~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

bond_bhai said:
Guys, Please help me!!! I have these 2 Models in my mind

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i

Or

Motorola Defy?

Basically, Need advice on Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i Or Motorola Defy? Please let me know which one is better or if there are any others which suit this bill. I can stretch a little bit, No HTC Desire S, it costs > 20K. Too much for a mobile :(

Anything <19K would be still fine!

Also, Is it worth waiting for a few more months? iPhone5 release might reduce the rates of other phones?

Thanks in Advance!

Hardware and software, camera, multimedia and other tangibles Sony Xperia Mini Pro SK17i is far better than Defy. Only thing Defy has over Sony is bigger screen by 0.5 inches and life proof/rugged for longer lasting. But lets face it, as long as we take care of our phone we do not need to care about proofing.

Why Sony Xperia Mini Pro is better?

1) Powerful 1 Ghz processor for faster processing and applications

2) Decent GPU (better than Defy) for excellent gaming

3) Sony always makes better camera. So better camera with LED Flash and 720p recording.

Others that might suit your bill:

1) Galaxy S

This is still the most talked about single core phone. Why? Super Amoled 4 inch screen with unlimited viewing angle which is good for browsing/documents editing/watching movies, fastest GPU for any single core phone and is capable to handle even tegra 2 games with the help of chainfire 3d, Dolby digital audio, 5 MP Camera with 720p recording.

Price - 17.5-18.9k

Specs - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Full phone specifications

Nope, Iphone 5 will take time to get released in India. So assuming it releases earlier only reduces the price of Iphone 4 and 3GS. I do not think that would factor the price drop of any android phones. I might be wrong on this.

i want to a buy a dual sim phone with phonebook entries more than 2000....and which have a good customer review.........please suggest one........approx price rs.8000 to rs.12000

thedeadghost said:
Hi guys,

Looking for a very basic phone with flashlight ( must ) for dad. Have nokia 1280 in mind. I already have nokia 1202 but its funny since the speakers are more clear when turned backwards ! any other suggestions ? budget up to 2k

Thanks

Samsung E1175. My grandparents are using it and they are pretty comfortable with it :) You can get it for ~1k or so from letsbuy after 10% discount.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@all - Does the Samsung Hero E2230 come with a in ear plug type earphone or the regular ones?

^^Nokia seems to be selling only resistive touchscreens for phones upto 10k, so either a resistive screen or data charges has to be compromised in this case i guess :p

guys which android mobile will be a best deal in 10k? as of now i finalized Optimus one but i heard that LG is going to launch another phone in same range as optimus one after discontinuing it with better processor till diwali, so should i wait for it or do i have any other option in my budget.

Really confused which Android to buy around 20-22k budget. I have to buy one tomorrow, if possible.

After reading reviews, I decided on HTC Desire S, but, it doesnt seem to have such a good rep here. No one seems to recommend it. Is there anything wrong with it? Which other phone can I get in this range? Is it worth buying Galaxy S now? Isnt it more than 1 year old? Read some reviews of Nexus S, the general vibe was negative and they all seemed to say the interface in HTC phones is better. But here on TE, Nexus S is probably the most recommended. Any LG phones to look at in this range?

My usage will be mostly surfing net, listening music and sometimes playing games. I want something which has excellent battery life.

pretttt said:
Really confused which Android to buy around 20-22k budget. I have to buy one tomorrow, if possible.

After reading reviews, I decided on HTC Desire S, but, it doesnt seem to have such a good rep here. No one seems to recommend it. Is there anything wrong with it? Which other phone can I get in this range? Is it worth buying Galaxy S now? Isnt it more than 1 year old? Read some reviews of Nexus S, the general vibe was negative and they all seemed to say the interface in HTC phones is better. But here on TE, Nexus S is probably the most recommended. Any LG phones to look at in this range?

My usage will be mostly surfing net, listening music and sometimes playing games. I want something which has excellent battery life.

Desire S is a good model to get. I would recommend Nexus S because of these main points:

1. Vanilla android is better because HTC sense is real memory hog in Desire S or other HTC models.

2. Nexus S will be the first model to get ICS update. People do not understand and argue Nexus prime gets it first. It is first model to ship with ICS while Nexus S will get the update first OTA. So you will get the next major os upgrade without any hassles. That cannot be said for Desire S.

3. Nexus has galaxy hardware which is powerful than any other single core in the market. True, Galaxy S is one year old but it was times ahead when it was released last year. Still better than desire S, hands down.

4. Wolffson chip in Nexus S and Galaxy S which provides unbelievable audio performance.

5. Incredible xda community support for galaxy s and nexus s.

6. Nexus s has nfc chip and gyroscope so it is not found in desire s.

7. Gaming is still best in Nexus S and galaxy S. In fact best in the market for any single core phones. Sometimes even comparable to dual core.

So I would recommend Nexus S, hands down. Next I would choose Galaxy S and lastly Desire S. That is IMHO.

pretttt said:
@aradhakr84

Thanks for the very detailed reply. I can now appreciate why the Nexus S is so loved here. I think it is time to look for the best deals on a Nexus S now :).

Check eBay.in as there are Nexus S you can buy in the range for 18-19k. Else you can try flipkart and letsbuy.

sunilkumar said:
iPHONE 4 or Samsung I900 Galaxy SII or suggest me any HTC mobile

Budget 25-30K

If you decide on iOS, then go for iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5 (it might release in india later and might be expensive than 30k) But if you decide on Android, then nothing is better than SGS II at the moment.

HTC is supposedly coming up with the new sensation XE..alot better than the older sensation IMO with 1.5 ghz processor,16gb memory & other improvements..worth waiting for if ur an HTC fan..:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back