~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

@Metalspree
Samsung S3310 at ~3.7K is another good option. Great display, stock earphones are great, camera is better than competitive nokias. There is only one problem I found with this phone. Preinstalled ringtones sound loud but if I use MP3 ringtones then the volume is low.

Spy king said:
Hey!

Looking for a phone for my sister..

Main usage will be phone/text/email

Need:
-Wifi
-Smart/semi smart phone
-Music/cam

Budget is 15K
First priory is non touch..
Thanks!
1. Nokia N79
2. Nokia N86
3. SE X10 Mini Pro
4. SE Hazel

My pick would be Nokia X6 8Gb. stable firmware, decent hardware, very good package and total VFM.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

setuniket said:
Need recommendation for friend::

Budget: 30K max

Needs::

-Long Battery life(lots of calls).
-Good keypad for casual texting.
-Camera should be the best, photography is regular.\
-Apps apps and apps.

Andriod based phones are in priority. Camera in Galaxy is let down, any other suggestions.
your friend can wait for N8 if camera is top priority. (remember the possibility of buggy UI initially given that it is going to come with a new S^3 OS)
or check these:

1. SE Xperia X10 (if older firmware is not an issue)
2. HTC Desire
3. Nokia N86 (the best camera phone available currently)

desiibond said:
[/COLOR]
your friend can wait for N8 if camera is top priority. (remember the possibility of buggy UI initially given that it is going to come with a new S^3 OS)
or check these:

1. SE Xperia X10 (if older firmware is not an issue)
2. HTC Desire
3. Nokia N86 (the best camera phone available currently)
Thanks so much desiibond, Checked for prices of both Galaxy S and X10, 28500 and 28200 respectively in Noida. The problem is that I recommend him Galaxy S for Android 2.2 and in which camera is manageable and any ways he will change phone in another year or two. What is the disadvantage in owning a 1.6 Android phone, I mean except for better camera Galaxy S is superior to X10 in almost everything and why isnt Sony updating X10 with Froyo?

He plans to purchase the phone by Monday, my money is for Galaxy S and he is considering X10 just for better camera. I feel once he gets into android he will be looking out(I mean hooked) for apps and I am not sure if he would find apps for 1.6 phones. I might be wrong though.

What do you suggest??

setuniket said:
Thanks so much desiibond, Checked for prices of both Galaxy S and X10, 28500 and 28200 respectively in Noida. The problem is that I recommend him Galaxy S for Android 2.2 and in which camera is manageable and any ways he will change phone in another year or two. What is the disadvantage in owning a 1.6 Android phone, I mean except for better camera Galaxy S is superior to X10 in almost everything and why isnt Sony updating X10 with Froyo?

He plans to purchase the phone by Monday, my money is for Galaxy S and he is considering X10 just for better camera. I feel once he gets into android he will be looking out(I mean hooked) for apps and I am not sure if he would find apps for 1.6 phones. I might be wrong though.

What do you suggest??
There is no explanation for why SE is not getting updates for their phones. a 2.1 update by October and should make it a better phone overall. Do remember that SGS camera is not the best in call and the price of 28k is very very high when you can get the phone for 26k in most places. Do bargain a bit before buying it.

desiibond said:
There is no explanation for why SE is not getting updates for their phones. a 2.1 update by October and should make it a better phone overall. Do remember that SGS camera is not the best in call and the price of 28k is very very high when you can get the phone for 26k in most places. Do bargain a bit before buying it.
Thanks Desiibond, I think I will get him SGS then, w.r.t prices I got through phone by calling a mobile shop so that wasnt exactly final price will surely haggle as I see everyone getting at around 26K in the forum again.

Thanks again..

Setu

Few long awaited phones listed in Flipkart.

Nokia C6 Price in India: White Color | Flipkart Mobiles
Nokia E5 Price in India: Chalk White Color | Flipkart Mobiles

My pick would be the Cedar. Priced at 5.5k this SE has HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps. It has 3.5mm jack too :D One of the best budget phones with 3G IMO.

Sony Ericsson Cedar Price in India: Black Silver Color | Flipkart Mobiles

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The much awaited Anroid laden X8 is here for 13.95k :D
It addresses the resolution issue of budget androids and comes with 3" 480*320 resolution.
But still runs on age old Donut :mad:
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 Price in India: White & Dark Blue Color | Flipkart Mobiles
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 - Full phone specifications

Going to purchase cellphone in 2 days.. My Budget is Rs.18,000. Which one should I buy? If it is touch, then touch screen should be like iPod Touch or iPhone. Otherwise I'll still prefer Hard Keypad phone.

I'll prefer phone having good Music output via headphones.

Need a phone under 10k, which has 3G and GPRS, if possible.

Android is a strong optional. Better if its there, also need a decent camera and strong messaging capabilities.

I am eying the Galaxy 5.

Any views?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back