~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

what phone do i get for <15k..
1. I want some decent music .. ( will get EP-630's in a few days)
2. Decent camera...
3. I won't buy another phone for another 3 years.. so, i'm lookin at somethin which i can invest on for a long term..
4. Memory upto 4gb support..

jatinpreet said:
Hi, I want to know about nokia 5700,I am going to buy it but, i have heard that its twisting parts durability is bad, and that it doesnt last long....I want to use the phone for atleast 2 yrs...

And please can you also tellme the exact price in delhi..

costs bout 11k now ...
and durability depends on how u use it,overall the build quality is good.

v1gnesh said:
what phone do i get for <15k..
1. I want some decent music .. ( will get EP-630's in a few days)
2. Decent camera...
3. I won't buy another phone for another 3 years.. so, i'm lookin at somethin which i can invest on for a long term..
4. Memory upto 4gb support..

i'd recommend one of the these..

best music & cam combos:
Nokia 5610 XpressMusic - 12.9k
Nokia N73 Music Edition - 14.5k

good camera & decent music:
Nokia 6500 Slide - 14.8k
SE K810 - 14k

all the above phones are 3G phones that support upto 4gb mem. cards & have a 3.2mp camera !

last but not the least...go to a showroom and use the above phones to see which suits you the best !

v1gnesh said:
WHERE THE HELL FROM :O ?

i was quoted 1.8k for 2gb microsd (sandisk ) :s

yeah w/o bill...!
will be the same thing sold in oultets like univercell..without bill !
if you don't wan't to take the risk & insist on the bill,go ahead..walk into some retail store and get it for a thousand bucks more !
i personally have bought miniSD,SD cards w/o bill and they come with the original packaging & work flawlessly..i save a lot of cash too !

@toxicmind: You're from Chennai? Dude, could you recommend any good shop where i could buy a mob (pref. w580, w830, and a 2gb/4g card for the same)

The Mobile Store has a good scratch/cashback+prizes offer..

Vince said:
@toxicmind: You're from Chennai? Dude, could you recommend any good shop where i could buy a mob (pref. w580, w830, and a 2gb/4g card for the same)

i got my 5610 from sri vasavi mobiles
srivasavimobiles.com (a branch near vadapalani) .. for 13.2k
was out of stock when i had went (sunday)..
after 10 mins of waiting there, a guy came with a red/black piece :p

Vince said:

Yeah..

And i'd definitely recommend either Wavetel or Subhiksha for the best rates & service..

Stores like the mobile store & univercell always retain their high prices and only offer a better buying experience ;)

Get the memory card from any of the 'Mercy Electronics' outlets..

you'll get the best rate here(w/o bill though! )

SE W580 - 11.6k

SE W830 - 15.6k

Try to get a good price by bargaining a little ..

Thanks vignesh and thetoxicmind.. :)

@thetoxicmind: Those SE prices, from where?

P.S. me looking at the HTC 3400 now :S
and i just saw @Wavetel www -> HTC p3400 -> rs.12.4k + VAT
whereas @Sri Vasavi it is rs.12.1 + tax

Vince said:
@thetoxicmind: Those SE prices, from where?

P.S. me looking at the HTC 3400 now :S

frm wavetel..

may be a lil cheaper at subhiksha mobiles.

HTC 3400 eh ?? that's a totally diffrnt segment..that too a windows mobile device? its bout 12.2k now..

make sure you buy the right phone..don't sway from your ideal choices.

I could use a little advice here.

well, what i really want is some decent speakers and cam (decent enough for a mobile)

the only downside to a side 5610 is that i'm wary about build-quality and i cant feel it and see, coz no shop has a demo-piece.

the only downside to the w830 is its thickness(and availability) and of the w580 is the lack of flash and autofocus.

And since it doesnt have flash and autofocus, i thought i might as well get the HTC p3400.. coz i can fiddle around with Windows Mobile..

:S :confused:

Vince said:
well, what i really want is some decent speakers and cam (decent enough for a mobile)
the only downside to a side 5610 is that i'm wary about build-quality and i cant feel it and see, coz no shop has a demo-piece.
the only downside to the w830 is its thickness(and availability) and of the w580 is the lack of flash and autofocus.
And since it doesnt have flash and autofocus, i thought i might as well get the HTC p3400.. coz i can fiddle around with Windows Mobile..

and u think a htc 3400 will be a good compromise?? it's more of a business phone than a multimedia device..
5610 - all nokia's are generally sturdy..its how you use it that matters! it has a gr8 blend of music & imaging(camera)capabilities..
580 - don recommend this,if u want a really good cam !
830 - this model is quite old & still has an outrageous price..availability is another issue

and exactly how much are you willin to shell out??

Vince said:

walk into a nokia priority centre to check out the piece :cool2: (for the 5610 )

Well, budget is <15k

will try to see the 5610 for real tomorrow

BTW whats the difference between the Windows Mobile OS and the S40v3 os?
for eg., which is better, as in what more can i do on the OS compared to Symbian?

@TTM: the 3400 is more of a business phone, but do you have any idea how the speaker quality is?

Vince said:
Well, budget is <15k

will try to see the 5610 for real tomorrow

BTW whats the difference between the Windows Mobile OS and the S40v3 os?
for eg., which is better, as in what more can i do on the OS compared to Symbian?

@TTM: the 3400 is more of a business phone, but do you have any idea how the speaker quality is?
S40 v3 does NOT support Symbian.. it is java based OS...

windows mobile OS maybe helps in multi-tasking.. not sure :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back