~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Quote: Originally Posted by Infected View Post

Hi,

I require a new Phone to replace my broken W700i.

I am looking at the new T700 from SonyEriccson.

or a used LG Prada which I can't seem to find,

as I think it is the best looking phone around.

I just want a normal phone that looks nice.

My budget is 12-15K.

I dont use a camera or the walkman.

I want to use Google maps if possible.

PLease suggest if the T700 is good? and also is the all

black one is available. Thanks a lot.

PS. I like my phones to be fast.

Your options:

Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K* (Wi-Fi)

SE T700 ~ 11.3K

Samsung S7330 ~ 11.9K*

Nokia E63 ~ 12.2K* (Wi-Fi)

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 12.9K*

HTC Touch Viva ~ 13.3K* (Wi-Fi)

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.8K*

Nokia 6210 Navigator ~ 13.9K* (GPS)

SE W705 ~ 15.8K* (Wi-Fi)

A big screen & Wi-Fi will definitely help enhance the Gmaps experience !

~ T.T.M ~

Of all the ones stated I only like the SE. T700

Do I have any other options in this budget?

I dont like any slide folding etc, just a simple candy bar is what I like.

Also is the t700 available in all Black in our country as I am not able to find one.

Only the Black and Sliver is available. Any reason to not get this t700?

It is selling for 11500/- locally

Infected said:
Quote: Originally Posted by Infected View Post

Hi,

I require a new Phone to replace my broken W700i.

I am looking at the new T700 from SonyEriccson.

or a used LG Prada which I can't seem to find,

as I think it is the best looking phone around.

I just want a normal phone that looks nice.

My budget is 12-15K.

I dont use a camera or the walkman.

I want to use Google maps if possible.

PLease suggest if the T700 is good? and also is the all

black one is available. Thanks a lot.

PS. I like my phones to be fast.

Your options:

Nokia E51 ~ 11.1K* (Wi-Fi)

SE T700 ~ 11.3K

Samsung S7330 ~ 11.9K*

Nokia E63 ~ 12.2K* (Wi-Fi)

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 12.9K*

HTC Touch Viva ~ 13.3K* (Wi-Fi)

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.8K*

Nokia 6210 Navigator ~ 13.9K* (GPS)

SE W705 ~ 15.8K* (Wi-Fi)

A big screen & Wi-Fi will definitely help enhance the Gmaps experience !

~ T.T.M ~

Of all the ones stated I only like the SE. T700

Do I have any other options in this budget?

I dont like any slide folding etc, just a simple candy bar is what I like.

Also is the t700 available in all Black in our country as I am not able to find one.

Only the Black and Sliver is available. Any reason to not get this t700?

It is selling for 11500/- locally

Well, what about the Nokia E51 and Nokia E63 ?

Anyways, if your so keen on the SE T700 (No Wi-Fi) then go ahead...

You'll have to keep searching for the black version though..

~ T.T.M ~

^^Thanks a lot just checking those two out, I need one today so it is nice that you are replying fast.

What phone do you recommend for my useage if I reduce my budget to say 5K, I dont mind it not having a Camera or even a Walkman, but it should have Google Maps if possible.

I like simple but neat looking phones.

Thanks TTM

Infected said:
^^Thanks a lot just checking those two out, I need one today so it is nice that you are replying fast.
What phone do you recommend for my useage if I reduce my budget to say 5K, I dont mind it not having a Camera or even a Walkman, but it should have Google Maps if possible.
I like simple but neat looking phones.
Thanks TTM

From 15K to 5K !? :S

Well now your options are limited to the following:

LG GM200 ~ 5.8K*
Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.6K*
Nokia 3500 Classic ~ 5.3K*

~ T.T.M ~

^^was checking what options I have available in that price range.

OK Yesterday I went out and liked the T700 I hope either the red & black or all black is available.

Also the LG cookie looked nice any comments on those two?

Any other SonyEric. you recommend lesser than 12K?

Infected said:
^^was checking what options I have available in that price range.
OK Yesterday I went out and liked the T700 I hope either the red & black or all black is available.
Also the LG cookie looked nice any comments on those two?
Any other SonyEric. you recommend lesser than 12K?

1. If you don't find the colour your looking, keep searching !

2. The Cookie is a fun device that manages the basics well enough.It does lack 3G & Wi-Fi.

3. Options from SE (< 12K) :

SE C510 ~ 10.9K*
SE K810 ~ 10.2K*

~ T.T.M ~

* Plus 4% VAT

axeman said:
Hi,

I am looking for a mid - high end business oriented phone, with NO camera (Right, I am a IT Cockroach).

Any suggestions?

- Axe

Your options:

Nokia E51 (Camera-Free version) ~ < 11K*
Nokia E61 ~ 15K*
SE M600i ~ 14.6K*

SE G700 Business Edition ~ < 13K*
Blackberry 7100g ~ 10.1K*
Nokia E62 ~ 9K*

~ T.T.M ~

Looking for a music oriented handset, betn 10-14k. Might make a budget exception for the 5800XM, but otherwise, 14k is the roof.

Have in mind the Nokia N81.

My primary requirement is music and decent games. Camera etc is secondary. I would have jumped at the ROKR E8, but apparently moto is shutting shop in India. So questions:

Is the N81 a good buy at 14k?

