~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

saintsinner said:
TTM.. how much is the LG KC910 Renoir for??

i am also eyeing the Nokia N86.. is it available readily or about to be phased out? What your opinion on it?

The LG KC910 isn't available here but the Nokia N86 sure is, for 20.4K.

jags1987 said:
hey guys i am planning to buy the nokia 5800xm. Can u people please suggest me a place to buy it in Mumbai. Read on the forums that it is available for 13k with sennheiser headphones and a memory card to:hap2:. If u guys know any place where this deal is still going on (in mumbai) please let me know. Thanks a lot :)

Yeah, the Nokia 5800 XM retails for around 13K.

Most stores maintain this price but whether or not you get headphone is highly subjective.

Re: Good mp3 phone within 10K

harisubs said:
hey guys,

I am looking for a mobile for my fiance. Will be buying by end of this month. Please help me out.

Requirements:

Good Music player & Radio - key point

Good for SMS'ing

Good battery life

Candy bar form factor.

No touch screen please

Camera not important at all

Is 3G important? Not going to do much browsing on that screen.

Budget -within 10K

Was considering the Nokia 5310 and SE G502(hate the proprietary port though).

Please give me your inputs.

Well, the Nokia 5310 XM is a wise choice as far as music phones are concerned but it isn't widely available anymore.

So your options :

SE C510 ~ 9.2K* (Decent all-rounder, Cybershot device)

SE G502 Or SE Naite ~ 6.9* / 6.5K* (Decent, no-frills devices)

Nokia 6303 Classic ~ 6.6K*
(Simple and VFM)

By the time 3G becomes mainstream here, we'll have better handsets to choose from.

~ T.T.M ~

Grease Monk said:
Need a phone with the following 2 requirements:

1. No Camera
2. Extremely rugged (preferably waterproof).

no budget constraint.

Bonus features:
1. Expandable memory.
2. 3.5 mm audio jack.

Grease Monk said:
Thanks Karthi,

Im not too concerned about the memory and audio jack. It just has to be able to put up with extremely rough handling, some level of water resistance (a light drizzle) and no camera.

With the Samsung Marine sporting a camera, the next best thing is its RECENT alternative, the Samsung E1130B.

Meets your primary requirements with ease, the only problem being its availability.

Dark Star said:
Was planning on the F305 Sony Ericsson - Products - Mobile phones - Overview - F305 ? How good this phone will do against similar counterparts ?

Didn't like the looks of 2700c from Nokia so dropping that from my list. Do let me know any other model if available. The one listed above retails for ~6k :p

Well, the F305 isn't doing too well. Apart from its toy like looks, there have been various usage related complaints. (Read user opinions on any site, starting from GSMArena :p)

So I'm guessing your budget is in & around 6k?

Your options:

Music devices

Samsung M2710 Beat ~ 5.6K*

Nokia 5130 XM ~ 5.2K*

SE W205 ~ 4.8K*

All-rounders

LG GM200 ~ 5.2K*

~ T.T.M ~

Re: Good mp3 phone within 10K

Thanks a lot, ttm! Will buy one from these and will surely let you know which one I buy.

thetoxicmind said:
Well, the Nokia 5310 XM is a wise choice as far as music phones are concerned but it isn't widely available anymore.

So your options :

SE C510 ~ 9.2K* (Decent all-rounder, Cybershot device)
SE G502 Or SE Naite ~ 6.9* / 6.5K* (Decent, no-frills devices)
(Simple and VFM)

By the time 3G becomes mainstream here, we'll have better handsets to choose from.

~ T.T.M ~

Hey ttm ..
well i just wanted to ask .. Xperia X1 has a lot of mixed reactions .. well im planning to go for a second hand device in the range of 13-14 .. Is a X1 worth the buy ?? because ive been hearing that there have been many issues with the phone .. plz suggest some other phones in the region of 13-14 ..

what i need is .. :
Good Audio quality ..
User interface(shouldnt be slow)
Wi-fi & Bluetooth
Good looks
A bit of gaming ..

cheers ..!! :hap2:

I need a phone for myself under a budget of ~12K, my requirements are:

1. Good browser(for GPRS), reception and battery life.
2. Good auto-focus camera(picture should be clear and sharp) and good quality music player.
3. 3.5'' jack, big screen with high resolution.
4. Office document viewer/editor will be a big plus point.

I was thinking in terms of 5800Xpress but it's a really slow phone and doesn't register touch properly.
C510 gets creaky with age and gives blueish tint in snaps.

I loved E71 (it is still expensive) and 5730Xpress(I loved it due to its qwerty keypad don't know its pricing or where to buy from).
If there are other good phones releasing in this price range I can wait.

I need another phone just for talking/ listening to music on go. Budget Rs.3500 max.
1. It should have good battery life, good reception, Loud enough and should be durable.
2. Camera and FM not a must, bluetooth, music player and expandable memory required.
3. A Decent screen with good resolution.
4. Dual-Sim.

I've selected Samsung C3010 in this bracket. If there are other as good chinese Dual-Sim alternatives please suggest them too.
Thanks.

thetoxicmind said:
The LG KC910 isn't available here but the Nokia N86 sure is, for 20.4K.

Yeah, the Nokia 5800 XM retails for around 13K.
Most stores maintain this price but whether or not you get headphone is highly subjective.

