~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
1. Actually,it is true.
Motorola (severely affected by losses) is in the process of shutting down its operations here.I happened to read quite a few articles on the same.
They haven't started closing their retail outlets just yet but its just a matter of time.

2. Yes, the Nokia N81 is quite old but still is a perfect option for those looking for a gaming+music phone ! Newer operating systems may be peppier but there isn't a whole lot of difference as far as functionality goes !

3. Right on, about the games/apps available for the Nokia 5800 XM.It's just a matter of time until the numbers rise.

~ T.T.M ~

hotshot05 said:
Who told you that Motorola is shutting shop in India? Have not heard anything like that yet.

The N81 is an old phone. It is much better to buy a newer phone like the 6210 Navigator or 6220 Classic(no 3.5mm jack) or N78 which offer the same functionality as the N81 but the phone OS may run faster.

The 5800XM is a great phone for playing games. Presently small number of games are available for it. But just wait 6months-1year, hordes of games will be released for it.
Thanks! .

Maksa said:
thanks for prompt reply!

My main use is to check and reply emails. But i also like some fun multimedia.

what is your opinion about HTC Daimond? is it good one? if not any similar phone.

Is it possible to get PUSH email facility in HTC Daimond like Blackberry.

Just see my previous post, I mentioned how you could get push email facilities on any mobile. www.m3m.in has many different plans and not just the Rs.999/year plan

The HTC Touch Diamond is a good buy especially if you can get it for around Rs.19.4k(themobilestore.in website says that they are selling it for that price in Mumbai)

Maksa said:
thanks for prompt reply!

My main use is to check and reply emails. But i also like some fun multimedia.

what is your opinion about HTC Daimond? is it good one? if not any similar phone.

Is it possible to get PUSH email facility in HTC Daimond like Blackberry.

Yep !

Your bound to have a better experience with the HTC Diamond (21.3K*).

Other viable options:

Nokia E75 ~ 22.2K*

HTC Touch 3G ~ 19.4K*

Nokia E71 ~ 19.3K*

~ T.T.M ~

Palpy said:
Looking for a basic (cheaper the better) standby phone, preferably nokia.

Should support 600+ entry phonebook and must be easy to transfer contacts to it from e65 (PC connectivity ???).

No other requirements necessary.

Please advise .

Nokia 2600 Classic (2.9K*) is the cheapest option !

Need a new phone as my 6233 is dying on me..:(
would like some help on it..

budget upto 8k-9k if required, lower if possible. not higher.

Now I have got a lot of sms s which I would need to transfer from my existing mobile to the one I buy.
I have done a lot of searching, and I have not found any conclusive info on how to transfer sms from nokia to non-nokia mobiles...would appreciate some info on it :)
If it is possible I am eyeing the SE G502. If I have to go Nokia I am thinking about the 5130xm. not sure about 3120 classic(poor battery life) and 3600 slide(too pricey? got a good camera though)

Other requirements:
  • Good battery life (I talk at least 3-.3.5 hrs a day.. sometimes continuously for an hour). i am looking at 5 hrs talktime.
  • Good browsing capabilities
  • Decent looks
  • A decent camera (as good as it can be in the budget :))
  • Good music is nice but not a priority.

I had also thought about an asus p320 or htc p3400 but not sure about the battery life/performance/touchscreen.

tirthankar said:
Need a new phone as my 6233 is dying on me..:(

would like some help on it..

budget upto 8k-9k if required, lower if possible. not higher.

Now I have got a lot of sms s which I would need to transfer from my existing mobile to the one I buy.

I have done a lot of searching, and I have not found any conclusive info on how to transfer sms from nokia to non-nokia mobiles...would appreciate some info on it :)

If it is possible I am eyeing the SE G502. If I have to go Nokia I am thinking about the 5130xm. not sure about 3120 classic(poor battery life) and 3600 slide(too pricey? got a good camera though)

Other requirements:

• Good battery life (I talk at least 3-.3.5 hrs a day.. sometimes continuously for an hour). i am looking at 5 hrs talktime.
  • Good browsing capabilities
  • Decent looks
  • A decent camera (as good as it can be in the budget :))
  • Good music is nice but not a priority.

I had also thought about an asus p320 or htc p3400 but not sure about the battery life/performance/touchscreen.

1. If you really have to stick to your budget, the Nokia 3600 Slide (8.8K*) is the only viable option !

But if you can spend a bit more, here are your options :

SE K810 ~ 10.2K*

LG KF510 ~ 10.4K*

Nokia 7610 Supernova ~ 10.5K*

SE C510 ~ 10.7K*

2. I suggest you try using some software like MyPhoneExplorer Or Mobile Navigator to export messages from your Nokia phone and transfer them back to your SE phone else you can always save the messages onto your SIM card and transfer the same back to your new phone's memory.

~ T.T.M ~

@TTM: thanks a lot :)

Are you sure if the two softwares you mentioned work with Nokia or only with SE. I thought they were only for SE. Will give them a shot.

How are the music capabilities of C510? and overall how is it compared to G705?

I would have liked stick to my budget.. but :ashamed:

tirthankar said:
@TTM: thanks a lot :)

Are you sure if the two softwares you mentioned work with Nokia or only with SE. I thought they were only for SE. Will give them a shot.

How are the music capabilities of C510? and overall how is it compared to G705?