What other handsets would you suggest?

lxq_ikrana said:
Looking for a music oriented handset, betn 10-14k. Might make a budget exception for the 5800XM, but otherwise, 14k is the roof.

My primary requirement is music and decent games. Camera etc is secondary. I would have jumped at the ROKR E8, but apparently moto is shutting shop in India. So questions:

I've personally used the Nokia 5800XM and it's seriously fun to use !

Given the latest firmware updates and growing no. of apps/games,its a nice multimedia offering.So it ought to be you first priority !

For a mix of gaming & music there's nothing like the Nokia N81 8GB (15.4K*) at this price range.

There's also the LG KP500 Cookie (10.1K*) that offers a unique experience for its price !

Last but not the least, the Samsung i450 (11.7K*) is yet another offering at this price range !

There are a few options from Sony Ericsson in the form of the Walkman series but they don't offer a 3.5mm headphone jack.

lxq_ikrana said:
Any idea of games on the XM5800?

A comprehensive Google search is sure to list out some sites that offer games for the Nokia 5800 XM.

~ T.T.M ~

Hi

I am looking for a new mobile for my father. The features that I am looking for is
a. Good battery life
b. Easy to use UI + keypad.
c. Great look.

Other features like camera , music etc. are secondary only, as I know he wont be using it anyway. Budget can go around 7k.

Any suggestions ?

codereverser said:
Hi

I am looking for a new mobile for my father. The features that I am looking for is
a. Good battery life
b. Easy to use UI + keypad.
c. Great look.

Other features like camera , music etc. are secondary only, as I know he wont be using it anyway. Budget can go around 7k.

Any suggestions ?

Your options:

Nokia 3120 Classic ~ 7K*
SE G502 ~ 6.9K*
Samsung J800 LUXE ~ 6.7K*
Samsung L700 ~ 6.6K*
Nokia 6300 ~ 6.6K*

~ T.T.M ~

* Plus 4% VAT

lxq_ikrana said:

Who told you that Motorola is shutting shop in India? Have not heard anything like that yet.

The N81 is an old phone. It is much better to buy a newer phone like the 6210 Navigator or 6220 Classic(no 3.5mm jack) or N78 which offer the same functionality as the N81 but the phone OS may run faster.

The 5800XM is a great phone for playing games. Presently small number of games are available for it. But just wait 6months-1year, hordes of games will be released for it.

hotshot05 said:
Who told you that Motorola is shutting shop in India? Have not heard anything like that yet.

The N81 is an old phone. It is much better to buy a newer phone like the 6210 Navigator or 6220 Classic(no 3.5mm jack) or N78 which offer the same functionality as the N81 but the phone OS may run faster.

The 5800XM is a great phone for playing games. Presently small number of games are available for it. But just wait 6months-1year, hordes of games will be released for it.

1. Actually,it is true.
Motorola (severely affected by losses) is in the process of shutting down its operations here.I happened to read quite a few articles on the same.
They haven't started closing their retail outlets just yet but its just a matter of time.

2. Yes, the Nokia N81 is quite old but still is a perfect option for those looking for a gaming+music phone ! Newer operating systems may be peppier but there isn't a whole lot of difference as far as functionality goes !

3. Right on, about the games/apps available for the Nokia 5800 XM.It's just a matter of time until the numbers rise.

~ T.T.M ~

Maksa said:
what is your views for Black Berry? is it good choice for indian users?

Depends on what you plan on using it for.

If it is multimedia or gaming, its a complete no no.
But if you want it for email, it can be considered.
Though, it seems to be a waste of money to me to buy a Blackberry which is good at only one thing for such a big amount. I mean if you want push email, there are many software alternatives available.

E.G: Register at www.m3m.in and subscribe to the Rs.999/year plan. Setup your email account to forward your mail to your m3m account. After that every email that you receive gets delivered to your mobile no via sms almost instantly(there maybe a delay of a few seconds). Whenever you get the sms, you know that an email has arrived and you use GPRS to login to your mail account, read the full email and reply to it, if required.
This service can be used on any mobile, even Nokia 1100 since it uses SMS to notify users of received SMS.

Looking for a basic (cheaper the better) standby phone, preferably nokia.

Should support 600+ entry phonebook and must be easy to transfer contacts to it from e65 (PC connectivity ???).

No other requirements necessary.

Please advise .

hotshot05 said:
Depends on what you plan on using it for.

If it is multimedia or gaming, its a complete no no.
But if you want it for email, it can be considered.
Though, it seems to be a waste of money to me to buy a Blackberry which is good at only one thing for such a big amount. I mean if you want push email, there are many software alternatives available.

E.G: Register at www.m3m.in and subscribe to the Rs.999/year plan. Setup your email account to forward your mail to your m3m account. After that every email that you receive gets delivered to your mobile no via sms almost instantly(there maybe a delay of a few seconds). Whenever you get the sms, you know that an email has arrived and you use GPRS to login to your mail account, read the full email and reply to it, if required.
This service can be used on any mobile, even Nokia 1100 since it uses SMS to notify users of received SMS.
thanks for prompt reply!

My main use is to check and reply emails. But i also like some fun multimedia.

what is your opinion about HTC Daimond? is it good one? if not any similar phone.

Is it possible to get PUSH email facility in HTC Daimond like Blackberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back