~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

DarkAngel said:
LG Optimus One P500 vs. Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - GSMArena.com

Edit: LinuxTechie has a even better link than this one :)

GSMArena says the P500 has 419MB of RAM :S whereas the PCworld says 512MB.

Other differences are that the P500 has a faster HSDPA (7.2Mbps vs 3.6Mbps)

But the Galaxy 3 has a slightly higher clocked proccy (667Mhz vs 600MHz)
So what do you guys suggest? Should go for LG...or is any android phone launching soon with better specs? I have a Samsung Wave S8500 and this phone is for my brother. He's quite used to the seamless, non-laggin OS of WAVE. So is there a phone in this range which even though won't have AMOLED Screen, but will have lagg-free functioning.

DigitalDude said:
@DarkAngel
the processor in optimus one (qualcomm msm7227 with adreno 200 gpu) is better than galaxy 3 (some samsung spxxx with just a 2d accelerator)
_

Where did u get that info. Really interested in knowing the processors used by various Android mobiles. The low-mid range phones never mention about the processor make in the specs list and just put out the speed of the proccy :mad:

@DarkAngel, DigitalDude & LinuxTechie

So what do you guys suggest? Should go for LG...or is any android phone launching soon with better specs? I have a Samsung Wave S8500 and this phone is for my brother. He's quite used to the seamless, non-laggin OS of WAVE. So is there a phone in this range which even though won't have AMOLED Screen, but will have lagg-free functioning.

DarkAngel said:
Where did u get that info. Really interested in knowing the processors used by various Android mobiles. The low-mid range phones never mention about the processor make in the specs list and just put out the speed of the proccy :mad:
pdadb.net and even developer section of the manufacturer's website has these details.

my vote goes to LG. they have really made a comeback with this one.

_

DigitalDude said:
pdadb.net and even developer section of the manufacturer's website has these details.

my vote goes to LG. they have really made a comeback with this one.

_
Not a developer :) Thanks for the link. +1 to LG. Reviews also are good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

WingZero said:
Cellphone in 4.5-5.5k. Please help.

Priority is good cam and probably with 3G.
SE Cedar ~ 5.5k. Decent 2MP shooter. 7.2Mbps HSDPA. No sec. cam though. Has 3.5mm jack and microUSB too.

Sony Ericsson Cedar - Full phone specifications

Sony Ericsson Cedar Review - Phone Arena

Sony Ericsson Cedar Price in India: Black Silver Color | Flipkart Mobiles

Am looking for a mobile for my mom.. Budget of 3k to 4k.

Her requirements:

1. Good FM radio with internal antenna

2. MP3 player

3. Expandable memory to store those mp3s

4. Very intuitive menu system

5. Good battery backup

Of course, call quality should be excellent with very little dropped calls. A colour screen larger than 2" would be good (in fact, the larger the better). No QWERTY keys. Would prefer reputed brands (read Nokia & Samsung only). Please suggest accordingly.

logistopath said:
Am looking for a mobile for my mom.. Budget of 3k to 4k.
Her requirements:
1. Good FM radio with internal antenna
2. MP3 player
3. Expandable memory to store those mp3s
4. Very intuitive menu system
5. Good battery backup
Of course, call quality should be excellent with very little dropped calls. A colour screen larger than 2" would be good (in fact, the larger the better). No QWERTY keys. Would prefer reputed brands (read Nokia & Samsung only). Please suggest accordingly.
Nokia 2690. Only downer would be the screen which is just 1.8" as opposed to the 2" you are looking for.

http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-2690/specifications

^^ Will check it out.

Edit: Just checked. The 2690 costs around 2.7k on ebay, so it is well within the budget. What are the other alternatives, for the sake of choice.

logistopath said:
^^ Will check it out.

Edit: Just checked. The 2690 costs around 2.7k on ebay, so it is well within the budget. What are the other alternatives, for the sake of choice.
Is touch screen phones an option? Then the C3300 ~ 3.5k. 2.4" screen
The Samsung C3200~3.8k is also a good choice but battery back up seems to be less than avg. 2.2" screen.
Both the above phones come with Samsung's DNSE. So they have excellent music quality.

Else the Nokia 2700C ~ 3.5k is a decent option as it comes with a bundled microSD, slightly better camera and larger 2" QVGA screen.

cooldude_007 said:
Guys, Is it a good idea to buy HTC desire for 499$ at amazon and use it in India? :)
Any pros and cons?
No warranty. $499 ~ 23k. U can get a Grey market set in India for that price or even slightly lesser.(or a 1-2 months old set with 10-11 months local warranty remaining)

DarkAngel said:
Is touch screen phones an option? Then the C3300 ~ 3.5k. 2.4" screen
The Samsung C3200~3.8k is also a good choice but battery back up seems to be less than avg. 2.2" screen.
Both the above phones come with Samsung's DNSE. So they have excellent music quality.

Else the Nokia 2700C ~ 3.5k is a decent option as it comes with a bundled microSD, slightly better camera and larger 2" QVGA screen.
Unfortunately, no touch screens. Mom is not comfortable with them. Thanks for the alternatives. Will check them out. :)

Looking for a 10k phone for my dad..

1) Good build quality..

2) Should not be pain in texting..

3) Average to good sound quality and volume..

4) Wifi/3g..

5) Apps like Office, PDF should get installed..

What are the suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back