The Motorola Defy Thread

actually as I observed, defy made in last few months are vulnerable. specially those which were assembled in India, but the pieces made earlier are generally superior in build quality

lll_aritra_lll said:
actually as I observed, defy made in last few months are vulnerable. specially those which were assembled in India, but the pieces made earlier are generally superior in build quality

Ya ur right...One of buddy recently purchased Defy(a month back) and it can't withstand a simple 4.5 feet fall....lol,the back panel simply cracked open :rofl:

Looks like they probably degraded the built quality as Defy+ was being launched and people would get it...stupid ]\/[oto :tongue:

Btw,currently testing the CM9 ICS built by Epsylon3 and Quarx

So far so good,those guys are doing an amazing job apart from certain issues/bugs....

I guess mine too vulnurable (bought in this aug), but i am glad, nothing happened when it fall from around 7 ft of hight.. no scratch.. only the loudness has increased.. thats good IMO :D

I am using Motorola Defy ,with Android 2.2 .Now recently i changed my gmail password on PC... after that all the setting in mobile went haywire.. I was not able to login to gmail /market. etc. so i factory reset the mobile..After factory reset , i got the setting of BSNL, but still when i enter the username/password for gmail or facebook , i can not logging in.The message says." Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server"..I am able to sufy in mobile (normal sites , like rediff.com etc , but strangely not able to suft gmail )

aqctually, there are several redirections needed while login, u need a little speedy data connection/gprs signal while logging in.. may be thats the reason.. try it someplace where you get better reception

"......but what i had to do was bring up the help screen and click on the link that said 2 step verification link that says signing in to your application and devices, then you scroll down that till you see the link that says "visit the Authorizing application &sites page" then you sign in just like you would on the computer and go down to the box and you would type your phone type in my case "android" and it will generarate a specific password with numbers and letters which then you take and enter in your phone as the password for your email rather then your password and then when you log in on the computer it would still be your same pass as you had originally"

May be this helps

Recently lost my defy headphones. Where can I get a replacement pair. I'd prefer the original one, unless there is a superior third party solution that also allows me answer calls. Is the official motorola center my only option to get the original headphones? Any clue where in bombay I could get my hands on one and for what price? Didn't find it on Flipkart or letsbuy. Help would be appreciated.

I found the original Moto headphones that come with defy just excellent with respect to sound quality and build but even i broke mine recently.....

Try out Soundmagic's PL-21 that come with a microphone....great pair with good sound quality and works well with defy...

If you are looking for a cheaper option then go for samsung champ's heaphone you will get it for around Rs 250 locally but build quality is really poor,i have used it and they went kaput after a month....:ashamed:

Currently using sony's walkman heaphones without the mic as i dont need a microphone atm.....But i'm thinking of getting the soundmagic pair :)

To be frank, I find the stock earphone is absolutely piece of crap, I bought Meelectronics M2P.. for Rs 199.. the best build quality than any IEM within Rs 1000 or more, pretty decent sound quality, with mic and call answer/track change/pause button.

Search a little you will find it within Rs 500 I guess, try contacting pristine note, if they still have a few spare

need help... android noob here..

got my defy around 2 months back, i turned off my gprs settings then now i need to turn it back on but im not able to figure it out. i changed the data manager settings also but no use, still not able to remember what did i do to switch off the gprs settings completely. please help me out. its running on froyo.

call your service provider, tell them to send you the setting. They will push some settings into your mobile, you just install them.. there will be a lot of settings to install i guess, after all the setting installed, switch off your mobile. after 1 min switch it back on, its ready

hunterjack said:
need help... android noob here..

got my defy around 2 months back, i turned off my gprs settings then now i need to turn it back on but im not able to figure it out. i changed the data manager settings also but no use, still not able to remember what did i do to switch off the gprs settings completely. please help me out. its running on froyo.

Try this out...

Go to settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Network settings > Data Enabled (See if it checked)

If yes,then just below it go to Acess Point or Acess Point names and let me know what you got in there(Varies for different carries).....usually the Data Enabled option needs to checked out for GPRS to work

GPRS doesn't require settings to be installed as such on an android,just add the acess point names and recharge with the GPRS Bonus coupon.....

Now-a-days,GPRS is by deafult activated on sim cards,I bought a brand new Vodafone sim for my mom and i could use GPRS but they would deduct money from my balance so the bonus GPRS coupons are best to use...

Hope this helps !!

YashBhatt said:
GPRS doesn't require settings to be installed as such on an android,just add the acess point names and recharge with the GPRS Bonus coupon.....

Now-a-days,GPRS is by deafult activated on sim cards,I bought a brand new Vodafone sim for my mom and i could use GPRS but they would deduct money from my balance so the bonus GPRS coupons are best to use...

Hope this helps !!

Not really, you need to enter setting if it is not saved in the APN setting. If your SIM has inbuilt setting thats another thing, and may be most of the new SIMS are so, but if you are just changing your old set and do not change the SIM, then you need to either install setting or enter it manually.

For me, I had to create 3 different APNs for my BSNL GPRS, one for net, mail and mms, after that i could connect to net.

@hunterjack, btwn you should try Yash's method, incase, you have your setting saved in your APN, then by just activating your APN you can active your GPRS

lll_aritra_lll said:
Not really, you need to enter setting if it is not saved in the APN setting. If your SIM has inbuilt setting thats another thing, and may be most of the new SIMS are so, but if you are just changing your old set and do not change the SIM, then you need to either install setting or enter it manually.

For me, I had to create 3 different APNs for my BSNL GPRS, one for net, mail and mms, after that i could connect to net.

Could be possible....I have been using my SIM for like 8yrs now,same number and have changed a lot of handsets and GPRS was activated on all of them....

That could be the reason i didn't have any setting trouble on any android devices i used till date...

@yashbhatt thanks for the tip data enabled was checked but still was not showing any signs of connectivity..
then moved I to APN settings and did a 'reset to default' and voila i got connected.. thanks for the help people android requires a lot of R&D just starting to scratch the surface here.. someday i'll move to custom roms

Back