~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

TerrorBlade said:
Hey All,
i wanted a new phone for myself for 15k max.

Requirements in order of priority:
1) Looks(candy bar or slider)
2) camera

Thats all I really need. The screen should be nice and vibrant as on the SE's...I dont want to listen to music on my phone...i just wanted to cut out and make custom ringtones for myself on sound forge or something so all I want is thay the speaker on the phone should be decently loud as I love the music ringtone aspect of handsets....I was looking at the w705 but since I have an ipod touch, i wont use any of its features and I have tested the camera out myself and I found it to be pretty terrible having no AF. C510 looks killer to me....Also, it has a very nice price. Can u suggest any other killer ones that could satisfy my needs or should I wait for any new handset to hit the market??

Thanks

Another option is the Nokia 6500 Slide.
It has a nice enough camera and good loudspeaker and a vibrant screen.

yes, but Im still skeptical about Motorolas. Their battery sucks and they dont last long at all....Is that true???? Ive been a V3i owner and I have had a beyond terrible experience as I mentioned earlier.....
i dont really like Nokias....
Any other options that u guys have in mind?
Whats wrong with the C510? Would you suggest anything over it??
Thanks.

TerrorBlade said:
yes, but Im still skeptical about Motorolas. Their battery sucks and they dont last long at all....Is that true???? Ive been a V3i owner and I have had a beyond terrible experience as I mentioned earlier.....
Thanks.

Why dont you like Nokia phones???

The Nokia 6500 Slide is very sturdily built and has a chrome finish. Looks great.

thetoxicmind said:
Hey All !

Just to let to you all know that I won't be able to access TE (even a PC !) till the end of May.

So replies to your queries won't be possible leavealone the promptness of the same.

Other members may help out as and when they can but I can't assure you the same.

Will BUMP the thread when I get back.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

T.T.M

AND I'M BACK !!!

Thnx. to all those who contributed to this thread.

TerrorBlade said:
Hey All,

i wanted a new phone for myself for 15k max.

Requirements in order of priority:

1) Looks(candy bar or slider)

2) camera

Thats all I really need. The screen should be nice and vibrant as on the SE's...I dont want to listen to music on my phone...i just wanted to cut out and make custom ringtones for myself on sound forge or something so all I want is thay the speaker on the phone should be decently loud as I love the music ringtone aspect of handsets....I was looking at the w705 but since I have an ipod touch, i wont use any of its features and I have tested the camera out myself and I found it to be pretty terrible having no AF. C510 looks killer to me....Also, it has a very nice price. Can u suggest any other killer ones that could satisfy my needs or should I wait for any new handset to hit the market??

Thanks

Your options:

Moto ZN5 ~ 15.5K*

Samsung F480 ~ 15.1K*

TerrorBlade said:

Thanks.

Well,the Moto ZN5 is value for money and not too many complaints about the same.

The SE C510 is good enough but only sports a 3.2MP camera like all other options available in the price range.

And yeah, what's with Nokias !?

~ T.T.M ~

hotshot05 said:
Nowadays all providers provide EDGE speeds unless you live in some interior part of the country. In my father's village, I got EDGE speeds on Airtel network.

Once you start using EDGE, you will hate GPRS(Just like one hates Dial Up Internet if one has ever used Broadband Internet).

Quite True.

kidrow said:
But does Vodafone provide EDGE speeds? I always thought that this aspect was dependent on the service provider. & I'm pretty happy with the speeds on my k508. So any other phones [read cheaper!] I can consider if EDGE is not required.

Cheaper options:

SE K330 ~ 2.8K*
Nokia 1680 Classic ~ 2.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

rajatgarewal said:
is Nokia 5610 XM's camera is fine????

It's quite good.

Kingg_of_tech said:
But if you can increase your budget about 2k more, you can get Moto ZN5. It has awesome SQ and cam quality. Nothing beats this phone:)

Yep !

rajatgarewal said:
i am getting nokia 5220 second hand for 4.5k and 5310 5k both mint condition...wats the difference bwteen the 2(altho i know 5310 is better but how much quality wise)???

Main difference is the audio quality and slightly bigger display.

rajatgarewal said:
please suggest me a fone which has both good camera and music under 13k...

Your Options:

1. Nokia 5610 XM ~ 11K*

2. Sony Ericsson W595 ~ 13.3K*

3. Moto EM35 ~ 11.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

avi_avadhut said:
can anyone help me with this ..
Nokia 5130xm vs SE G502

budget - 6k

SE will surely have better camera quality than nokia one and sound quality will be good also. its price is 7400 but saw deal in indiatimes today for this phone at 5800/- only.... does it make good deal ?

It's a really good deal if your getting the SE G502 at that price !

Although the SE G502 isn't really music oriented like the Nokia 5130 XM.

Other options:

SE W350i ~ 5.5K*
Moto ZN200 ~ 5.8K*

~ T.T.M ~

ragzdiablo said:
plz tell...
phone within 20k..
good camera..music..calling..msg..lol.
no high fi features...
must be very good looking..
for a girl

Your Options:

SE W902 ~ 19.1K*
Moto VE66 ~ 19K*

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 18.4K*
LG KU990 Viewty ~ 18K*

LG KF750 Secret ~ 17.9K*
Nokia 6260 slide ~ 17.2K*
Nokia N79 ~ 17.1K*

~ T.T.M ~

cri_sss said:
please advice a mobile which i want to gift to my sister.

Requirements:
FM,Mp3 player,VOice recording( i mean while talking i want to record the conversation and also while talking offline which can be of more duration). No camera. PC connectivity should be there so that it the audio files can be moved to pc.
Also the mobile should have good signal reception.

Budget < 4k

I have seens samsung guru 1410. how is this model? what abt in nokia.
pl suggest asap as she it leaving by friday.

TIA.

Your Options:

Samsung B520 ~ 3K*
Samsung E1410 ~ 2.7K*
Moto W270 ~ 2.6K*
LG KP110 ~ 2.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

Both are similar. Depends on which company's fanboy you are. None of the reviews I have read on cookie or star have put one over the another. Both do the same stuff, have same features and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back