~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hotshot05 said:
I know that it has a non-standard display but most popular programs work on it. The whole list of compatibale programs can be found in xda-developers forum.

Having just given credit to the Samsung team, we're to take it back for the unfortunate fact that the phone has problems with third party applications. Java or native Windows ones, third party applications developed for 4:3 aspect ratio screens disagree with the i780 square display more than often.

^^^ Well,I'm not sure about the compatibility ! But why take chances?

This is a CON worth mentioning...

Hey guys, my uncle wants to buy me a cell phone for my birthday. He's suggesting the LG Secret KF750. I checked out reviews for the phone, and it looks pretty good. That being said, are there any known issues with this phone that I am not aware of? Also is it a good buy in general, or are there MUCH better phones at that price (~19k) that would be more worthwhile? I need the phone for general college use. Criteria for choosing phone: good camera, sturdy build and good looks. Not very interested in music/movie playback quality or extra connectivity features.

yogi7272 said:
As a thumb rule , around 19k, u should get n82 . But since looks are important then lg secret is a nice option with good 5mp cam and video recording abilities.

LG KF750 Secret review: No secret, all guts - GSMArena.com

thetoxicmind said:
+1 to that !

I suggest you go through the above review...

The KF750 is indeed more stylish than the N82...

So your options are:

LG KF750

LG KU990 Viewty

Samsung F480

Nokia N82

Nokia N79

Hmmm the Viewty is a good phone but the camera suffers from red tinting and purple fringing. The N79 also doesn't have a good camera as per reviews. The N82 is not really a sleek or stylish phone :p

Is the F480 for 19k? I thought it was more expensive than the KF750.

Anyway thanks for the help guys. Repped both of ya :)

EDIT -- No good SE phones in that price range? I'm just weighing all my options here.

techster said:
Hmmm the Viewty is a good phone but the camera suffers from red tinting and purple fringing. The N79 also doesn't have a good camera as per reviews. The N82 is not really a sleek or stylish phone :p

Is the F480 for 19k? I thought it was more expensive than the KF750.

EDIT -- No good SE phones in that price range? I'm just weighing all my options here.

In my book n82 black is pretty stylish :D I would still advice to go for n82... Dude, its gem of a phone..Style is not everything.. There is nothing that this beauty is not capable off..:hap2: Just go through some online reviews of n82 ..user as well as website reviews and then decide .. spending 19k just for stylish phone is not worth at all ..:) good luck for ur purchase ..

techster said:

Is the F480 for 19k?
I thought it was more expensive than the KF750.

^^^ Well,I was just listing the available options ;)

There's the SE C902 !

And yeah,the Samsung F480 is available for 18.2k (+ VAT)

yogi7272 said:
In my book n82 black is pretty stylish :D I would still advice to go for n82... Dude, its gem of a phone..Style is not everything.. There is nothing that this beauty is not capable off..:hap2: Just go through some online reviews of n82 ..user as well as website reviews and then decide .. spending 19k just for stylish phone is not worth at all ..:) good luck for ur purchase ..

@techster

If styling is very important you have to miss out on a few things or have enough moolah to get that PERFECT STYLISH 'N LOADED phone.

Style over substance or not?! :bleh:

simply put, KF750 or N82

Like yogi7272 said,the N82 is one hell of a phone and the camera specifically is brilliant !

^^ Well, I specifically wanted a style over substance phone (I pretty much said so when I mentioned the criteria) :bleh:

Having owned an N70 previously, I am really tired of bulky (and IMO butt-ugly) N-series phones loaded with features I am NEVER going to use. I'm a simple calling-texting guy, and I click a photo every now and then. So the sleeker LG or Samsung phones suit me better.

Anyway thanks for the help guys. Appreciate you taking the time out to answer my query in such detail :)

techster said:
^^ Well, I specifically wanted a style over substance phone (I pretty much said so when I mentioned the criteria) :bleh:

Having owned an N70 previously, I am really tired of bulky (and IMO butt-ugly) N-series phones loaded with features I am NEVER going to use. I'm a simple calling-texting guy, and I click a photo every now and then. So the sleeker LG or Samsung phones suit me better.

Anyway thanks for the help guys. Appreciate you taking the time out to answer my query in such detail :)

1.Merely pointing out your options according to your priorities ! :p
2.If that's the case,ASSUMING YOUR NOT A POWER USER,you could choose STYLE over substance... :hap2:

Hoping to see a SHOWOFF of your stylish LG/Samsung phone soon!!! :clap:

Over n out.

~t.t.m~

I need a suggestion on a decent flip phone for a friend, the budget is arnd 6k. Radio is a must along with expandable memory.She really liked the moto krzr, but it doesn't have radio :(
Any suggestions?

nj_gamer said:
I need a suggestion on a decent flip phone for a friend, the budget is arnd 6k. Radio is a must along with expandable memory.She really liked the moto krzr, but it doesn't have radio :(

Any suggestions?

Her Options among currently available models:

Samsung X210 ~ 2.4k*

Moto W270 ~ 2.9k*

SE R306 ~ 3.8K*

Nokia 6085 ~ 4.5K*

SE Z555 ~ 5.6K*

* Prices are exclusive of 4% VAT

nj_gamer said:
@thetoxicmind

Thanks a lot man, she's so used to the nokia UI, i've used the moto UI and its really bad compared to nokia.Hows the SE z555 UI? is it as good as nokia?

Yep,MOTO UI on low-end models is really sAd...

The Z555 is definitely better than the Nokia 6085!

For a little more(6.7k*) ,there's the Nokia 3610 Fold.

A few more options,being older models :

Moto RAZR V3i ~ 5.9k*

SE W300i ~ 5.8k*

Samsung E210 ~ 5.7K*

~t.t.m~

Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a mobile phone within 7k range..

looking for a good music phone, expandable memory, bluetooth, EDGE (class 10), decent operation speed..

nokia/sony preferred but any other suggestions are welcome too....

please help me....

thanks in advance..!

sagar.sdm said:
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a mobile phone within 7k range..

looking for a good music phone, expandable memory, bluetooth, EDGE (class 10), decent operation speed..

nokia/sony preferred but any other suggestions are welcome too....
please help me....

thanks in advance..!

I think the SE W350i will be in your budget.
If you can exceed your budget by around 1k, you have a great music phone in the Motorola EM30. The Nokia 5310XM and Nokia 5220XM are around 8k too.

If you like touchscreen phones, there is the Motorola A810 in the 7k range.

@thetoxicmind
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, really helped.She's in love with the SE Z555 :)
Just a couple of questions though
1)Is the UI as good as a typical Nokia S40 phone?
2)Is there anyway to backup the contacts from Nokia 6030(Her current phone) and transfer it to the SE phone?Since the backup of nokia PC suite is *.nbu
3)Not important, but any idea how much is the current phone(Nokia 6030) worth?Its just over a year and its in good condition.
Regards

hotshot05 said:
I think the SE W350i will be in your budget.
If you can exceed your budget by around 1k, you have a great music phone in the Motorola EM30. The Nokia 5310XM and Nokia 5220XM are around 8k too.

If you like touchscreen phones, there is the Motorola A810 in the 7k range.

@hotshot05 : thanks buddy!

Among above suggested models I found Moto Rokr EM30 quite interesting...
Is anyone out there who owns this phone? If so, please give me a review/feedback of it.

I also need to know about the UI(its ease), speed of operation (heard it works on Linux monavista), durability (its build), internet connectivity for PC ( using EDGE) and any other info....

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back