~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

latinoheatx said:
can you reconfirm about the ext. memory support for samsung i450. Also someone please comment about the sound quality/music player of the above mentioned phones as compared to a mp3 player and comparing against each other.

The Samsung i450 accepts microSDHC cards upto a capacity of 4GB.

Although some claim it can support upto 8GB...

As far as sound quality goes:

1.Moto EM35

2.Moto Rokr E8

3.Samsung i450

4.Nokia 5310 XM

If you need the perfect music device , get a good MP3 player as music phones can't really compare to the popular MP3 players in the market.

You'll have to accept the phone's music playback performance.

jesal said:
i did have the n82 but the buttons are too small i know he wont like it. i saw nokia 6208. 2.4inch touch screen for 15k gonna check it out today.

First off,it isn't widely available nor is it very popular.

About the Touchscreen:
I won’t be teasing you any longer, I reveal the great secret: no matter the touchscreen, 6208 Classic cannot be controlled with taps, the pen can be used only for text entry. This information is probably even more shocking than the news that you won the lottery; as for me I’ve been thinking for days what’s the meaning of all this, but I just can’t figure it out. I think the only possible reason is that Chinese marks are easier to write by hand than type, but as soon as I see how complex they are I have to realize that this theory is not quite correct.

Exterior:
We can see on the exterior of 6208 that this hasn’t been designed for us. Although the materials used and the assembly quality are much better than the “real†Chinese phones, but the design, or better said, the scale of the elements makes us think of these handsets, as there is a large display on top and shiny buttons on the bottom.

Packaging:
when having a look at the really large box of 6802 Classic, which is primarily decorated with logograms (Chinese marks). We can immediately see that this handset hasn’t been made for the European market, but of course you could never know – this wouldn’t be the first Nokia which came to the Old Continent only after a short trip in Asia. Sticking to the facts I’d say that the large piece of cardboard had only a charger, a headset, an extremely short (~10 cm long) data cable and a 1 GB microSD card inside, although there probably would have been enough room even for the guy who has assembled it somewhere on the far side of China. Environment friendliness: zero.

Source: Mobilearsenal.com

I'd still suggest you stick with the Nokia N79 !

gizmoholic said:
is it true that n82 doesn't utilize the xenon flash for video recording? then is its video recording capability poor as compared to n79?

1. Nokia N82's Xenon Flash is best utilized to take excellent snaps compared to ones with LED flash.
2. It is true that the Xenon Flash CAN'T be enabled during video recording.
3. The Nokia N79 on the other hand sports Dual-LED flash that CAN be enabled during video recording.

To Know More :
Dual-LED vs Xenon Flash - A Real-World Test | Symbian-Guru.com

The Nokia N82's camera is one of the best in its class.

Hey Toxic,

I saw the w705 today. really loved it but I dont think I can spend that much. Do you have any cheaper mobile in mind with similar looks and the camera? i dont need wifi and all as I have an ipod touch......Music and wifi needs are taken care off with it with 1million% satisfaction. Basically I want looks and camera. For say around 12-13k.....

I'm looking for a phone for my Dad :

Budget : 10k(max)

*Should be easy to use and fast. And should have somewhat good looks too.

*Should be clear and have a really good reception.

*Good Camera and memory card bundle.

*It'll be used for checking mails and surf internet on the go.

I was thinking of these two models:

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 8.1K

Sony Ericsson G502 ~ 7.1K

TerrorBlade said:
Hey Toxic,

I saw the w705 today. really loved it but I dont think I can spend that much. Do you have any cheaper mobile in mind with similar looks and the camera? i dont need wifi and all as I have an ipod touch......Music and wifi needs are taken care off with it with 1million% satisfaction. Basically I want looks and camera. For say around 12-13k.....

The Nokia 6500 Slide (12.9K*) , Nokia 6600 Slide (13.8K*) and Samsung S7330 (11.9K*) are the only viable options...

The SE K810 (10.2K*) has the best camera though...

* Plus 4% VAT

aman.pitbull said:
I'm looking for a phone for my Dad :

Budget : 10k(max)

*Should be easy to use and fast. And should have somewhat good looks too.

*Should be clear and have a really good reception.

*Good Camera and memory card bundle.

*It'll be used for checking mails and surf internet on the go.

I was thinking of these two models:

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 8.1K

Sony Ericsson G502 ~ 7.1K

The SE G502 is the most sensible option !

Good Battery Life

Good Internet Browsing Experience

Decent Looks

However, It does have an average camera...

Hmmm....The K810 with its keys looks terrible.

The 6600 and 6500 havent got very good ratings on gsmarena and they dont look as nice as the w705 at all.

The w705 doesnt have a good camera which is my primary requirement.

I know im being very choosy here but do you recommend that I should wait for some other model to come out because I dont care about the slider style or not.

I just wants looks and the cam(nokia or SE). I like SE's better for looks though...Thanks.

TerrorBlade said:
Hmmm....The K810 with its keys looks terrible.
The 6600 and 6500 havent got very good ratings on gsmarena and they dont look as nice as the w705 at all.
The w705 doesnt have a good camera which is my primary requirement.
I know im being very choosy here but do you recommend that I should wait for some other model to come out because I dont care about the slider style or not.
I just wants looks and the cam(nokia or SE). I like SE's better for looks though...Thanks.

1.Have you seen the K810 in person? It isn't bad and I'm afraid is the only phone to have a decent camera*(Xenon Flash) in this price range.

2.No point in talking about the SE W705 if you can't afford it.Comparing other phones with the W705 is only going to eliminate all other options.

3.Other options:

Nokia 7610 Supernova

LG KF510
SE K850 (Prices have dropped to around 12.4K)
SE K770 (If you can find one!)

I've mentioned all possible options.
So it's upto you to choose one OR wait for a better model to come by/for the prices to come down...

~ T.T.M ~

Hmmmm. I kind of liked the k770 but it was released about a year ago...Do u recommend buying a year old released phone? Are there any cons for that?

Also, what do u think about the c902 and the w902?

I think they look pretty sexy and have the simple candy bar format. The c902 was for 16k at a store I checked(price has come down from the 20k initial price). What is the price of the w902?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back