~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Disappointment for the purchase.

My friend was being quoted 7k for the handset. I asked him to double check if stereo bluetooth headset is there and it wasnt.

I have told him to back out.

I was at Alfa along with a friend who bought this sleek looking SE bluetooth model no. something 608. for 1.1k with 1 year warranty.

I also asked for the price of E6 and the alfa guy quoted 8.8k (he said with headset) but the handset was out of stock. I also asked him for separate rokr headset and he said a whopping 3.5k.

I guess even at 8.8k with bundled bluetooth it was worth it.

SO have now asked him to dont buy it.

Any idea how much one should pay for such a handset without bundled bluetooth headfones???

Ambar said:
Any good flip phone in the range of 7K ? Would prefer dimensions like the Razr V3.

TIA

The only available flip/clamshell phones in the 5-8K range are:

LG KF300 ~ 7.4K* (Poor battery life)

SE Z555 ~ 6.3K* (Pretty basic)

Older Models:

Sony Ericsson W300i ~ 6K* (Walkman clamshell)

Moto RAZR V3i ~ 5.9K* (Still the sexiest of the lot!)

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

K I have a silly question. I was choosing between the w705 and the c510. There price difference is like 5k(lots I know).

I was asking for a good camera phone with looks earlier too. They both have 3.2 with the c510 being better ofcourse but the w705 doesnt lag behind by much and looks better. I wanted to be able to set cool custom made ringtones on my mobile...So my question is: Which in-built speaker is better, the one in the w705 or the one in the c510 on the basis of clarity and loudness?

As mentioned earlier, I have an ipod touch for my music and video needs....

archat68 said:
Suggest me the cheapest Nokia phone for GPRS (with Edge).
Pls. suggest me 2-3 handsets with increasing price.

Nokia phones with GPRS & EDGE:

Nokia 1680 Classic ~ 2.4K*
Nokia 2760 ~ 3K*
Nokia 2630 ~ 3.3K*
Nokia N5000 ~ 4.1K*
Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.4K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

TerrorBlade said:
K I have a silly question. I was choosing between the w705 and the c510. There price difference is like 5k(lots I know).

I was asking for a good camera phone with looks earlier too. They both have 3.2 with the c510 being better ofcourse but the w705 doesnt lag behind by much and looks better. I wanted to be able to set cool custom made ringtones on my mobile...So my question is: Which in-built speaker is better, the one in the w705 or the one in the c510 on the basis of clarity and loudness?

As mentioned earlier, I have an ipod touch for my music and video needs....

The SE W705 being a Walkman device obviously sounds better...

Moreover the audio quality on the W705 is a treat with the Walkman 3 player.

And if your gonna set custom-made ringtones, you can ENHANCE them on the PC before you transfer it to the phone.

Whereas the C510 being a Cybershot device, offers better camera performance & interface.The audio quality is good enough.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
You'd only find older symbian models in the market at that price range.

I think a old model like the 6681 may be available in this price range. What is advisable - to get newer models or the older symbian ones. My priority is GPRS usage.

archat68 said:
I think a old model like the 6681 may be available in this price range. What is advisable - to get newer models or the older symbian ones. My priority is GPRS usage.

Symbian phones only if your keen to Install & try out various apps.

They are also a bit slow compared to S40 based phones.

These days even non-symbian phones support the Opera mini browser that is undoubtedly one of the best for mobile browsing !

So it doesn't really matter if you buy an old symbian phone or a new S40 phone as the browsing experience is gonna be the same !

Thanks for the reply T.T.M, appreciate it.Repped you yesterday.

What about if I extend my budget by about 2-3k? Looks are the major factor for me, Razr V3i looks the best outta the lot though.

Ambar said:
Thanks for the reply T.T.M, appreciate it.Repped you yesterday.

What about if I extend my budget by about 2-3k? Looks are the major factor for me, Razr V3i looks the best outta the lot though.

The next possible option is again the Moto RAZR2 V8 for 12.3K !

thetoxicmind said:
When you say stylish Red Slider, the SE W910 (11.8K*) comes to mind !!!

And the other options are indeed the SE W580 (10.4K*) & LG KF510 (8.8K*)...

SE W580:

+ Walkman Player
+ Stereo FM radio
+ Std. SE UI
- Avg. 2MP Cam
- Less Stylish
- Memory Stick Micro (M2) is expensive comparatively

LG KF510:

+ More Sytlish
+ 3.2MP/AF/Flash/IS Cam
+ 2.2 inch Display
+ microSD
- Poor File Management

The more stylish option is obviously the KF510 !!!

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

* Plus 4% VAT

Thanks for your help. Sorry for the delayed response but my internet was down for about a week.:(

Anyway, happened to show my mom the LG KF510 & though she liked it, she's a bit apprehensive about the touch sensitivity being durable.

As to the W580i, we happened to see a peach/pink coloured dummy, which she liked a lot. But neither this colour nor the red one are actually available. Apparently, only the black one is available. One salesman even told me that the red W580i wasn't even launched in India.

So my request to all is to just let me know if the red/peach/pink W580i is available in Mumbai [maybe Lamington Rd?] & at what price.

The other phone she happened to like is the red+black W705i. She didn't like the shade of red on the W910i, though to my eyes the shade is the same as the W705i. Are they any different? We happened to see them at different locations under different lighting.

So guys, please help me out. Much appreciated. Ciao for now!

kidrow said:
Thanks for your help. Sorry for the delayed response but my internet was down for about a week.:(

Anyway, happened to show my mom the LG KF510 & though she liked it, she's a bit apprehensive about the touch sensitivity being durable.

As to the W580i, we happened to see a peach/pink coloured dummy, which she liked a lot. But neither this colour nor the red one are actually available. Apparently, only the black one is available. One salesman even told me that the red W580i wasn't even launched in India.

So my request to all is to just let me know if the red/peach/pink W580i is available in Mumbai [maybe Lamington Rd?] & at what price.

The other phone she happened to like is the red+black W705i. She didn't like the shade of red on the W910i, though to my eyes the shade is the same as the W705i. Are they any different? We happened to see them at different locations under different lighting.

So guys, please help me out. Much appreciated. Ciao for now!

1. The touchpad navigation is quite durable but may seem frustrating if one doesn't get used to it.

2. The W580 is only available in the following colours:

* Style White

* Boulevard Black

* Urban Grey

* Metro Pink

* Jungle Green

The red one was apparently released by a few carriers like AT&T & Orange...

3. Finish : W910 Vs. W705

Check out the following pics and decide for yourself...

W910:

W705:

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

Can u plz suggest me a mobile for my sis?

1. No touch screen

2. Preferably Nokia/SE

3. Gud multimedia features(audio n camera)

4. Gud battery life

5. Wi-Fi(Not necessary though)

Range around 24k..

188007 said:
Can u plz suggest me a mobile for my sis?
1. No touch screen
2. Preferably Nokia/SE
3. Gud multimedia features(audio n camera)
4. Gud battery life
5. Wi-Fi(Not necessary though)
Range around 24k..

Sony Ericsson C905
Nokia N78/N79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back