~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Finally sold off my trusted motorola e6 after 2.5 years

Are there any decent WiFi phones in the >14k range ?

Asus P320 looks good but ive heard its slow , i checked HTC Touch Viva and Asus P527 but both have the same 200 Mhz processor so i doubt they'lll be any faster , cant buy E63 as my sister has it already

Edit : Checked out some sites and the Asus lineup is confusing , they have a P525 , P526 and a P527 , apparently P525 has a 416 Mhz processor

manu1991 said:
Finally sold off my trusted motorola e6 after 2.5 years

Are there any decent WiFi phones in the >14k range ?

Asus P320 looks good but ive heard its slow , i checked HTC Touch Viva and Asus P527 but both have the same 200 Mhz processor so i doubt they'lll be any faster , cant buy E63 as my sister has it already

Edit : Checked out some sites and the Asus lineup is confusing , they have a P525 , P526 and a P527 , apparently P525 has a 416 Mhz processor

You mean less than 14K !?

Your options as such:

Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K*

Asus P527 ~ 12K*

Asus M530 ~ 12.7K*

HTC P3350 ~ 13.6K*

Nokia N78 ~ 13 - 15K*

1.Yes,The HTC Touch Viva,P3350 & Asus P527 have the same "TI OMAP 850" 200 MHz processor which isn't much.

2.The Asus P525 seems like a decent option.But apart from the processor its pretty much the same(specs).The OS can also be upgraded to WinMo 6 !

Known issues : Sluggish operation at times, difficulty in using keys 2 & 5 and a frustrating texting experience with T9 turned on.

3.If your ok with a smaller non-touchscreen display,

check out the Nokia N78 & E51.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

188007 said:
Okk...Thnx..

Avoid n85.. pathetic build quality.. u will suffer sooner or later even if u get a rock solid handset initially.. if u want n85 feature set then wait for n86 for a month or two .. its looks to be a gem of a handset .. mind u this is from a n85 user.. better get n82 .. the best nokia till date ..

I am confused

Asus P320's review on Cnet mentions Slow interface as a con while HTC Touch Viva's review mentions Fast v Interface as a pro ? dont they have the same processor ? is it something to do with RAM/ROM

Also are there any WiFi phones by Samsung/Motorola/Sony etc?

manu1991 said:
Thanks IceFusion , now ill decide between the HTC Touch Viva / Asus M530w , based on whether i need a qwerty keypad or not

Like IceFusion pointed out earlier, the amount of RAM & ROM makes a lot of difference.They can also prove to be the main difference between models within a particular brand.

Moreover, WinMo phones tend to slow down at times but the RAM & ROM come into picture if you expect complete productivity from your phone !

For the very basic needs the basic specs would hold good and for those who wish to do more will need more...

I'd recommend the Touch Viva if your not keen on a QWERTY keypad.

No other options for below 14K other than the ones I've mentioned already...

yogi7272 said:
Avoid n85.. pathetic build quality.. u will suffer sooner or later even if u get a rock solid handset initially.. if u want n85 feature set then wait for n86 for a month or two .. its looks to be a gem of a handset .. mind u this is from a n85 user.. better get n82 .. the best nokia till date ..

Care to highlight the main issues pertaining to the build quality ?

Most review sites have actually mentioned that the build quality has been improved...

thetoxicmind said:
Like IceFusion pointed out earlier, the amount of RAM & ROM makes a lot of difference.They can also prove to be the main difference between models within a particular brand.

Moreover, WinMo phones tend to slow down at times but the RAM & ROM come into picture if you expect complete productivity from your phone !

For the very basic needs the basic specs would hold good and for those who wish to do more will need more...

I'd recommend the Touch Viva if your not keen on a QWERTY keypad.

No other options for below 14K other than the ones I've mentioned already...

Thanks bro , i think ill go for the viva only

var89 said:
Looking for a phone:

- easy to use

- Battery life is important

- No need for fancy stuff like 3G and mp3 player.

- less than 5k.

Your options:

SE T303 ~ 4.5K*

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 4.4K*

Samsung J150 ~ 4.4K*

And If you fancy a music phone:

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*

Moto EM325 ~ 4.8K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

Kneo said:
Thanks TTM - Finally bought E51 based on your advice. Its a sleek looking phone - better than its nearest rival E63 by a mile.

You sure about that???

The E51 comes close to the E63 but can never beat it.

The E63 is feature packed for such a small price.

The E63 beats the hell out of the E51 with its bigger screen, QWERTY keypad and 3.5mm jack.
The E51 was my favourite phone a few months back but after tha launch of tha E63, its been on the top of my buying list.
It is the best economy minded business phone out there.

hotshot05 said:
You sure about that???

The E51 comes close to the E63 but can never beat it.

The E63 is feature packed for such a small price.

The E63 beats the hell out of the E51 with its bigger screen, QWERTY keypad and 3.5mm jack.

The E51 was my favourite phone a few months back but after tha launch of tha E63, its been on the top of my buying list.
It is the best economy minded business phone out there.

Well, That's True !

thetoxicmind said:
Well,it sure is easy on the pocket with a few extras thrown in...
But the phone's build quality/durability is questionable and the OS on low end LG phones doesn't quite make the cut...

Ok. Thanks for the information. Now only SET303 is left.
I don't want to go for Nokia 3110c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back