~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

thetoxicmind said:
Depends on your needs.

The Nokia N82 is a great device as such...
And the 5800 is fun to use, let alone its features.

What kinda budget do you have in mind?

HTC G1 ~ 24.9K*

Need something better than N82, but in 5mp category.

Any idea when W902 is launching in India ?

thx dude for help..... but last year i gifted SE K800 cybetshot to my gf.
spent around 13k on that and later found that stupid phone can store only 500 SMS :(
my previous nokia 6500slider use to store 3000+ SMS ..... i am SMS FAN.

so i can go for SE phone but i am not able to find SMS capacity of that phone.... can anybody throw light on that please....

avi_avadhut said:
spent around 13k on that and later found that stupid phone can store only 500 SMS :(

so i can go for SE phone but i am not able to find SMS capacity of that phone.... can anybody throw light on that please....

Sorry bro. I have no idea about that...but I think there are some tweaks to increase SMS capacity..
look this:
enhance ur w700i wid new acoustic driver, increased sms capacity - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

Or lets wait what others say...:cheers:

avi_avadhut said:

I think the SE C510 has the option of saving SMS'es in the memory card. I think I read it in some review.

Otherwise no option other than Nokia phones or Symbian phones.

rajatgarewal said:
i am getting nokia 5220 second hand for 4.5k and 5310 5k both mint condition...wats the difference bwteen the 2(altho i know 5310 is better but how much quality wise)???

I think the Nokia 5220 is a bit better than the Nokia 5310XM since the NOkia 5310XM had some problems with the camera. It took ages to save a captured image onto the memory card. Hopefully the 5220XM does not have that problem.

But I am not sure if it has the problem or not and so check out its review on GSMArena before you buy any of them.

Read review of Nokia 5220XM
Read review of Nokia 5310

rajatgarewal said:
i am getting nokia 5220 second hand for 4.5k and 5310 5k both mint condition...wats the difference bwteen the 2(altho i know 5310 is better but how much quality wise)???

On the ebay home page you will see a few Nokia models on offer at really attractive prices. One of them is the Supernova 7210 offered at Rs. 5299/-
Use a 10% discount coupon and you've got yourself a great brand new phone at under 5K.
Why do you want to risk the used phones?

please advice a mobile which i want to gift to my sister.

Requirements:
FM,Mp3 player,VOice recording( i mean while talking i want to record the conversation and also while talking offline which can be of more duration). No camera. PC connectivity should be there so that it the audio files can be moved to pc.
Also the mobile should have good signal reception.

Budget < 4k

I have seens samsung guru 1410. how is this model? what abt in nokia.
pl suggest asap as she it leaving by friday.

TIA.

cri_sss said:

Requirements:
FM,Mp3 player,VOice recording( i mean while talking i want to record the conversation and also while talking offline which can be of more duration). No camera. PC connectivity should be there so that it the audio files can be moved to pc.

Budget < 4k

TIA.
Yes it fits ur requirement perfectly. Should come around 3K with a 1GB card free. It also has 1000 phonebook entries. My brother bought this model specially for this.

I am going to go for a Nokia 5130 is there any other fone in the same price range which I should look at my needs include decent music playback and decent looks camera isn't that imp.

cri_sss said:
Requirements:
Budget < 4k
TIA.
you better go for 3110c. It has awesome features and it comes @ 4.3k

Kingg_of_tech said:
you better go for 3110c. It has awesome features and it comes @ 4.3k

He mentioned that a camera is not required. I dont know if he means that camera is prohibited or not.
If camera is prohibited then there is no use of buying a Nokia 3110C as it comes with a 1.3MP camera.

Hey All,
i wanted a new phone for myself for 15k max.

Requirements in order of priority:
1) Looks(candy bar or slider)
2) camera

Thats all I really need. The screen should be nice and vibrant as on the SE's...I dont want to listen to music on my phone...i just wanted to cut out and make custom ringtones for myself on sound forge or something so all I want is thay the speaker on the phone should be decently loud as I love the music ringtone aspect of handsets....I was looking at the w705 but since I have an ipod touch, i wont use any of its features and I have tested the camera out myself and I found it to be pretty terrible having no AF. C510 looks killer to me....Also, it has a very nice price. Can u suggest any other killer ones that could satisfy my needs or should I wait for any new handset to hit the market??

Thanks

TerrorBlade said:
Hey All,
i wanted a new phone for myself for 15k max.

Requirements in order of priority:
1) Looks(candy bar or slider)
2) camera

Thats all I really need. The screen should be nice and vibrant as on the SE's...I dont want to listen to music on my phone...i just wanted to cut out and make custom ringtones for myself on sound forge or something so all I want is thay the speaker on the phone should be decently loud as I love the music ringtone aspect of handsets....I was looking at the w705 but since I have an ipod touch, i wont use any of its features and I have tested the camera out myself and I found it to be pretty terrible having no AF. C510 looks killer to me....Also, it has a very nice price. Can u suggest any other killer ones that could satisfy my needs or should I wait for any new handset to hit the market??

Thanks

As you need best cam, then get Moto ZN5. It has awesome 5MP cam with xenon flash and decent looks too (I dont know the speaker volume of this phone). Or N78 but it has only 3.2 mp cam but good loud speaker.

hotshot05 said:
He mentioned that a camera is not required. I dont know if he means that camera is prohibited or not.
If camera is prohibited then there is no use of buying a Nokia 3110C as it comes with a 1.3MP camera.

Did'nt tought in that way...:eek:hyeah: :hap2: :cheers:

Yes, the ZN5 is really good. But is it reliable???? I bought a v3i the last year and in 8 months, it stopped working. It was under warranty and they fixed it like 4 times and still it didnt recuperate....In short, I am very pissed off with Motorola. What do u have to say to that?

TerrorBlade said:
Yes, the ZN5 is really good. But is it reliable???? I bought a v3i the last year and in 8 months, it stopped working. It was under warranty and they fixed it like 4 times and still it didnt recuperate....In short, I am very pissed off with Motorola. What do u have to say to that?

I did'nt came across with such cases with ZN5..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back