The Motorola Defy Thread

honest1 said:
I understand the situation but you could have waited for couple of days.

I know but sometimes privacy is more important than a phone too or maybe I am being paranoid.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And people just wanted to say, install that anti theft app on your phone even if it costs you 200rs.

The day before yesterday, I dropped my phone from 7 ft height, and the speaker got louder, no scratch whatsoever

defyuser said:
My defy fell from the pocket, and the screen cracked. What should I do next. ?

if it is rooted, then move back to stock rom, uninstall all softwares that need root permission, and superuser, then send to service center. if it is not in guaranty period, then also send it to service center, you do not need to uninstall anything

I have flashed sbf of : JRDNEM_U3_3.4.2_179-002_DEBLUR_SIGN_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B80AA03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTCEE_P016_A016_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf

Is it competible for cm7 or wiui or miui.

which version of 2ndinit i should use?(1.42 or 2.0)

once i m stuck at moto logo after cm7 install...

lll_aritra_lll said:
The day before yesterday, I dropped my phone from 7 ft height, and the speaker got louder, no scratch whatsoever

if it is rooted, then move back to stock rom, uninstall all softwares that need root permission, and superuser, then send to service center. if it is not in guaranty period, then also send it to service center, you do not need to uninstall anything
the service center don't replace the screen even if its in a guarantee;also a new screen costs 3800/- :(

killmastern3 said:
Anybody tried the ICS port by epsylon3... Looks awfully nice...

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

The epsylon CM9 build is still under progress and being worked on the bugs atm

And plus the build is temporary taken down due to bugs

Wait for the next release by epsylon,tht guy is smart and will surely make all the defy users happy :)

I'm waiting for epsylon's release as well,don't wanna try MIUI(Just personal taste)

lll_aritra_lll said:
Hvn't tried MIUI at all, presently on cm7.1.0

Well,i have tried MIUI/WajkUI and it kinda feels like ur using an iPhone(Thts wht i felt) and not an android :p

Currently i'm on CM7.1.0.11 By Quarx and its just great,Good battery life and Performance

But there is no harm in trying MIUI/WajkUI or even MS2Ginger 2.0 :)

I use to experiment a lot when i first got my Defy but then got bored and stuck with CM7 with is very reliable :)

lll_aritra_lll said:
i used a metamorph patch for theme, and its unstable henceforth, so i am waiting till my exam is over, and i can start playing with it again

uhhh...patches,patches dont work 100% all the time

Screwups do happen...better get re-install CM7.1.0.11...Its Stable and fast :)

My Defy took the full impact of the accident I had last week when my motorbike and me both fell on it at 70kmph.The portion below my pant, below the defy has bruised in every possible colour. There was not a scratch on the defy. I wonder how your phones have had their screens broken. Maybe I got me an extra powerful defy. 3 accidents and not a scratch. I also got a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and I don't use it as I prefer the Defy.

Back