~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

I'm looking for a Non-Touch Screen phone in 15K~18K bracket for my father. His requirements are :

1. NO touchscreen. Too complex(new) interface for him.

2. Interface should be neat and clear so that he's not wasting time in reading stuff. [Big Screen w/ Less Resolution]

3. Good Battery Life -> The phone should last 1 day without any need for recharging. Usage includes 1-2hrs of music + 2-3hrs of talk-time.

4. Emails -> The phone should be able to download entire emails from 2-3 Hotmail accounts and 1-2 POP3 accounts.

5. Music -> It should have good music playback and the more the capacity the better. I'll be storing all the songs in his collection and make playlists. Basically capacity ~8-16GB.

6. Camera -> Auto-focus camera is important. Sensor should be >=3.2MP.

7. Complete Office Support -> Should support complete reading and editing of Office documents.

8. STURDY -> Should last for a minimum of 1year.

After looking at a number of phones I couldn't choose any phone, I found the following phones are somewhat Okay.

SE X10 mini PRO (Rs.15.5K) - the screen is too small.

N8 - (Rs.23.5K) - no office editing support and TOUCHSCREEN + Costly

Nokia C5 - (Rs.11.5K) - no office editing support

Nokia C7 - 18K - no office editing support and TOUCHSCREEN(&fixed focus camera)

Nokia E72 - 16.5K - no office editing support andOUTDATED OS

Give me some idea about HTC phones. I prefer Android or any other good OS.

TIA.

Thanks for the suggestion, So E72 and E5 are two finalists. If a touch screen is considered which one do you think i should go for(there are many touch androids with qwerty like backflip etc. are they any good)?

No offense to you techno_guy but Blackberry is total backwass as I had it and sold it. Everything in it from top to bottom is backwass and since BBM service is not going to be used it's even more worthless to me. Blackberry is too damn costly if you consider the amount you're going to be paying at the end of 1yr for the complete Blackberry package.

aman.pitbull said:
Thanks for the suggestion, So E72 and E5 are two finalists. If a touch screen is considered which one do you think i should go for(there are many touch androids with qwerty like backflip etc. are they any good)?

No offense to you techno_guy but Blackberry is total backwass as I had it and sold it. Everything in it from top to bottom is backwass and since BBM service is not going to be used it's even more worthless to me. Blackberry is too damn costly if you consider the amount you're going to be paying at the end of 1yr for the complete Blackberry package.

ya i also know that BB is not so good

but because you wanted it for your dad i mentioned

Its only good for corporate use

found this non touch android phones but don't know how good are they

Acer beTouch E130 Price in India: Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles

Motorola Charm MB502 Price in India | Flipkart Mobiles

and in touch + keypad ones motorola backflip and milestone are good

the main difference is the screen size and resolution, rest all is similar

Also X10 pro mini has too small screen so aviod it for your dad

I'll be choosing from the following phones

E72

E5

HTC Wildfire

Videocon Zeus Evolve V7500 (it's capacitive and battery life is rated @ 7.5hrs which needs to be confirmed)

,the main deciding factor that filtered out most of the phones came out to be the battery life.

Another thing I noticed is that all Motorolla phones using the 'TI OMAP3410 600MHz' processor are facing issues of regular hangs bad battery life etc.

hi,
please give me advice, my budget is 4.5k
will use for music, general purpose, sometime internet browsing, camera quality(high megapixle) not necessary, need to have good battery life, the built quality need to be good not like those cheap plastic mobile phones
i like the looks of sony ericsson spiro.how good is samsung champ?
any other good cell phone in my price?
thanks in advance.

how is nokia n900 .. its 350$ in US .. 19.5K thru ICCWorld .... i know the features but no idea about the UI ? haven't used android phones either ...

what is the market price here ? the only trouble is the warranty :(

akhurana said:
how is nokia n900 .. its 350$ in US .. 19.5K thru ICCWorld .... i know the features but no idea about the UI ? haven't used android phones either ...

1. 350$ is an awesome price for N900.
2. you will not get warranty in India if you purchase it in USA
3. It's a geeks tablet that can make phone calls. If you are not a geek, you better stick to Android.
4. The UI is terrific but like I said earlier, you need to have linux knowledge to use the device completely.

aman.pitbull said:

E72
E5
HTC Wildfire
Videocon Zeus Evolve V7500 (it's capacitive and battery life is rated @ 7.5hrs which needs to be confirmed)

,the main deciding factor that filtered out most of the phones came out to be the battery life.
Another thing I noticed is that all Motorolla phones using the 'TI OMAP3410 600MHz' processor are facing issues of regular hangs bad battery life etc.

I'd get the E72.. what exactly is outdated in Symbian, other than the UX?

crytek said:
hi,
will use for music, general purpose, sometime internet browsing, camera quality(high megapixle) not necessary, need to have good battery life, the built quality need to be good not like those cheap plastic mobile phones
thanks in advance.
samsung champ is a VFM in that budget
or if you don't like it then get 5130 XM

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

akhurana said:

19.5k is a good price but i think if you wan't it without warranty then try grey market ,you may get it for around 20k without bill

and like @desibond said if you are an enthusiast then get it else in that price you may get a better capacitive touchscreen mobile like C7

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

aman.pitbull said:

E72
E5
HTC Wildfire

there is not mich difference between E5 and E72 so it is not worth to spend 5k extra on E72
Nokia E5 vs. Nokia E72 - GSMArena.com

crytek said:
hi,
thanks in advance.
The Spiro is a Sagem made SE and the interface is sluggish according to user reviews in gsmarena. I would suggest u avoid it.
The Champ has only a VGA camera. But it fits ur other needs perfectly.
The Nokia 5130XM~4.4k is a perfect fit for u IMO.
The N

desiibond said:
1. 350$ is an awesome price for N900.

2. you will not get warranty in India if you purchase it in USA

3. It's a geeks tablet that can make phone calls. If you are not a geek, you better stick to Android.

4. The UI is terrific but like I said earlier, you need to have linux knowledge to use the device completely.
thanks for the reply .. am a compu guy so know linux pretty well ... yeah warranty is an issue but has any1 here faced any problems with their n900 ?

nokia 5130xm is ugly, i don't like the looks of the phone, the video player and browser are slugish,menu intrference is confusing.
and about samsung phones, i've faced network problem "zero signal and call disconnection" in my previous samsung phones(star gts 5233a and E1117).

crytek said:
nokia 5130xm is ugly, i don't like the looks of the phone, the video player and browser are slugish,menu intrference is confusing.

and about samsung phones, i've faced network problem "zero signal and call disconnection" in my previous samsung phones(star gts 5233a and E1117).

that may be problem with your service provider and not cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back