~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

What's the best possible Android phone for ~11-12k for a non-geek , not looking at custom roms etc . Just smooth touch and decent performance out of the box .

FaH33m said:
What's the best possible Android phone for ~11-12k for a non-geek , not looking at custom roms etc . Just smooth touch and decent performance out of the box .

If you can just slightly increase the budget, Wildfire S will be perfect for you else check LG Optimus One.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mail2abhi81 said:
Guys, please help me out with this situation. I am looking for a phone (>3" screen) primarily for calling, texting, chatting and surfing to kill time. I have a budget of 6-6.5k max.

Requirements:
> 3" screen
Calling/ texting
Surfing, GPS (primary uses apart from calling)
emailing,chatting (with fring etc)

After much research i have finalised on ther Wave 525 as it seems to perfectly match my demands. However, i need to know

1. if it supports Opera Mini? (heard the dolphin browser is not so good)
2. does it support GPS?
3. Can i send / recieve mails?

Plz note: I dont want to go for a low end Android with this small budget, since i would be getting the I9103 later. and i currently own a NOkia E71, but its small screen is turning me off and browsing is not a good experience.

hence, if not 525, plz suggest another fone which would meet my criterias

Thanks a lot in advance,
Abhishek

Wave 525 is a decent device but I think a Nokia 5230 or E5 would be a much better buy. Another great device is samsung galaxy pro. heard that the device is pretty good.

@desiibond:

Thanks for the response. could you however confirm:

2. if it support GPS?

5230 am not interested much as i am looking for a good touch screen experience (read capactive one)

E5 not, as I have been using e71 and need a bigger screen

and not Galaxy pro, since i dont want a cheap droid.

thanks

mail2abhi81 said:
@desiibond:
Thanks for the response. could you however confirm:

2. if it support GPS?

5230 am not interested much as i am looking for a good touch screen experience (read capactive one)
E5 not, as I have been using e71 and need a bigger screen
and not Galaxy pro, since i dont want a cheap droid.

thanks

1. Yes it supports Java apps, so opera mini should work.
2. Yes GPS is there, but I could not find any free maps/nav. app. But it shows the GPS data.
3. Yes mails can be sent received.

thanks Nitesh for answering.

how much could i expect out of selling my 14 months old E71 with all OEM accessories and bill? I paid 13k.

sorry if this is not the right thread, however I couldn't fins a more appropriate one.

Abhishek

DarkAngel said:
What are your requirements?
Guys tell me which is the best phone from among these to be used by a very noob kind'o guy, coming from S40:

5233 6.2K (S60 9th,3.2''16M)

Motorolla Brea EX119 Rs.5.6K (2.5G,WiFi,Touch&Type Qwerty,3mpx,2.8''262K)

Nokia C5 Rs.7.3K (S60 9th,2.2''16M,3.2AFled,3.5G)

Sony Ericsson Elm Rs.7.5K (2.2''16M,5MP AF LED,3G,WiFi,ergonomic)

Samsung Star 2 Duos C6712-Dual SIM/3MP/Wi-Fi(DualSim,WiFi,3.2''262K) Rs.6.3K

Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570 (Lime Green) Rs.8.3K (ANDROID,3G,WiFi,3.2''262K)

LG Optimus Me P350 Rs.7.3K (Android,3G,WiFi,2.8inch262K)

Motorola Charm MB502 Rs.8.5K (Android, 3G,WiFi,3MP,2.8''262KTouch,Qwerty)

My friends requirements :
Budget = Rs.7500(max.)(willing to buy from Letsbuy after applying 15% coupon)
Preferably Touch Screen. But shifting from a Candy Bar. So if both Touch&Type are there, it'll be awesome.
A bit of chatting on Twitter/FB/Google+/messaging.
WiFi not required but would like to have 3G connectivity for future needs.
Scared of too complex devices. Has a fear(experience) of having software issues with S40 but still inclined towards Nokia :p .
Usage is somewhat rough(in Mumbai weather) so prefers a phone that can last for at least 1.5 years.

