~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hotshot05 said:
Add the SE C510, Nokia 5610, Motorola E8(2MP camera, great sound quality) and Samsung i450(2MP camera, great sound quality) to the list that TTM provided.(I mentioned the Samsung i450 even though it only has a 2MP camera since it has great sound quality and is based on Symbian S60, so lots of 3rd party video and audio players are available.)

Yeah, The SE C510 & Nokia 5610 XM are also worth considering.

~ T.T.M ~

kidrow said:
Thanks for your replies Toxic & Hotshot. Will look into the phones you'll have listed & get back to you.

In the meantime though, my trusty k508i's 'track' has malfunctioned. The SE service center's rep told me there's no guarantee that the repair will work.

So now I'm also looking for the cheapest phone which will give me the option to install opera mini & surf the web. I chiefly use my phone for web browsing [besides calling people up of course].

So what I'm looking at is a decent screen [my k508i 128x160 screen is good enough for me] & web functionality. Camera, music quality [anything else, for that matter] is not important. [Should look half decent though]

I'm not stating any budget because I just want the cheapest one for my requirements while I save money to buy a good one.

Thanks!

The Nokia 3110 Classic as suggested above should do the job.

~ T.T.M ~

hey!

can you suggest a good camera and music phone, that is also good looking, phone will be used by a girl, so no fancy stuff required, should be good looking, slim and sexy....budget ~10k

mutant said:
hey!

can you suggest a good camera and music phone, that is also good looking, phone will be used by a girl, so no fancy stuff required, should be good looking, slim and sexy....budget ~10k

Your Options:

Top priority : Camera

SE C510 ~ 10.7K*

Nokia 7610 Supernova ~ 10.4K*

Nokia 3600 Slide ~ 8.8K*

Top priority : Music

SE W580i ~ 8.6K*

Nokia 5310 XM ~ 8.5K*

Samsung M3510 Beat ~ 8K*

SE W302 ~ 7.4K*

Camera & Music :

Nokia 5610 XM ~ 11K*

So these are your options for a max. of 11K, push your budget further and you get better options...

~ T.T.M ~

Hey All !

Just to let to you all know that I won't be able to access TE (even a PC !) till the end of May.

So replies to your queries won't be possible leavealone the promptness of the same.

Other members may help out as and when they can but I can't assure you the same.

Will BUMP the thread when I get back.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

T.T.M

thetoxicmind said:
The Nokia 3110 Classic as suggested above should do the job.

~ T.T.M ~

Thanks Hotshot & Toxic. But the price seems to be ~4.5k. I was hoping to get something for much less [maybe ~2k?]. I think the k320 @3k would fit the bill [it's pretty similar to my current k508]. Thanks!

kidrow said:
Thanks Hotshot & Toxic. But the price seems to be ~4.5k. I was hoping to get something for much less [maybe ~2k?]. I think the k320 @3k would fit the bill [it's pretty similar to my current k508]. Thanks!

Surfing on the 3110 Classic will be much better than the K320 since I dont think that it has EDGE.

hotshot05 said:
Surfing on the 3110 Classic will be much better than the K320 since I dont think that it has EDGE.

But does Vodafone provide EDGE speeds? I always thought that this aspect was dependent on the service provider. & I'm pretty happy with the speeds on my k508. So any other phones [read cheaper!] I can consider if EDGE is not required.

kidrow said:
But does Vodafone provide EDGE speeds? I always thought that this aspect was dependent on the service provider. & I'm pretty happy with the speeds on my k508. So any other phones [read cheaper!] I can consider if EDGE is not required.

Nowadays all providers provide EDGE speeds unless you live in some interior part of the country. In my father's village, I got EDGE speeds on Airtel network.

Once you start using EDGE, you will hate GPRS(Just like one hates Dial Up Internet if one has ever used Broadband Internet).

can anyone help me with this ..
Nokia 5130xm vs SE G502

budget - 6k

SE will surely have better camera quality than nokia one and sound quality will be good also. its price is 7400 but saw deal in indiatimes today for this phone at 5800/- only.... does it make good deal ?

avi_avadhut said:
can anyone help me with this ..
Nokia 5130xm vs SE G502

budget - 6k

SE will surely have better camera quality than nokia one and sound quality will be good also. its price is 7400 but saw deal in indiatimes today for this phone at 5800/- only.... does it make good deal ?

Close your eyes and get it dude..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back