I would have liked stick to my budget.. but :ashamed:

1. Afaik, MPE supports most brands.
2. The music capabilities of the C510 is similar to most other offerings in this segment.Audio quality is acceptable.
Well, the main difference between the C510 and the G705 is the former's Cybershot 3.2MP camera module and the latter's GPS feature and bigger screen.
The G705 also packs in a little more though !

However, the G705 isn't available yet and sports an expected sticker price of 28K !

~ T.T.M ~

Hi again. You'll had helped me buy a phone for my mom earlier & with your guidance, I was able to get hold of a w580. Special thanks to Toxic, not only for creating this thread, but also for continuing to actively support it.

Well, now I plan on gifting my wife a phone. She seems to want at least a 3.2mp camera & a walkman-like [i.e. good quality audio output + intuitive interface] phone. Her earlier phone was a k800i & she absolutely loved the camera.

So which phones will I be looking at if my budget is 12-15k?

There are a few walkman phones I have come across which seem to fit the criteria on the face of it - w705, w760, w595. But do these walkman phones have a camera comparable to the k800i [cybershot series] in terms of picture quality? After all, it's not only about no. of megapixels.

I'm not limiting my options to any particular brand, but just thought I'd mention the SE phones as I came across them while surfing.

Thanks a lot. Bye!

hey toxic, how ya doin buddy?

finally getting the e63 for myself, an well my questions:-

1.any way of making blackberry email services work on nokia e63? cause airtel has a good plan for blackberry and hence want to get tat.

2. has the black colour come out in e63 yet? its out in europe so im guessing it should be out here aswell.

kidrow said:
Hi again. You'll had helped me buy a phone for my mom earlier & with your guidance, I was able to get hold of a w580. Special thanks to Toxic, not only for creating this thread, but also for continuing to actively support it.

Well, now I plan on gifting my wife a phone. She seems to want at least a 3.2mp camera & a walkman-like [i.e. good quality audio output + intuitive interface] phone. Her earlier phone was a k800i & she absolutely loved the camera.

There are a few walkman phones I have come across which seem to fit the criteria on the face of it - w705, w760, w595. But do these walkman phones have a camera comparable to the k800i [cybershot series] in terms of picture quality? After all, it's not only about no. of megapixels.

I'm not limiting my options to any particular brand, but just thought I'd mention the SE phones as I came across them while surfing.

Thanks a lot. Bye!

Your options:

Samsung S7330 ~ 11.7K*

Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 12.8K*

Nokia N78 ~ 13-15K*

Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.6K*

SE C702 ~ 14.1K*

Motorola ZN5 ~ 15.5K*

SE W705 ~ 15.6K* (No AF)

Yes,there's the SE W705 which seems ideal but the Moto ZN5 is a no-brainer with a superb 5MP camera module !!!

~ T.T.M ~

amityrock said:
hey toxic, how ya doin buddy?

finally getting the e63 for myself, an well my questions:-

1.any way of making blackberry email services work on nokia e63? cause airtel has a good plan for blackberry and hence want to get tat.

2. has the black colour come out in e63 yet? its out in europe so im guessing it should be out here aswell.

1. Nope.

Nokia's removed the Blackberry Connect service from the newer E series

Only the following devices still support the same : 9300i, 9300, 9500, E50, E51, E60, E61, E61i, E62, E65, E70, E90

2. The Black version is available now though not widespread !

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
Your options:

Samsung S7330 ~ 11.7K*
Nokia 6500 Slide ~ 12.8K*

Nokia N78 ~ 13-15K*
Nokia 6600 Slide ~ 13.6K*
SE C702 ~ 14.1K*

Motorola ZN5 ~ 15.5K*

SE W705 ~ 15.6K* (No AF)

Yes,there's the SE W705 which seems ideal but the Moto ZN5 is a no-brainer with a superb 5MP camera module !!!

~ T.T.M ~

Is N78 still available? Nokia has stopped it long back ago!

kidrow said:

Thanks a lot. Bye!

Add the SE C510, Nokia 5610, Motorola E8(2MP camera, great sound quality) and Samsung i450(2MP camera, great sound quality) to the list that TTM provided.(I mentioned the Samsung i450 even though it only has a 2MP camera since it has great sound quality and is based on Symbian S60, so lots of 3rd party video and audio players are available.)

Thanks for your replies Toxic & Hotshot. Will look into the phones you'll have listed & get back to you.

In the meantime though, my trusty k508i's 'track' has malfunctioned. The SE service center's rep told me there's no guarantee that the repair will work.

So now I'm also looking for the cheapest phone which will give me the option to install opera mini & surf the web. I chiefly use my phone for web browsing [besides calling people up of course].

So what I'm looking at is a decent screen [my k508i 128x160 screen is good enough for me] & web functionality. Camera, music quality [anything else, for that matter] is not important. [Should look half decent though]

I'm not stating any budget because I just want the cheapest one for my requirements while I save money to buy a good one.

Thanks!

kidrow said:
Thanks for your replies Toxic & Hotshot. Will look into the phones you'll have listed & get back to you.

In the meantime though, my trusty k508i's 'track' has malfunctioned. The SE service center's rep told me there's no guarantee that the repair will work.

So now I'm also looking for the cheapest phone which will give me the option to install opera mini & surf the web. I chiefly use my phone for web browsing [besides calling people up of course].

So what I'm looking at is a decent screen [my k508i 128x160 screen is good enough for me] & web functionality. Camera, music quality [anything else, for that matter] is not important. [Should look half decent though]

I'm not stating any budget because I just want the cheapest one for my requirements while I save money to buy a good one.

Thanks!

I think the Nokia 3110 Classic will suffice for your requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back