~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

A friend asked me to suggest a basic CDMA phone. I don't know much about them hence asking here.
Please suggest a no frills basic CDMA phone. No camera or music features required.
Chinese phone :no:

^^ And what are your sources ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ques:

Budget: Rs.10000

Brand: SE Walkman Series

Which one has the best music in the above mentioned constraints..??

How is MicroMax Q75 or Samsung C5212 or Micromax Q6 or something else?

Seems, dad needs a phone too. requirements:

* Dual Sim(Both Active) MUST

* Bluetooth,Email & Internet

* Good battery life

* Camera Does not matter

* Avoid Touch screen

Open to All decent brands. budget upto 5k

ggt said:
The touch screen part is subjective.

My keypad of My SE is showing signs of dying. The zero button is not working. Guess i can hold my phone till the time i upgrade my phone.

And you yourself had a touch screen nokia right. How was that one?

Yes, its restive touch. Nokia 5800 - response is okay if not fast

Spacescreamer said:
^^ And what are your sources ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ques:

Zylo is good at 8K (Walkman V4 ) has Flac support (not sure about earphones though )

if Wi-fi is your need then W705 should be good for you (has flash too for camera) (has HPM-77 one of the best in-ear earphones)

Guys, I need a good phone, preferring Android..

My budget is 15-18k.

I'm text addict, so consider that. If it is touch then, I really need phone having good touch sensitivity (not like Samsung Star, Nokia 5233 etc)

Rahulrulez said:
Guys, I need a good phone, preferring Android..

My budget is 15-18k.

I'm text addict, so consider that. If it is touch then, I really need phone having good touch sensitivity (not like Samsung Star, Nokia 5233 etc)
hmm.

1) Motorola Backflip (hard qwerty but resistive touch)

2) Samsung Wave (Bada OS, awesome hardware and very good display)

3) Nokia X6 (VFM package)

4) HTC Wildfire (android os but very poor display resolution)

my pick: Samsung Wave.

^ I really liked the Samsung wave but do Bada OS really have good future like Android, iOS does? I need good application repo and very flexible customization. I play with my gadgets a lot, so I need something which will not get me sick of it very soon.

Rahulrulez said:
^ I really liked the Samsung wave but do Bada OS really have good future like Android, iOS does? I need good application repo and very flexible customization. I play with my gadgets a lot, so I need something which will not get me sick of it very soon.
if number of applications important, then nothing beats Android. from what I see, Wave does have future but Android is the future :)

if you want to use android phone get Legend atleast (22k) or Milestone. all those sub 20k android phones are worthless.

Rahulrulez said:
^ Is Legend available for 22k? I saw price 25k on eBay. If it's for 22k then I would surely buy that phone :D How's the screen of HTC Legend?
display of legend is legen -- wait for it -- dary. Legendary!

the stores like sangeetha sell it for a higher price but some non-chain stores sell it for better price.

Hi,

This might come as one of the most repeated query, but I am looking for an Android phone.

Everytime I read one of the threads, it leaves me more disctracted than satisfied.

My basic needs from a mobile is

1. Android

2. Looks

2. Performance

3. Camera

4. Music

and all the regular pakage deals.

HTC wildfire might be a choice but it looses out on resolution. Also, I dont like any of the HTC phones after Hero in terms of looks. I sort of was ready to buy Hero, but there are much newer phones available than it now.

I would want something that has the looks as well as performance (that's why they are both numbered on same priority ..:) )

Budget should not be a problem, but I would not like to go on a spending spree, but VFM instead.

desiibond said:
display of legend is legen -- wait for it -- dary. Legendary!

the stores like sangeetha sell it for a higher price but some non-chain stores sell it for better price.
I saw, the resolution if Legend is same as iPhone 3GS.. How HD videos look on Legend?

AceMcCloud said:
Hi,

This might come as one of the most repeated query, but I am looking for an Android phone.

Everytime I read one of the threads, it leaves me more disctracted than satisfied.

My basic needs from a mobile is

1. Android

2. Looks

2. Performance

3. Camera

4. Music

and all the regular pakage deals.

HTC wildfire might be a choice but it looses out on resolution. Also, I dont like any of the HTC phones after Hero in terms of looks. I sort of was ready to buy Hero, but there are much newer phones available than it now.

I would want something that has the looks as well as performance (that's why they are both numbered on same priority ..:) )

Budget should not be a problem, but I would not like to go on a spending spree, but VFM instead.

What about the HTC desire OR Nexus one?

Hi guys, need to buy a cheap replacement phone for my stupid nokia 1202...bad sound quality. Looking for a cheap dual sim under 2k without camera would prefer usb connectivity so that i can take contact backup's. any ideas on how to take contact backup with phones which have no connectivty option ? I mean how do I backup my phone contacts from a nokia 1202.

Spacescreamer said:
Ques:

If you're OK with its design and ergonomics, the SE W595 (8.8K*) would be your best option.

Rahulrulez said:
^ Is Legend available for 22k? I saw price 25k on eBay. If it's for 22k then I would surely buy that phone :D How's the screen of HTC Legend?
1. Yes, it's quite possible to get it for 22K.

2. The display is pretty good.

thedeadghost said:
Hi guys, need to buy a cheap replacement phone for my stupid nokia 1202...bad sound quality. Looking for a cheap dual sim under 2k without camera would prefer usb connectivity so that i can take contact backup's. any ideas on how to take contact backup with phones which have no connectivty option ? I mean how do I backup my phone contacts from a nokia 1202.
1. Dual Sim, Under 2K: Look at options from Karbonn and Micromax.

2. Backup: If the contacts are saved on your phone's (1202) memory, copy them to the SIM card.

Once on the SIM card, you can either leave them there or transfer them to the new phone.

~ T.T.M ~

Hello, I am looking for a new phone & mu budget is till 15k only at max, can't move even a penny above that. My basic requirements are:-

1) Android (2) Messaging (3) Good voice clarity (4) Music & Camera. (5) Touch screen(Keypad if possible).

Well these are my requirements & I will be buying phone by next months 12th. Please suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back