I would've recommended him Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 but it's out of stock on LetsBuy and other wise out of budget.

aman.pitbull said:
My friends requirements :

Budget = Rs.7500(max.)(willing to buy from Letsbuy after applying 15% coupon)

Preferably Touch Screen. But shifting from a Candy Bar. So if both Touch&Type are there, it'll be awesome.

A bit of chatting on Twitter/FB/Google+/messaging.

WiFi not required but would like to have 3G connectivity for future needs.

Scared of too complex devices. Has a fear(experience) of having software issues with S40 but still inclined towards Nokia :p .

Usage is somewhat rough(in Mumbai weather) so prefers a phone that can last for at least 1.5 years.

I would've recommended him Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 but it's out of stock on LetsBuy and other wise out of budget.

Flipkart.com: Motorola Charm MB502: Mobile - Rs. 6999

Grab it before price changes. It has more RAM and better GPU than the Galaxy Pro.

Its a TI OMAP 3410 and PowerVR SGX 530. (Similar to the Defy's SOC. But the processor is clocked @ 600MHz). It also has 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM.

The glass is also corning gorilla glass.

Only -ve is the OS. Pretty outdated Eclair 2.1 OS. :(

Dhanyawad Bro, I have just one question does it have a 3rd party Android 2.3 or any other updated but stable android version.

TIA.

DarkAngel said:
Flipkart.com: Motorola Charm MB502: Mobile - Rs. 6999

Grab it before price changes. It has more RAM and better GPU than the Galaxy Pro.

Its a TI OMAP 3410 and PowerVR SGX 530. (Similar to the Defy's SOC. But the processor is clocked @ 600MHz). It also has 512MB RAM and 512MB ROM.

The glass is also corning gorilla glass.

Only -ve is the OS. Pretty outdated Eclair 2.1 OS. :(

My Mom needs a new phone as she is bored with her 3 years old Nokia 3110c

Budget- 5-6k

She needs some change so wanted to try touchscreen. I have shortlisted Sony ericsson Yendo and Samsung corby pop.

Which one will be better of the two? Are there any other good options? Her main usage will be music and snaps. Will have to purchase a 8GB mmc. Does sony ericsson supports micro sd or their proprietary ones?

aman.pitbull said:
Dhanyawad Bro, I have just one question does it have a 3rd party Android 2.3 or any other updated but stable android version.

TIA.

Not sure. Googled a bit couldnt fine much :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

satan194p said:
My Mom needs a new phone as she is bored with her 3 years old Nokia 3110c

Budget- 5-6k

She needs some change so wanted to try touchscreen. I have shortlisted Sony ericsson Yendo and Samsung corby pop.

Which one will be better of the two? Are there any other good options? Her main usage will be music and snaps. Will have to purchase a 8GB mmc. Does sony ericsson supports micro sd or their proprietary ones?

Avoid both. Both has sluggish interface. Why not the new Nokia touch and type ones?

Flipkart.com: Nokia C2-02: Mobile

Nokia C2-02 review: A simple touch - GSMArena.com

Review seems to be decent. A good step for old Nokia users to try out a touch screen. :)

mail2abhi81 said:
thanks Nitesh for answering.

how much could i expect out of selling my 14 months old E71 with all OEM accessories and bill? I paid 13k.

sorry if this is not the right thread, however I couldn't fins a more appropriate one.
Abhishek
Bump. Fellow TEites, plz help me. Would be helpful..

Abhishek

I want to gift a mobile to my wife. My budget is 10-15K. It should have touchscreen and a good camera. Interface should be very simple to operate. Phone's looks & brand matter too to my wife :)

Please advise!

If you are getting that price then sell it. Because they are not even worth 14k considering phones with newer generation processor and hardware costs only 3-5k more. Even the new Xperia X10 is costing around 17k. So sell it if you can for 14K :)

As for Nexus Prime, it will be great. But the Only problem is Nexus Prime might get released later in India considering the time it took Nexus S to release in India. If you are willing to wait, then Nexus Prime because it is the only thing worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back