuff!

Elito

Since you are going to buy a smartphone/pda, keep in mind that these hang a lot. But the Symbian phones, hang a bit less than their Windows Mobile counterparts. I suggest you go for the Nokia E51. It has a good keypad, is really fast(because of the presence of 128MB RAM) and all the connectivity options that you may need. The only negative point is the 2inch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back