HI TTM,

But is the N86 actually a good phone? what would you do if you had 20.5K and wanted to buy a phone, camera being the top priority?

Ur asking N86 is a good phone or not? r u joking? pls say ur not cos its a GREAT PHONE... Best n series tiil date.. period ..:hap2: And I dont need to say it has super awesome camera..:) man all this poor n series like N85 etc. has tarnished the n series image so bad that people even have doubt about buying a gem like N86 ..:cool2: At 20.6 k its a steal .. Now that is what all I can say. Still have doubt, u can follow my thread abt N86 here ..http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118396

thetoxicmind Sir I'm waiting for your reply :cool2: as I'm planning to buy in this week itself.

Thanks.
aman.pitbull said:

2. Good auto-focus camera(picture should be clear and sharp) and good quality music player.

I was thinking in terms of 5800Xpress but it's a really slow phone and doesn't register touch properly.

I loved E71 (it is still expensive) and 5730Xpress(I loved it due to its qwerty keypad don't know its pricing or where to buy from).

I need another phone just for talking/ listening to music on go. Budget Rs.3500 max.
1. It should have good battery life, good reception, Loud enough and should be durable.
2. Camera and FM not a must, bluetooth, music player and expandable memory required.
4. Dual-Sim.

I've selected Samsung C3010 in this bracket. If there are other as good chinese Dual-Sim alternatives please suggest them too.
Thanks.

Hi there fellas.

Need advice to buy a phone

Budget = 20 K

Requirements: Great music quality

Good video quality

Loud volume for incoming calls (I hate answering calls so need something loud and really annoying)

No problems with touch or whatever

Just want a good phone

Also, I have access to the US markets, so I could get anything from there too. So please suggest one regardless of availability.

Thanks

shaibalik said:
Hey ttm ..
well i just wanted to ask .. Xperia X1 has a lot of mixed reactions .. well im planning to go for a second hand device in the range of 13-14 .. Is a X1 worth the buy ?? because ive been hearing that there have been many issues with the phone .. plz suggest some other phones in the region of 13-14 ..

what i need is .. :
Good Audio quality ..
User interface(shouldnt be slow)
Wi-fi & Bluetooth
Good looks
A bit of gaming ..

cheers ..!! :hap2:

Why second hand when you have new ones meeting your requirements, in that price range?

Nokia 5800XM ~ 13.2K*
LG GT505 ~ 13.8K*
SE W705 ~ 13.9K*
Nokia N79 ~ 14.2K*

~ T.T.M ~

archat68 said:
Thanks TTM.

I want to buy a dual SIM for my brother - what are the choices except the Samsung phones?

Apart from Samsung, there are the cheap Chinese/Taiwanese companies to choose from.

Here's the list :

KARBONN
ORION
MAXX
LEMON

VIDEOCON
LAVA (relatively new Indian brand)

The best part is all these devices are priced under 6K... :p

saintsinner said:
HI TTM,

But is the N86 actually a good phone? what would you do if you had 20.5K and wanted to buy a phone, camera being the top priority?

yogi7272 said:
Ur asking N86 is a good phone or not? r u joking? pls say ur not cos its a GREAT PHONE... Best n series tiil date.. period ..:hap2: And I dont need to say it has super awesome camera..:) man all this poor n series like N85 etc. has tarnished the n series image so bad that people even have doubt about buying a gem like N86 ..:cool2: At 20.6 k its a steal .. Now that is what all I can say. Still have doubt, u can follow my thread abt N86 here ..N86 - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

^ :p

Yeah, it's a good option mate !
It's alternative being the SE W995.

Personally, I'd choose the N86 between the two.

aman.pitbull said:

4. Dual-Sim.

Thanks.

aman.pitbull said:
thetoxicmind Sir I'm waiting for your reply :cool2: as I'm planning to buy in this week itself.

Thanks.

Phone 1:

1. The Nokia 5800 XM is a really good option but crosses you budget by 1K. Yes, there are a few instances of the Touch not being registered but it isn't hard to live with. Gentle usage and proper care for the phone might help in this case.

2. The SE C510 misses out on a 3.5mm jack and doesn't really have a big screen by today's standards.

3. The 5630 XM & 5730 XM when released, will be priced at 14-15k and ~17k respectively.

4. The Samsung i450, inspite of its poor availability these days, is another option. Got an average camera though.

5. Now, you will also find budget touchscreen devices and pure bred music phones falling in your budget.

6. Most upcoming releases are priced over 13K and it while take a while for the prices to reduce.

So considering the above, you'll have to be specific about your requirements, be willing to miss out one feature for another OR increase your budget.

Phone 2:

1. The Samsung C3010 isn't a dual-sim device but the upcoming C3212 is.

The only decent options:

Lava KKT22 ~ 3.5K

Videocon V1405 ~ 3.2K

~ T.T.M ~

the399 said:
Hi there fellas.

Need advice to buy a phone

Budget = 20 K

Requirements: Great music quality

Good video quality

Loud volume for incoming calls (I hate answering calls so need something loud and really annoying)

No problems with touch or whatever

Just want a good phone

Also, I have access to the US markets, so I could get anything from there too. So please suggest one regardless of availability.

Thanks

Your best option would be the Samsung S8003 Jet (18.7K*) or the Nokia N86 ( 20.4K*), the former ideally suited for multimedia usage, esp. for videos.

~ T.T.M ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back